Dr. Amy Sonnenblick MD Patient Reviews

3.3

• Good
  • Bad

April 21st, 2016
you'll have a bit of a wait BUT she's AWESOME!! She's taken care of me and I'll be a patient as I can. She's a true New Yorker but definitely knows what she's doing

July 3rd, 2015
Best OBGYN in FL
Dr. Sonnenblick called to check on me everyday after referring me to a specialist. She is compassionate and truly cares about her patients. She doesn't rush and spends the time to explain any issues. The receptionist and nurses also great.

June 9th, 2015
One star is TOO MUCH!
I have read many of the other patient reviews about this doctor and her staff. I have to say that I in my experience with this doctor ALL of the negative feedback would be accurate. (I should mention that this happened in the Plantation office) I only went to her office one time, but it was a visit I won’t forget. I waited for over an hour in the waiting room, this was treated as standard operating procedure. When I was finally called back I had a pap smear and breast exam. This exam was very hasty and felt like they were just going through the motions to get it over with. I was having some problems with edema and told the doctor that my GP sent me to a GYN as she believed the edema to be hormone related. This doctor did not seem concerned at all, offered no real answers…she did however become quite agitated over a small comment that I made. I said that my husband and I were going on a trip to Jamaica in a week and that with all of this swelling I was worried. She became loud insisted that the only reason I was there was because my husband was "one of those guys who has to have a woman that looks perfect in a bikini" !! She INSISTED that I was an abused woman and shoved a battered women’s emergency card in my face!!! I was stunned and embarrassed as she said these things in front of other patients and staff. This was a clear violation of HIPPA! I told my husband what happened and he was stunned and considered bringing legal action. I have come the conclusion that Amy needs to realize that she’s being paid to be a DOCTOR and not a Social Worker. Her assumptions were ridiculous and unfounded.

May 28th, 2015
I am a 54 year old woman who has seen many Doctors over the years. I have NEVER been as impressed and happy as I am with Dr. Sonnenblick. Sadly, the quality of the medical profession (in Florida) is not the best, yet Dr. Sonnenblick raises the bar to an amazing level. Courteous, thorough, brilliant, caring with incredible follow through. ALL THUMBS UP!

February 12th, 2015
Medical Assistant
My college daughter was recommended to Dr. Sonnenblick by some of her friends and she went to see her. After being on the birth control pill for a few years that was recommended by a different GYN she started getting migraines. She always had some other female issues that she discussed in length with the doctor. Dr. Sonnenblick was very concerned about her migraines and had my daughter stop the pill immediately and she ordered specfic blood tests based on her symptoms. She gave her a through exam and she followed up with the lab on the blood work. The results showed that Dr. Sonnenblick was correct in stoppoing my daughter from taking the pill because she could have had a stroke and blood clots that was preteniously very harmful to my daughters health. Anyway, my daughter is very greatful to Dr. Sonnenblick, she thinks she is very caring, compassionate and really knows her job well. The staff in her office was also very courteous and professional. In my opinion, this Doctor gets an A.

February 12th, 2015
educator
My daughter went to see Dr. Amy after recommendations from 2 of my close friends. She was extremely nervous beforehand. She came out with a smile on her face. Best doctor she had ever been too. Dr. Amy made her feel completely at ease. My daughter had numerous questions, and all were answered. She recommended the doctor to a couple of her friends and they have also been happy. The staff was friendly and helpful, also making her feel comfortable. I would recommend Dr. Amy to anyone.

January 26th, 2015
It may not seem fair, but based on the fact she can't even have a live person answer the phone, I'm tuned off. It's like calling a bank with the prompts. Then waiting, and waiting for a return call. No thanks.

December 12th, 2014
disappointing
go elsewhere! looong wait, hard to reach anyone in the office. over bills. did not tell me upfront she does not delivery babies. she is overly cautious and can get you upset and stressed out for no reason. changing doctors!

March 20th, 2014
Find a different doc!
My experience with Dr. S. was terrible! It was an hour wait. She explained 2 tests would be done. She said she didn’t deliver babies for new pts, only existing pts. I had told the office when sched my appt that I hoped to get pregnant soon. This would be very helpful for new pts to know ahead of time. While checking out, Dr. took call and told someone tests results right in front me. This was violated that pt’s privacy. I learned that not 2, but 6 tests had been run, costing $746! I should’ve been informed that 6 tests were being done for such a high cost. I got the test results 2 wks later, after calling repeatedly for them. After my visit, I wrote a professional letter to the office to let them know about my experience as a 1st time pt. I detailed my concerns but was not emotional, just factual. The billing mgr called to reprimand me for the letter. She told me that it was not the dr’s responsibility to inform a pt of costs. She raised her voice and talked over me.

January 8th, 2014
GREAT DOCTOR
Saw Dr. Sonnenblick and had my mammogram ordered. It came back suspicious she sent me straight to the breast specialist. The specialist did a biopsy and it came back benign. Very glad she is on more of the cautious side. Very caring and really listens!!

November 6th, 2013
follow-up on "too much trouble"
I called to get results of my ultrasound that was done 3 months after negative endometrial biopsy. I was told I had to make an appointment. The copay was $75. I sat in a chair in the examining room. Dr. S came in, looked at the paper in her hand, & said everything is good; repeat the ultrasound in 6 months. Then I went for mammography. The referral also stated "ultrasound if necessary." That seems to have given them permission so they did both tests. A few weeks later I got a letter from the radiology center that both tests were benign. Then I got a call from Dr. S's office that she wanted to see my old films. I explained that they were in NY and I would be there in 2 months. The "nurse" said she would see what Dr. S had to say and she would call me back in a day or 2. 3 weeks later she called me back and said they want to see my old films. I explained about going to NY again and she said she would call me back. She called me back and said to forget about the old films. She said I had to come in and sign a letter and they would give me a copy of my report and I should go see a breast specialist. I went in and signed the letter which stated they told me to see a breast specialist. There was nothing alarming on the report. I asked the "nurse" why I was being told to see a breast specialist after a benign report. She told me "the doctor is anal about these things." I called and asked for a note requesting my old films so I wouldn't have to pay a $25 fee. The woman refused, telling me to just go see the specialist and they would tell me what they want, I finally had enough! I went to a new doctor this week who was highly recommended. I filled out the forms when I got there and was taken right in. Everyone introduced themselves. The doctor was very nice and professional, took her time, and explained things. She said once a year is enough for the pelvic sonogram and there was nothing wrong with my mammogram. She also said she will call me next week with the results of my pap smear. Dr. S and her staff need to read some of these comments. They are chasing patients away. All the critical comments I have read here are correct!

March 27th, 2013
too much trouble
I read all the reviews and I figured I could put up with rude front desk people if she was a good doctor. I should mention that I am an RN. I was happy with Dr. S. She made me feel very comfortable. Staff were not rude to me. However, I sat in the waiting room in Plantation for more than an hour & I finally asked why people who came in after me were going in ahead of me. I was there to get biopsy results & I was nervous. It seems the girl put my chart on the pile of patients who had already been seen. She was very apologetic & I was suffering from anxiety. The results were good & I was told to have follow-up sonogram in 3 months. I had the sonogram almost a month ago & still don't have the results. The nurse NEVER answers the phone. You have to leave a detailed message. I called on a Tuesday when I was available & she called back on Thursday when I was somewhere with no cell phone reception. I called the next day (Friday) when I was available all day & she called back on Tuesday when I was getting my hair colored. I also need a referral for mammography. I decided it's not worth the trouble. I will look for someone else.