Dr. Amy Sparks Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Amy Sparks?

Thank you, I have primarily seen the Nurse Practitioner and Dr. Barnes and have received excellent care

Posted on May 23rd, 2017

I am a Registered Nurse working in area of Clinical Research and Nurse Epidemiology. The facility is sparkling clean and they have all the necessary Personal Protective equipment per Infection Control guidelines for protection of patients and clinical personnel.

Functional Medicine?? $500 plus a co-pay

Posted on August 5th, 2016

I have seen Dr. Sparks for several years. I am a chronically ill person with many complications. I was very pleased initially and value the knowledge and opinion of Dr. Sparks, but shortly after initially seeing her, I could no longer ger an appt with her and had to see the PA instead. I was very uncomfortable that the Dr. and facility kept pushing me, and every other patient, to pay for expensive testing (5 or more) uncovered by insurance that had nothing to do with the reason I came to the office. I did go ahead and do most of these tests, but they did not tell me much of anything I did not already know. Then I was pressured to purchase supplements, 6 or more, from the Dr. I was also pressured to get some kind of reiki at $70 session and treatment with some electromagnetic something?? I was there for a very serious matter that could have been very dangerous to my health. It was very imperative that I do real labs, not tests for gluten sensitivity, etc. There is no amount of reiki, when someone just holds thier hands over you and transfers thier energy??, that is going to find or eliminate a tumor or something as serious as that! Reiki was not going to make me feel better or heal me! I needed other testing. Recently when I called to make an appt to redo yearly tests specific to my problems, I was told that the clinic is now only seeing patients for "Functional Medicine". They told me that they would bill my insurance, I had to pay my co-pay, and then I had to pay $250 upfront for an "escrow" account to register and $250 a quarter every three months. Soooo, it was going to cost me $500 PLUS MY CO-PAY, PLUS MY INSURER WOULD PAY. This is a direct violation of my insurance contract! They CANNOT charge cash pay AND bill insurance. That is a big no no! AND the staff could not even explain what the "escrow" was for?? They told me that they were not doing "Traditional Medicine" anymore and that something even like Hypothyroid or Diabetes would be considered "Functional Medicine". I could not even believe this was happening!! Now I have to find a new Dr. once again!! In the past, two Drs. just up and left the valley, one got arrested, and now this! I feel so taken advantage of! Everytime I went there they tried to get me to buy everything they offered and got upset when I declined. I did not have $250 to give them for supplements and various nutrition tests every time I showed up. It is all about upsell, upsell, upsell... It has become a store. Im not there for allergies. I did not have Celiac Disease or allergy to wheat.. I had already tested negative. I feel like I have wasted time and lots of money here. ALSO, the older blonde lady at the front desk was so rude on multiple times! I really liked Dr. Sparks, but I cannot afford to give her all my money for stuff that is not a priority. ALL the original staff left including the doctors AND the Physicians Assistants (PA). Unfortunately, now I must leave too :(

Posted on February 5th, 2013

Very caring doctor.

horrible office staff..rude and unwilling to go out of their way for patients.

Posted on June 27th, 2011

Best Doc in Vegas

Posted on October 26th, 2009

Best diagnostician in Las Vegas. I have not found a Dr. even close to Dr. Sparks ability to actually treat you as a person/patient. She takes her time and talks to you, not at you. Goes for root casuse, and that can take a bit of time if you have issues. I apreciate her analysis and can't even think of going to anyone else. I recomend her to everyone I know and they all say the same as I do, Amy Sparks is the best Dr in Las Vegas.

Posted on April 13th, 2009