Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Horrible show details Horrible
by Mortified on Aug 3rd, 2015

From the moment I walked into the office, the vibe was unpleasant. After one hour of waiting with literally no one in the office, the doctors assistant called me in. The young woman did not smile, acted disgusted, and muttered just a few words. I asked if I could use the rest room and she informed me that they do not have one! She directed me out of the office, down a long hall & around the bend to the complex ladies room. I was mortified that a Gynecology office was in a building that did not have it's own ladies room. Back I went into the room to meet Dr. Roskin. I was there for the first time to get a pap and a prescription for an annual mammogram. When she looked at my chart (my aunt and sister both had breast cancer) said instead of my yrly mammo; I need to go get DNA Testing at Memorial Cancer Institute...the most bazaar thing a doctor has ever said after hello. I explained I have never had cancer; get my yearly mamogram & pap..and that's what I'm here to do. She replied, Ok fine.. told me to undress and then she'd be bk in a few minutes. As soon as she left; I was having second thoughts about getting my annual with her; and low and behold the electricity went out as I'm sitting there in pitch darkness. I jumped up, fumbled through dressng in the dark, and said I am leaving..do not charge my insurance for this NONE visit. In closing, I have never met a doctor of gynecology who doesn't have a rest room readily for the patent which made me wonder how one cleans up after a pap prior to dressing. Secondly, she has the most horrible bedside manor I have ever witnessed, and her assistant should never be allowed to have a position with the general public. Truly, I recommend you DO NOT BOOK AN APPOINTMENT with this doctor. I was so nervous when I left..the absolute worst doctor visit I ever experienced!

by Lisa on Jul 8th, 2014

The office staff were polite, especially the receptionist. She was very nice and helpful. The doctor was excellent also and nice. I felt at ease in the office and was glad to find a good gyn.

by Belinda on Apr 8th, 2013

Dr. Roskin was recommended to me by a friend who is a nurse. I went there for another opinion after my regular GYN tried to talk me into a very involved procedure for a problem I was having. Dr. Roskin took the time to review all my records from the other doctor with me. She did a complete (and gentle) exam and then outlined options for me that my other GYN never bothered to mention. I actually ended up choosing a surgery procedure with Dr. Roskin that went great and problem solved. I really appreciated not having the "hard sell" for surgery and learning about other options, even though I went for the procedure. She is a skilled doctor and surgeon. Office staff are polite but not that efficient. I would definitely recommend to family and friends.

Oct 29th, 2012

I was really please with my care with Dr. Roskin. She took the time to explain my diagnosis and offered me different options for treatment. I chose to have a procedure that totally fixed my issue. Dr. Roskin and staff were kind and professional through the whole process.

Will not return. show details Will not return.
Mar 2nd, 2012

This doctor was suggested by my insurance (United Health Care) because MD Roskin is in my network, is board cetified, and has a valid license. I had a semi emergency situtaion and the doctor that I originally made an appointment with did not have an immediate availability. So when I was told MD Roskin could see me that same day I was extremely grateful. The initial reaction walking into the office- Quaint but Clean (10x10 waiting area). There wasn't any one in the waiting room, which initially I was okay with because that would mean a short wait time. But as I sat filling out paper wrk I noticed not a single patient came in (this sent up a small red flag because it was after 3pm which by this time is usually very busy) but it was a semi emergency situatuion which need to be taken care of immediately so I brushed it off and decided to give them a try- who knows this doctor could be great. So I waited, and waited - about 30 minutes later I was finally called in. I thought this was weird since no one was in the office but once again brushed it off. I was met by a nurse who took my blood pressure and asked a few questions- then was taken to a room. I didnt wait very long for the doctor to come which was nice considering i had to wait 1/2 an hour. I told her my problems i was experiencing.. she did the exam. and that was IT! I might've been in the examination room for literally 5 minutes (and that may be an exageration.) Gave the receptionist a sample and was sent on my way! I wasn't told what my symtoms MIGHT be.. i wasn't told how long it would take to obtain results.. I was not given anything to ease the pain I was experiencing. I was so confused that after i left the office i just sat in my car for a few minutes trying to figure out what just happened? Not to mention i knew nothing more than when i first came in!! Two days later my symtoms got worse - so I called the office and asked to speak to the doctor. I was DENIED!! The receptionist stated I could ask the questions and if THEY feel its something the doctor needed to address then she would call me back. I have been in large offices with many many patients and if i ask to speak to MY doctor, MY doctor either gets on the phone or calls me back right away!Later that day I rcvd a call from the "Nurse", stating they had to wait for the test results to come back... In her words "I knOw you're uncomfortable, and i know it sucks but we can't do anything for you at this time". Uncomfortable?! I was in so much pain that i was curled up on the couch in one position all day long- I couldnt even go to wrk. I was so aggravated that i just concluded the call at that point. The level of professionalism surprised me. They have none! And lets not mention the billing issue i also had with them... I realized I was charged a higher copay than what was on my card. "Katy" says we didnt charge you anything and no pymnt was provided when you came in. ExCuSe Me?! After I explained to her that I paid with my Debit card on their mobile device and even rcvd an CONFIRMATION email from them, she then proceeded to tell me it was my specialist copay. Now how did you get to that conclusion when you JUST told me I didn't pay you anything? Needless to say... My insurance company is taking care of it and I will nOt be returning to this office. Seems as if the nurse does it all- a prt time receptionist, billing rep, and janitor! I tried to give them a chance but i just do not trust them. I am having a followup appointment with another Doctor.Kind note: The "main" receptionist (I forgot her name) She was extremely helpful, professional and sincere. It's a shame that she has to work in such an environment. Her skills are much needed else where.