Dr. Amy Welcome, MD
Internist
Video profile

Great Care! show details Great Care!
by Van B Thomas, Jr on Feb 25th, 2015

Dr Welcome is a joy to know and consult as my primary physician.

Dec 28th, 2011

New patient to the practice. Never asked for my medical records. Didn't take time to learn about me as person.Focus was whether I was current on health prevention test - mammogram, bone density. Disappointing visit. Wait time was longer then the visit

by Taletha Stiles on Mar 18th, 2010

Dr. Welcome always spends a good amount of time with me...I never feel rushed. She is thorough and really cares about answering all of my questions and i usually have ALOT of questions!!

Major Misdiagnosis show details Major Misdiagnosis
by 30 something Mother of 1 on Feb 6th, 2010

Dr. Welcome misdiagnosed my endometrial cancer for almost a year. Luckily, I(on my own) went to a gynecologist after begging for help with pain from Dr. Welcome. She and one of the other doctors in the practice treated me as if I was imagining the pain...or drug seeking. This has been a horrible experience for me. Thank God for a wonderful gynecologist(who diagnosed me within 3 days) and a spectacular gynecologist oncologist.

Wonderful Primary Care MD show details Wonderful Primary Care MD
Sep 8th, 2009

Dr. Welcome is fantastic! She is always very caring and thorough, taking a real interest in her patients and making enough time to discuss any issues. Her diagnostic skills are excellent and she follows up after making referrals to other specialists. I know of two patients of hers who credit her with saving their lives through her diagnoses of "hidden" conditions. The practice is very large, but has always been efficient. It can be difficult to get an appointment with her on short notice (ex. illness) but the large practice insures that you can always get in to see someone. The practice makes good use of their nurses and nurse practicioners.