Dr. Amy Yester MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

January 4th, 2016
Going through my first pregnancy I've never felt at ease with Dr. Yester. As a first time mom my questions were met with snarky answers. I expect a good doctor to want to explain things to patients and take time to answer questions they may have, especially when it's concerning the best options for their unborn child. She may have been through this with 1,000 different people but I have not and dont like being treated like I should know everything. That's what she should be there for. The other doctors at seasons OBGYN have been great to me so far. I wish I had a better experience with this particular one.

April 15th, 2015
If you are looking for a compassionate Doctor, look elsewhere. I would recommend every other Doctor in this practice ahead of her, particularly their nurse practitioner. She was sympathetic and understanding. I have been through quite a bit in the past year and a half. I have had four miscarriages. Dr. Yester has treated me for two of them. This last one was a bit complicated and involved a chemotherapy drug because it was ectopic. Everyone has different reactions to this medication and I was in severe pain. She questioned and doubted me. She made me feel like I was being a baby. I have been through 4 miscarriages and have one child. I know what pain is. She even suggested I take Motrin which it clearly says on my printout from the ER to avoid. It can cause severe damage to your liver and kidneys. When I pointed this out to her, she was surprised. It was extremely important to monitor my blood work as my body absorbed the pregnancy. Many times during this process, I had to call the office and ask what my results were. When we discovered it was ectopic, it was because I called the office and questioned my levels. I have an app on my phone that allows me to view test results. I noticed that my beta levels were irregular after we thought I had already miscarried. Thank God I have this app because if I had not called in and questioned this, who knows what would have happened. An ectopic pregnancy can be life threatening. My blood work was drawn Friday and I followed up on Monday. That is a whole weekend something could have happened. Having been through a lot, I realize I am vulnerable and sensitive but she was completely insensitive and dismissive. Also, I found her to be incompetent. I am now seeing an Reproductive Endocrinologist who was surprised that some basic blood tests were not already performed. I had requested this after my third miscarriage and again she was dismissive. I thought it was important to inform other women of her lack of sensitivity. I also see from other reviews that I am not the only one who feels this way.

February 25th, 2015
Nice enough, but her office is terrible
If you're considering going to Seasons OB in order to have Dr. Yester provide care during your pregnancy . . . you should know that this office is not staffed well, and you probably won't see much of Dr. Yester. I'm six months pregnant, and of my seven appointments so far, FOUR have been with the nurse practitioner. (Usually this only happens after I arrive: "Oh, the doctor is busy, would you mind seeing the nurse instead today?") So I've seen Dr. Yester for a total of about 10 minutes (and there are two docs in the practice that I've never even met). I've also had problems with the office scheduling things correctly.

February 5th, 2014
Wonderful doctor
I was very impressed during my first meeting with Dr Yester. She was very easy to talk to and very relatable. She has been nothing but compassionate and understanding towards any of my concerns that I have had during my pregnancy. I love all of the doctors in the practice, but Dr Yester is definitely my favorite.

July 25th, 2013
I found Dr. Yester to be a wonderful and knowledgeable doctor that has excellent beside manner and really cares for her patients. I have seen plenty ob/gyns and she is very thorough, thoughtful and concerned for her patients. I highly recommend her!

November 14th, 2011
not friendly at all very demanding and controlling.

October 5th, 2011
Excellent Care!
I would recommend Dr. Yester without reservation. She is knowledgeable, caring and professional. You won't be disappointed in her abilities and attitude.

May 23rd, 2011
could not be happier
One of the best OB/GYNs I have ever gone to. She is incredibly caring, easy to talk to and relate to. She always takes the time to make sure my questions are answered and really seems sincere in her level of care with patients. Highly recommend Dr Yester.