Dr. Amy Weber Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Amy Weber?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

May 31st, 2017

Irresponsible practice, runs like a factory

While the physician may have been good, the term to describe this practice at Plymouth Meeting as a "factory" may possibly have been an understatement. If you are a diabetic and want an eye exam, expect them to not use your vision insurance and not explain to you that they are not using vision insurance. What we expected was a courtesy check on vision plan and letting us know our expenses prior to the examination, like most vision practices. In addition, my dad was dilated and they did not offer him one of those disposal sunglasses to go outside, even though they claim that it's routine practice. He walked outside with blurry vision because he did not have eye protection, had to sit in the car for an hour before he could drive home. Had he wore the disposable sunglasses that were supposedly "offered" the situation might have not been as terrible. When I called to complain the manager did not accept responsibility and said the paperwork to explain all his dilation and copayment were given and he signed. I suppose that takes away the courtesy of a verbal explanation when you have a busy day at the factory. When I relayed his message to her that it was unfair for people to not explain things to him because they perceived him as not being able to speak English well and therefore he could not understand them, she counteracted with the statement that it was unfair for us to not recommend them and give them bad reviews because I myself was not there to witness the situation. I am translating his experience and opinions verbatim. If the practice has cameras and she wanted to be objective, how about pulling from the camera and we can see exactly what happened? I am a healthcare professional myself and I find this unacceptable.

January 17th, 2015

looking for a new md

lousy bedside manner I was told she didnt care about my eye sight as long as she could corrscted with lens

October 6th, 2014

Cranky

Unfortunately, the best words I can come up with to describe Dr. Weber's manner with patients are...arrogant and impatient. I have personally heard her mutter things under her breath which are highly judgmental and unprofessional. She doesn't actually seem to enjoy people very much and, indeed, does not listen.

November 9th, 2013

Dr. Weber is terribly discourteous and rude. Because I lost the small slip of paper with my eyeglass prescription, I requested a copy of the original prescription and not only did she rudely sigh in front of me in an exasperating manner, she charged me full-price for a copy of my prescription. When I called to confirm whether it was a mistake, she stated that because she had to resend a copy of the Rx, she thought it was fair to charge me for a full visit. I will never recommend her to anyone. She clearly does not care about the patient and instead cares more about her financial status.

November 17th, 2011

I have always found Dr. Weber to be pleasant, thorough,and patient. She explains everything to me & addresses all of my concerns and questions.

January 5th, 2010

Rude and missed Dx

She was very cold and spent very little time with me and spoke even less. . Asked to have my eyes examined for new glasses and she had me read two lines on chart and then wrote a prescription, which was not correct. I got two other opinions and they both agreed that Weber's prescription was not right. She missed Dx of retina edema, effect of rosacea on my eyesight, and early cataract. I went to Wills Hospital and received very different evaluation. I was very surprised by her behavior because this office has always been very helpful to me and right on target. Spoke about my experience in a group I belong to and two other people said they would not go back to her again, nor will I.

November 16th, 2009

Dr. Weber's manner is very aloof and cold. She presents like I am in charge and you are much less......just the patient.Maybe she doesn't like her job or, at least, she doesn't seem to respect her patients. I had recommended her to several people in the beginning, but I have gone back to those people and told them of my experiences. In the first appt. I thought she might just be having a bad day........but, NO she is cold and aloof.She prescribed glasses for me and I couldn't use them and she just kept saying ...they are the right prescription. She doesn't communication well because she doesn't listen.

August 15th, 2017