Dr. Amy Schoenbaum Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Amy Schoenbaum?

fine doctor, lousy practice

Posted on December 18th, 2013

I've had 3 appointments with Dr. Schoenbaum's office over the last year and a half. When I've met with Amy, she has done a fine job of listening to me and providing a diagnosis and treatment that make sense. My problem, however, is that my referrals never get processed, emails in the communications system go unread, and my test results get lost for weeks at a time. It has been brutal trying to get things done. Can't wait to sign up with a different practice.

worst experience

Posted on November 8th, 2012

i found her to be cool & detached, and she misdiagnosed me in a huge way, causing my family and myself untold anxiety. she had very little regard for that part of the relationship, in fact, she said several derogatory things about my reaction. in the end, thank God, her diagnosis was way wrong.

The best doctor I have ever had

Posted on September 15th, 2011

I feel lucky to have had Dr. Schoenbaum as my primary care phycysion for almost 10 years. She listens well and does not berate you for not following her healthcare advice. I find that she does overly test - but does so when she thinks it's necessary. She has a great style and has stuck with me, encouraging me, even when I did not follow her advice. I feel fortunate to have such a caring physician.

Dr. Schoenbaum does a great job

Posted on May 23rd, 2011

My experience with this group of physicans and with Mass General has been consistently positive for years. She is always on time, is a VERY good listener and really tells it like it is. She's flexible and open and I feel comfortable telling her everything that is going on. When/if more tests are needed, she makes sure I have access to those services. She's never rushed me during an annual physical (or any appointment). I couldn't ask for a better experience with a doctor.

My favorite MGH primary care doctor

Posted on March 27th, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Schoenbaum for the past 2+ years. I have been assigned to 4 different MGH primary care doctors due to physican turnaround and she is my clear favorite. She listens to what you say and has a very approachable manner that puts a patient at ease. Her sense of humor is appreciated and gives her practice of medicine a more blended and balanced approach. She is a competent informed doctor that is attentive to your medical history, listens to your immediate concerns and is empathetic to the impact of life situations.

poor bedside manners, caustic personality

Posted on August 4th, 2009

Posted on July 14th, 2009

From my personal experience, I have seen Dr. Shoenbaum over the past couple of years and have been extremely disappointed with her disinterest in hearing the problem. I have seen her regarding the same issue and she still tries to prescribe the same medication that has never helped me, leading me to believe there must be an incentive motivated by the pharmaceutical sale reps to prescribe. She lacks bedside manners as well...My favorite quote from her "I have experienced similar symptoms and this is how I dealt with it (writing me out a prescription that I specifically told her has not worked), otherwise you'll just have to learn to live with it"a. I we are not the same personb. I am a registered nurse and know there are other Rx medications and therapies that remedy my diagnosis, so no Amy Shoembaum, even though you choose to live with your symptoms, I do not have to and choose not to. THANK YOU FOR NOTHING!

Poor bedside manners.

Posted on September 23rd, 2008

Dr. Schoenbaum spent 15 min. for my annual checkup, dismissed my concerns with sarcastic comments and spent most of the time with me complaining about "how cold she was" and about the small size of her examining room. I have been unable to find another PCP and usually request to see the nurse practioners at the practice since they are excellent in all aspects.

Posted on May 3rd, 2016