A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ana Macdowell:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Ana Macdowell is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ana Macdowell, MD is board certified in Allergy & Immunology.
- She has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Drug Allergy
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
Education & Awards
Dr. Macdowell graduated from Universidade Federal Fluminense, Niteroi. She has 1 awards.
Dr. Macdowell has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Cape Fear Valley Health System
- North Carolina Baptist Hospitals
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Macdowell accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina - 17 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Evercare - 3 plans
- Cigna - 11 plans
- Humana - 10 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans