Dr. Amy Wood Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Amy Wood?

Wonderful staff

Posted on March 13th, 2017

I have been long time patient and have always been treated with wonderful customer service.

Posted on June 21st, 2016

Rude, discourteous and offensive. Accused me of "stockpiling" Otezla. Refused to authorize refills for a medication they prescribed to me, said I had a years worth of refills stored up. I just started the medication in October. Refused to contact the Otezla Pharmacy to verify the prescriptions I've been given. Suggested I give myself injections of Humira, at home. Treated me like a criminal instead of a patient with severe plaque psoriasis.

Posted on June 13th, 2016

Excellent doctor. Have seen her numerous times

Posted on April 28th, 2016

This doctor doesn't care about people, but their money. Get loads of money for 2 seconds conversation, without even looking at the affected area. She should not be a doctor, but can be a cosmetologist

Posted on April 25th, 2016

Very happy with today's outcome. Efficient Doctor and staff. Felt like they truly cared about me and assuaged my concerns.

30 seconds: Incredulously disrespectful and conceited

Posted on August 14th, 2015

DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR UNDER AMY CIRCUMSTANCE. I do not think I have ever been as disrespectfully treated by ANYONE as I was by Dr Wood. Within literally 30 seconds of entering the room she concocted a diagnosis WITHOUT reading my files or talking to me! When I tried to discuss it with her, SHE ALL BUT REFUSED, saying she would "listen but in all my years of experience I don't need to hear it". She said this almost shaking her head side to side like she had something to prove - I've never seen even non professionals act this way! She does not need to be a doctor. Clearly has NO people skills. When I asked the staff if I could speak to the office manager I was told she was in charge that day. The staff felt so bad, they didn't even charge me for a visit.

Drive-through Prescription (if you don't care about side effects)

Posted on March 24th, 2015

Long story short: such a frustrating and worthless experience! Here is the detail...Paid for a 3 minute doctor visit to get a prescription for a dermatitis flare up. When I got to the pharmacy, the medicine would cost $700 AFTER PPO insurance. So I researched what was so miraculous about this medicine and found out it had an additional component I never used before and was not even comfortable using. When I called the doctor's office back (since neither the doctor or the nurse explained what was prescribed to me during the actual visit, I was just escorted out to the register) I had to deal with the nurse over the voicemail then the phone, instead. When I asked why I needed this medicine specifically (other, really inexpensive ones worked just fine in the past) the nurse said "Oh, we have a coupon you can use, so what you will pay will be almost nothing". Why wasn't this coupon given to me during the visit?!? I work and live 30 miles away... After consulting the doctor, instead of explaining why this particular medicine was prescribed the nurse conveyed to me that I am "more than welcome to buy a topical solution at Whole Foods instead, but as far as prescription goes, Dr. Wood recommends this one". BUT WHY? I don't need to pay for a doctor visit to be talked to in a condescending manner. I was simply trying to understand why I was prescribed what I was prescribed. Two days past, I still do not have a medicine I can use because I refuse to pay $700 for a medicine I am scared of. My flare up is worse. And I am infuriated! Save yourself some nerves and go elsewhere.

Dr. Wood-Nightmare

Posted on May 7th, 2014

I had a follow up visit today to remove a cyst. Nurse called me back to see Dr. Wood. Dr. Wood quickly examined me and began to explain no lifting, sunlight, etc. as if trying to talk me out of the procedure. I said yes I know and was ready to remove it and them she said I would have to reschedule. I asked why, bc this is my second appt and it was supposed to be done today. She said "you neglected to tell the front desk you needed to have a thirty minute time slot and I don't have time today". I explained this was the second day I have taken off, but she would not work with me. My wife spoke to the office manager Veronica to explain the procedure was on out prior receipt and that I had a conversation with the receptionist about who I wanted to do the surgical procedure Dr. Wood or Dr. Bell? I chose Dr. Wood because I had seen her several times before. They refused to apologize for the mistake and Dr. Wood told my husband he needed to take "personal responsibility"!! It was the absolute worse example visit we have had with any doctor. Whatever you do... Do not visit this office. They are extremely unprofessional and Dr. Wood does not care about her relationship with patients. Keep looking.. We will be!

I'm Very Pleased

Posted on November 27th, 2012

Dr. Wood has done an excellent job diagnosing different issues that my wife and I have brought to her. She seems very thorough and knowledgeable. She immediately identified a reoccurring problem my wife was having but was not being treated correctly under another doctor. Since she is not in Sugar Land every day, making an appointment can be problematic. Other than that, I'm very satisfied.

Posted on August 31st, 2012

Very hard to work with. I am never going back.

Posted on May 2nd, 2012

I only wish I would have read the online reviews for this dermatology group as the bad reviews are absolutely spot on. The office staff and nurses are unfriendly. Dr. Wood did not take the time to discuss my treatment with me and I did not get the desired results I was seeking from my dermatogist. I did sent her an email with feedback on my office visit and she responded by telling me she would let her office staff know I may be transferring my records to another doctor. There are too many warm, caring doctors in the Houston area!

DO NOT see her!!!!!

Posted on November 28th, 2011

I start chemotherapy today. Dr. Wood barely glanced at my rash, made an incorrect diagnosis, then just said for me to try a moisturizer, when I did worsened - no further advice or suggested follow up. The next dermatologist examined me with a magnifying glass, took a skin biopsy, & ordered xrays & blood work - then referred me to a hematologist/oncologist. Had Wood done her job, I might have tackled my cancer sooner. In my opinion, she is more of a cosmetologist than a medical doctor. She did not meet the minimum standard of care a patient should expect.