Anesthesiologists, Pain Management Specialist

Eagle Spring Center
1506 Rock Quarry Rd
Stockbridge, GA 30281
770-507-6995
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

• Currently 3.1904761904762 of 4 stars
  • Currently 3.0634920634921 of 4 stars
May 29th, 2014

I had been dismissed from another pain clinic...Interventional Spine and Pain Management.....after a false positive litmus test show marajuana, I went to independant lab for a true test and was proven that my body was clean except for what I had been prescribed. So I had to find another pain doctor quick. She was rude, dismissive, accusitory even after being shown the independant lab results the look she gave me was..., you are nothing more than a drug abuser. I felt so humilited I had to try and hold myself together because I was about to just start crying right there in her office. I also had on my military shirt and woukd swear that had something to do with the way I was treated.It was a hohorrible, humiliating experience. Stay away from this quack.

|  Continuous disappointment.  |  show details
by Long Term Patient on Feb 19th, 2014

I can't begin to explain why I continue to make appointments with this office. Month after month my I leave this office determined to make it my last visit. The typical wait time is 45 minutes in the waiting room, 25 minutes in the patient room, and 3 (not a typing error...3) minutes with the Dr. On several occasions, I have had the Dr. pick up my chart and walk out of the room without bringing closure to discussions or questions regarding my treatment. There is 1 restroom, which is for men and women, that is located in the waiting room. This restroom is used by EVERYONE as they are subjected to their urine test. In a drug seeking environment, enforcement of policy is expected. However, my experience with this Dr. is that NO consideration or common sense discretion is applied to patients. History, longevity of treatment, and overall review of compliance should clearly indicate those who are abusing medications. It won't happen at this office, and I've found it nearly impossible to get a return call to get a clear answer if I need consideration of an exception...and I'm not referring to an early refill. I'm under the care of 5 physicians at this time. This is the only Dr. that I have any difficulties with in regards to a partnership in my care. Maybe all Pain Mgmt. offices have this environment. I personally doubt it, but shame on me for not being assertive and making a change.

by Dana McKinney on Jan 3rd, 2014

This doctor only wants to put injections into your back and when you say no she will terminate you from her practice. It took 3 weeks to get a copy of my file sent to another doctor. The average wait time is 2 hours. Dr Platon is rude and does not even make eye contact with the patients.

by S.R. on Dec 23rd, 2013

The worst experience of my life!! I came to see this so called physician, who I'm sure employs someone to clean up he on line reputation. First of all, no patient with an appointment should be subjected to several hours of waiting to be seen. Totally unprofessional. This woman insisted that I needed a facet injection without ever seeing an MRI, CT Scan, or even an x-ray, she told me that I take a lot of pain medication. She's right. I do. I suffer from CRPS, RA, Lupus, Neuropathy in both feet, legs, hands, and arms, Osteoporosis, Fibromyalgia, and Degenerative disc disease. She gave me a facet without as much as a local anesthetic or epidural, yet charged my insurance as if I had been sedated. Yet, she' s a licensed anesthesiologist!! Mind you, I understand that she sees quite a few people who are drug seeking. It's inexcusable that I was automatically lumped in this category and treated with such disdain merely because I suffer from several auto-immune diseases which have resulted in my having been prescribed pain medication for me not to be bed ridden. I'm sorry that she and her staff are offended by people in pain, but then again, she does claim to be a pain management specialist. If you are in need of Spain specialist, look elewhere

|  Happy  |  show details
by Lynn on Dec 4th, 2013

Over two years ago I was referred to the Pain Specialist Clinic, after being involved in a major car accident on highway 285. Whereby several individuals lost their lives or was severely injured. One of the individuals severely injured was myself. I had broken bones and fractures throughout my entire body, along with severe head trauma. I saw over six doctors and specialist, for many different reasons; which was all associated to the accident. None of these physician’s were able to treat me for the constant pain I continually had to endure. After several months of complaining to the physician’s and their staff one of my physicians referred me to the Pain Specialist. I had almost given-up and was so agitated I just knew nothing would help. I had come to believe my concerns was falling on death ears and was being ignored as well as all my prayers. Believe it or not, coming to see Dr. Platon has been the best decision that was ever made. I continue to shout for joy every time I look back over my life. I have always been taught first impressions are everything. How true this turned out to be. From the first time I arrived to the clinic, I have been impressed with the entire staff and the professional treatment I continue to receive. I cannot begin to tell you about my rewarding experience. The environment is warm and welcoming from the front to back. The manager is highly knowledgeable, professional, calm and adheres to the patients and staff in an admirable demeanor. The excellence of the staff’s attitudes and warmth is the reason I remain a patient of Dr. Platons. Not to mention I am able to manage my pain in a way I can live with. That accident really took a toll on me and actually hated life itself. Pain management has given me an outlet. And I am not doped up on medications either. Yes I get them but I do not need to take them every day, which is less then what I can say with my other medications. I receive epidural steroid injections and trigger points. Dr. Platon referred me to a great physical therapist that I see 3 times a week. Where I was getting no adequate help two years ago with several doctors, I have received much relief from one. I think she was successful in helping me because she listened, examined me, reviewed radiology with me, and has a consistent treatment plan. I enjoy visiting her office for several reasons but most of all I feel almost normal again.

|  Relieved  |  show details
by Nancy on Nov 13th, 2013

I'm a woman in my 60's. I recently had a stroke. The doctors at Piedmont Henry Hospital said I was fine, but my arm was in so much pain after my stroke. I was referred to a neurologist, who saw me at the hospital. He said what I was feeling was normal after a stroke. Still, my arm hurt. So I saw another neurologist who had lofty credentials. He said physical therapy would take care of the pain. He then passed me off to someone in his "group" who specialized in pain management. All that doctor did was increase my pain medication, which did not take away the pain in my arm. Finally at the urging of my son, I saw Dr. Platon. My son has horrible headaches but they've gotten much better since he had seen Dr. Platon. He swore by her. Headaches were one thing but I had a stroke, so excuse my skepticism! But I agreed to see her. I needed answers and relief-not higher dosages of medicine that make me sleepy and groggy. I'm not getting any younger! I had a 1:15 appointment and she saw me at exactly 1:45! Very little waiting! I literally waited 3 hours past my appointment time to see the neurologist with the upscale reputation. Within minutes, Dr. Platon did what NO OTHER DOCTOR DID; she diagnosed my pain! It was a post-stroke subluxation. Now I could give the physical therapists specific instructions on how to help me rehabilitate. Dr. Platon was patient, kind, and incredibly effective! My insurance covered the visit. I give Dr. Platon the highest recommendation possible! Things could not have gone better with exception that I should've come to her first! She was wonderful! She was reassuring and kind, and gave me something equally as helpful. Dr. Platon gave me peace of mind!

|  PATIENT  |  show details
by MICHELLE on Oct 28th, 2013

I cannot speak highly ENOUGH of this Doctor. She is the best Doctor I have ever had, definitely my favorite. I have a myriad of illness (mostly due to a former broken back, degenerative disc disease, and back problems, (the other illness has been resulting to the horrible back surgery I had and never should have had).I have not only had many, but now have many Doctors, and she is not only the most thorough (she goes through and tries every method - she doesn't EVER just try and solve the problem with drugs, It is often necessary, but she always makes me feel safe by drug testing, and keeping concerned about all my medications, and my other stomach llnesses and takes EVERYTHING (even though she certainly doesn't have to into consideration - that's what I meant when I said that she is very thorough, timely, professional, he also treats me as a human being with dignity and respect. I have a great deal of respect and appreciation, and yes, the same way she treats me kindly, I feel very supportive and kind towards her as well. I think she is a very excellent Doctor, and person all around, just the way the majority, if not all patients would want their Doctor to be. She deserves the highest of praise, recommendation, and status there is to receive....Very Respectfully, Michelle

|  Willing to help  |  show details
by Jordan on Oct 8th, 2013

Where do I begin? I was in doctor Platons office today and I went in for a follow up. I explained how my medications are making it almost impossible for me to function and do my job. She was understanding, suggested some pain meds that would not knock me out, and a procedure that would help me with my mobility. I have a terrible sharp pain in my hip joint (I do not know the correct term but it hurts). During my follow up Dr. Platon felt my inflamed joint and told me information of what was causing the pain. We agreed that an SIJ would help me. She took the chart to the front office for insurance clearance and here goes a crumblier (I have a $1000 deductible for procedures). I was explained this with the amount that the insurance allows so basically that was my payment. I thought for sure I was going home in pain but Dr. Platon made a very easy going payment arrangement with me and she did the procedure. I feel so much better even after these few hours. Actually I do not know what I could do without this shot moving forward. My goal is to come completely off the meds-it can work if these shots keeps doing the trick. While I was in the recovery room where it is totally not boring I saw these patient surveys on the wall. I thought that was real interesting for a medical practice. On the survey it listed this site to give an honest opinion of the doctors treatment. My opinion is she is worth my $1000 deductible-I feel like I am going to the gym tonight-well maybe if I didnt have to work- I am nothing less than happy. Thank you

|  AWESOME!!!!!!  |  show details
by 😊 on Sep 24th, 2013

To whom it may concern I have recently began treatment with Dr. Platon and I saw the site available for commentary so I decided to take advantage. I have an unfortunate history of excruciating pain from pinched nerved and fibromyalgia in several areas from my shoulders down because of a horrifying accident at work. I won't go any further into the painful details of that event or the extensive recovery period that followed, but i will say that after several referrals I have finally found a doctor!!!! I found the staff to be very lively and on one or two occasions extremely nurturing and even entertaining, I guess all in effort to try to help me feel better. This Doctor is not a prescription pusher, Thank Goodness.... she really assessed my pain and was able to locate the source. The comforted me through my injections and is really quite warm. If you have pain in Stockbridge, Then I strongly recommend Dr. Platon. Very Sincerely Yours, Loving Life Again

by Jim on Sep 23rd, 2013

I am seeing Dr. Platon for pain management. What is refreshing about her is her honesty and knowledge. She understands her role as my active physician and that is to treat me so I can feel better. This she does! She also discusses options and treats you very professionally. You can tell that Dr. Platon cares about her patients. Highly recommended.

|  Shocked!  |  show details
by Maria S on Sep 19th, 2013

Hello! I am a fairly new patient of Dr. Platon who is a female physician btw-I dont know why but I assumed she was a guy but hey she is not! So i was referred to her from my primary care physician. My situation is I fell down four steps and hurt my hip and lower back really bad. My primary care physician said that I needed to see a pain management doctor to get treatment that would be helpful. My PCP understood my pain and my needs. I have a little girl who has to weigh more than 30 pounds but she loves to roll around with mommy. It was heartbreaking to have limitations with what I could do with my kid. So I took the advise and went to see the doctor my PCP referred me too which was Dr. Ana Platon. I did not hesitate to see her either cause I was in pain and so limited with my daily activities from the pain. I cant even describe what I was feeling-the aches and stiffness and sharpness in my right butt cheek and hip. Ok so I had my doctor schedule my appointment and they told me what I needed to bring. The staff of Dr. Platons office reached out to me to make sure I was aware of the appointment made, confirmed it, and told me what to bring just so I wouldn't have to wait to long. My first visit was nice. The atmosphere is earthy and the staff is nice but real at the same time. I was able to be myself! I love that! I met with Dr. Platon and she was super super nice. She is a beautiful woman with an extraordinary amount of medical talent. Throughout my visit I saw about four different staff members and I do not have one bad thing to say. They made me laugh. Dr. Platon is of course more serious but she is the doctor, I expect her to be. Now to my treatment. Dr. Platon diagnosed me and ordered me to have some radiology done. She was able to do a trigger point injection which helped release some of the stress in my back and my hip. I was given some medicine but she advised that the trigger points should help enough to be active with my daughter-And they did! Once my MRI was complete the staff called and scheduled an appointment. Dr. Platon and I reviewed the results and decided that the trigger points would be my best option since the damage was not so bad (my words not hers). I see her every two weeks for about three months now. I love going there, I feel great relief when I leave, and I have a pleasant visit. Most importantly Dr. Platon was able to help me enjoy what I was missing and that was to be an awesome parent to my daughter.

|  New Patient and subsequent visits  |  show details
by Julie Vollo on Sep 18th, 2013

I came to Dr. Ana Maria Platon because I had pain in the right side of my neck and shoulders due to having Chemo and Radiation to the right side of my neck approximately 4 years ago. I have had this pain and suffering for sometime. It is the after effects of the CURE, as explained by Dr. Platon. The Oncologist and Radiation Therapist "turn you loose" after the declare you a "NERD" which means no evidence of reoccurring disease. I am HAPPY to be a NERD, but I still have collateral damage from the whole experience. Dr. Platon listened to my complaints and after the examination, she asked me about a scar on my right shoulder blade which I had totally forgotten about , that surgery was for basal cell skin cancer after the radiation treatments to the right side of my neck.... see collateral damage again and scar tissue. Cancer Survivors still need follow up treatment for years after the initial disease has been "cured". I praise Dr. Platon for making it all make sense to me in terms I could understand. I left that day with a feeling that I not only was lucky to have beaten the cancer but that I did NOT have to live my life in pain after my cancer treatment had ended. There are options and treatments for me not just a prescription for pain pills. Which concerned me because during cancer you are prescribed all kinds of pain relievers and don't get me wrong they are necessary for that moment in time. But they also have side effects that I did not want to deal with. Dr. Platon made a treatment plan for me and told me that if I would be willing to open my mind and erase the past ( I think she was using her medical psychology on me) I could experience a life that is fulfilled,happy and pain-free. I was hooked! I left that day and went home and told my family and friends that my condition was not just collateral damage from my cancer treatment that I had four years ago. There is help for me if I just open my mind to accept the help and believe that there are Doctors still out there that do CARE about the patient not just the bottom line. I was fearful to seek help at first because I had a sigma of " Doctors only give you bad news" but for once I got news! I will continue to see Dr. Platon and get my good news after each treatment and guess what? I'm living pain free with no pain pills.. Man.. ain't life grand when you get a second chance to smell the rain and feel the sunshine on your face.

|  I TELL YOU SOMETHING  |  show details
Sep 13th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Platons for many years. Before I started going to her I had been in pain for 7 years because of the bulging discs I had. I had pain in my low back and both legs. Dr. Platon put me on celebrex and zanaflex which helped some but she felt like epidurals would work better for me than just medicine alone. I was not wanting them because Im so scared of needles. She discussed the pro's and con's of the injections. She also wanted me to try the sij injections for my low back pain. Well because I was so scared of the epidurals I opted to try the sij injections first and so I got three of them. They came in a series. That helped me so very much I just couldnt believe it. I still had the pain down both of my legs. Dr. Platon was so patient with me explaining what was going on with my dics. She explained how the epidurals would help me. So I read up on the information she had given me about the injections. I called and scheduled the first injection and I was so scared. I had shared this with her staff and they were so very understanding and gave me such encouragement I calmed down and was ready to get the procedure. When I got the procedure they explained to me that I might be sore for a couple of days. But then the injection would kick in and start working. Let me tell you that is exactly what happened. I had got so much relief I had to tell the world how much better I felt. I couldnt wait to get the next injection. When it was all said and done I was left with no pain at all!! I am so very greatfull for Dr. Platon and her staff for helping me through these painful months. Dr. Platon has such wonderful bed side manner. I have told everyone I know who has pain about what her & her staff has done for me. I dont know what I would do if I didnt have Dr. Platon. I can play with my nephew with no pain at all. My family loves to be around me now. My spirits are now up. I am no longer in depression due to my pain anymore because I now have no pain. Dr. Platon has gave me my life back and I am eternally greatful for her!!!

|  Worth the mention  |  show details
by Jason K on Aug 27th, 2013

I have been Dr. Platons patient for 5 years. She has always trusted me and my pain concerns. She has always made it priority to send me to a radiologist for an MRI so we can internally understand the cause of my pain. She has been the most instrumental doctor that I have worked with. Dr. Platon has continuous new ideas and a strategic approach to ensure I will receive great relief from my pain. As the years progressed my pain still remains which I accept! But I appreciate her willingness to re-access my pain and look at it with a new approach. I can say that I always receive relief from her and I believe it is because she knows how to properly tackle pain. I have had an epidural injection that allowed me enough relief to not be seen for 6-8 months. To not have to deal with continuous visits and to go and receive an injection that actually helped me internally is worth mentioning.

|  This office should be SHUT DOWN!  |  show details
by Nikki on Aug 19th, 2013

My experience at so called "Dr" Platon office was by far the worst!! She is very rude and cares nothing at all about her patients! The only thing she is after is MONEY! I would never recommend anybody to be seen there!!

Aug 19th, 2013

She is the worst doctor every she doesnt care for the patient at all. all she care for is money she does producers/injections on patient that does not care for at the moment

|  No Complaints  |  show details
by Julius O on Aug 19th, 2013

By the time I saw Dr Platon, I had been to three other pain doctors. This woman was by far one of the kindest, well witted, and attentive doctor I have ever met (and at age 60 I've met my share). She took time to really listen to what I said , review previous doctors notes, and do a good evaluation of me. By the time we finished we agreed that I needed to have something done about the pain as soon as possible. She was getting ready to go out of town, so she informed her front specialist to get me an appointment with the first available opening upon her return so I didn't have to live with this terrible pain any longer than I had to. I found everyone on the staff to be very helpful. I am more than content with my treatment and will travel a far distance to remain a patient of hers. I appreciate her not rushing me on the table on her departure date-that to me shows she is not that TYPE of physician.

by June K on Jul 18th, 2013

I have nothing but great things to say about Dr. Platon and I feel lucky to have found her on the recommendation of my physical therapist. She is a very capable, knowledgeable and a caring doctor who actually takes the time to listen to you. In a dark time where I was in a lot of pain, she quickly got me the best care possible while doing everything to avoid surgery and invasive procedures as a first approach, which I really appreciate. I was most impressed that she takes her time with you, doesn't make you feel rushed and genuinely seems to care about her patients. She is also upfront about medical issues and advice, which is something I appreciate. I ended up getting a cortisone epidural shot for my herniated disc after we fully discussed prior treatments and things I simply wanted to avoid like spinal surgery. She also recommended a great primary care physician since I did not have one. Her staff is very friendly and my interactions with them have been great. They are always nice in person and on the phone. Her office is busy and filled with interesting people which in my opinion shows she cares about the treatment of the patient-not the financials of the patient. I recommend her to anyone experiencing low back pain. I received relief immediately and always

|  Good Job  |  show details
Jun 28th, 2013

I had a 9:00 am new patient appointment two weeks ago with Dr. Platon. I was referred by my PCP who frankly cannot do the extensive procedures that I need to move. My doctor gave me a list of three physicians but told me that he recommends Dr. Platon. So I decided to go with the flow. I arrived for my appointment and was greeted by a huge smile. The front desk check in was so helpful-she moved quickly (I dont think she sat down). I brought in all documents requested except for my MRI report- She gladly requested that for me. I paid my copay and filled out my paperwork-this took all of 20 minutes maybe- Once I went back to my seat and opened a magazine I was called back to a room. I will not go into details of why I am being treated but I will say it was an overall great first visit! As I was checking out I requested to speak to a manager to just say thank you. She was readily available to speak to. I told her of my visit and she said thank you- asked me my name and briefly discussed my treatment that Dr. Platon set out for me-oh Dr. Platon was really good! I feel better now and am happy to have a treatment schedule for my pain.

|  My pain is finally going away!  |  show details
Jun 12th, 2013

I've been seeing an orthopedic doctor for a couple of years and al I ever got was a shot in my hip with steroids. After having no success with that surgery was not an option I wanted. I was sent with a referral to Dr Platon. Her office was nice and the staff was very helpful when making my appointment. I only waited 45 minutes my first visit because I needed help with my paper work (which they helped me with). I brought all my xrays and records with me to show her and within minutes of looking at them she told me I had arthritis in my back that could be causing my pain. She offered me a treatment to find where it was coming from. I was scared at first but went with it and I am so glad I did. All those steroid shots in the past were not helping but this Doctor has given me more pain relief than i can remember, She was so wonderful and her staff let me know what to expect after the procedure. I am looking forward to getting back to my life and of all these medications. Thank You Doctor Platon!!!

|  Pain plus Weight Management  |  show details
by Kara on Jun 11th, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Platon for 6 months now-Give or take she is an amazing doctor with a successful practice-they are busy but they manage their time well A few pointers- I see Dr. Platon for knee pain. She also assist me with weight management to help rid the pain in my knee- So far I have lost 30 pounds with her checks us and encouraging staff The staff is helpful and can answer all questions- The only drawback is Dr. Platon comes in at 11 on Mondays- not nine

|  Quack  |  show details
Jun 1st, 2013

I'm totally at a lost I have seen many doctors this lady by far is the worst. I can't even call her a doctor. I thought this was an actually doctors office after setting their two hours watching the nurses be so rude to the patient I decided against seeing this quack. I told the front desk help I didn't want to be seen by the doctor. She brought me to the back to speak with their so called office manager who seem like was selling timeshare trying to get me to see this quack I stayed firm and said NO!!! FOR THE 20TH time the quack came trying to tell me how good she was trying to get me to get a carazone shot which I have told them I can't take I have a bad reaction to. She still tried to force on me. After not being seen by the doctor I ask the office manager what was they running a zoo her words where the see crack patients that ask for more drugs and by law they are suppose to talk to them that way . I ask for my copay back which was just $20.00 and they threat to call the cops to have me locked up instead I called. My insurance was called and stated this company can't bill me. FIRST AND LAST TIME!!! I will be sueing as well as exsposing them to the news. This isn't the last they have heard of me . This is like a drug pusher with md behind her name.

Apr 11th, 2013

Dr. Platon Platon saved my life. I had back pain for weeks and tried different medications prescribed by my family doctor. Nothing helped. That's when I went to see Dr. Platon. Her staff was very friendly and helpful. Dr. Platon recommended injections and I felt better after the very first session. I am pain free now thanks to Dr. Platon.

|  Worse Doctor ever!  |  show details
Apr 2nd, 2013

She has the worse bedside manner, instead of seeing you at your appointment time, she makes you come in early to have you waiting for three to four hours, and patients with kids like myself, should not have to wait to be seen, and make arrangements to pick my kids up from school because she takes so long, and her staff is so uncourteous, I had an issue, and the girl that is supposed to be the office manager was so unprofessional, and did not look like anything that I would want to run my practice. The doctor comes in the room and doesn't answer any of your questions, told me to go to the front desk and the girl at the check out window said that she wanted me to come back in two weeks for an injection and did not even tell me what it was for, what it does or nothing, doesn't care about her patients at all. She talked to the girl at the check out window today like she was a child, and that's not the first time she has done that since I have been seeing her, she talks to them like they are ignorant and beneath her! I requested my records to be sent somewhere else, I will never refer anyone to her, she is horrible and she lets you leave not answering any questions. Dumb, the whole office!

|  Better than what I've been to.  |  show details
Mar 25th, 2013

First, there are no assistants to see, you will see your doctor. I don't like seeing a dosen assistants or nurses and never being able to see my doctor. As for treatment, my back hasn't felt this good in a very long time. Thank you Dr Platon!

|  Love Her  |  show details
by James Mills on Mar 25th, 2013

Dr. Platon for one is a female doctor- I swore she would be male by the name! Silly me. She was warming, energetic, and straight to the point. Although I waited a total time of two hours (which the staff pre warned me based on my treatment). I received a steroid injection along with future treatment injections. I am happy with my choice and will continue treatment

Oct 2nd, 2012

In my opinion,Dr. Platon and Dr. Silberman are a great team. I have been a patient between the two doctors for about 4 months now. As to date I have not had any issues... I cannot believe some of the harsh statements made about such a great practice; but to each his own. Dr. Platon has a great personality. She is very busy therefore very quick but I do not see the need to be in a doctors room for two hours asking questions I already know the answer too-some people are just attention seekers. Dr. Silberman is calm natured while Dr. Platon is quick-Great balance if you ask me. Despite the comments made I will remain a patient at the pain specialist... As for what I can see (I am not there everyday) all patients are seen with equal time and personality. No complaint from this direction.

Aug 1st, 2012

The worst experience ever with a doctor my new doctor charges have the price and did more for me in 2 days then this quack did in 4 months

|  STAY AWAY HORRIBLE!!!!  |  show details
Jul 24th, 2012

The doctor was unprofessional and VERY MEAN! The staff was HORRIFIED of her! No HELP at all for me and many others and charged my insurance six thousand dollars for nothing! She WILL NOT last long in that business with her AWFUL attitude! She will have needles in you back and neck so fast you won't even understand what just happened, trust me STAY AWAY PLEASE!!!!And a 5 hour wait also!!!!!

|  horror  |  show details
Jun 13th, 2012

the front office staff is unprofessional and rude. The women 'fran'(the office manager) resorted to name calling and treats everyone as if they are a pill popping drug addicted.I started seeing another doctor and wanted my records faxed. after many attempts from my new doctor and release of records sent, this women flat out tolled me no, out of meanness! I can never get a return phone call from anyone. this place is a nightmare and its only a matter of time, they have real serious issue's. the wait time is insane and do not expect to get treated like a individual but like a crack head, from the front staff!

|  I've had 5 days with out a migraine!  |  show details
Apr 23rd, 2012

Being a migraine sufferer for 20 years, I have seen several other specialists in this area. I have never seen another physician, of any kind, who consistently stays on top of the research in the field. It is amazing the amount of individualized care and treatment that Dr. Platon provides.

|  WONDERFUL!!!!!!!  |  show details
Apr 23rd, 2012

My experience was wonderful. She accurately diagnosed me quickly; appointments were fast, and she definitely has the training and knows what she is doing. What I loved about Dr. Platon is that she also has a wonderful bedside manner, and is very down-to-earth. All the staff at Henry Medical center told me they liked her when they found out who my doctor was. I have trigeminal neuralgia and I couldn't be more pleased in how her and her staff treated me and worked with my fears.

|  Excellent Patient Centered Experience  |  show details
Apr 9th, 2012

Dr. Platon's office is always crowded. When you are with her you feel as you are the most important patient she has. She is also very thorough, considerate, and caring. She takes the time to get to know you and to explore all avenues of your pain issues. I would recommend her to anyone who needs a comprehensive, superior care.

|  Nice Dr. Be prepared to wait half the day!  |  show details
Apr 5th, 2012

Dr.Platon has helped me with my issues, the only complaints is the wait time, and what channel their tv is set on. It was very disturbingpsee episodes of the "the doctors" and of course their discussion was about different sexual position and male imp.problems. I don't know if any one felt weird, I sure did.

|  THE BEST  |  show details
Mar 28th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr Platons for years and I have been waiting for years to see her because she is that good. I HAVE NEVER WAITED THAT LONG!!!!! I have fallowed her from EMORY were I have got my morphine pump. I drive 1.5 hours to see her every month. It is obvious that there is some one out there watching and trying to ruin her reputation. The comment just left previously makes it all clear and it should. If she was not that good her waiting room would not be that filed every day. So whom ever is trying to sabotage her reputation is obvious, perhaps a DISGRUNTAL EMPLOYEE which I also had or perhaps a practice that is not doing so well. All of you out there!!!! Leave her aloneShe is the best physician that I ever had and I need her. She is kind and an excellent person as well as a great physician.

|  Dr Platon is a nice enough Doctor but  |  show details
Mar 25th, 2012

Clearly is an injection mill. She only has one procedure room yet has every chair in the waiting room filled. This is at least 30 chairs. She has clearly purchased an outfit to cleanup her online reputation as evidenced by the myriad of solid 4's which I know is simply not possible given the nature of pain medicine. She is going to upset SOME people, there are going to be SOME holes in delivery of service, and I have sat in her waiting room and have been stuck in her office for 4 hours. Its completely disrespectful to make pain patients have to sit around like that and I have never ever been to any other physician's practice that does this.

|  She really knows her stuff..........  |  show details
Mar 23rd, 2012

I came in barely able to walk, using cruthches, she gave me my life back.....Thanks Dr. P

|  PAIN FREE!! THANKS TO DR. PLATON  |  show details
Mar 14th, 2012

I had a severe back pain due to an injury, so severe that at one point had a hard time walking. I called Dr. Platon's office because I heard great things about her from other patients. I explained that I was in a lot of pain and they made me an appiontment same day. Dr. Platon listened to all my symptoms. She was very caring and comforting. I told her I needed to get back to work and I have 2 small children,and the pain was keeping me from daily functioning. She gave me 2 injections that day and I start feeling better immediatly. Next day, I was PAIN FREE!!!! I dont know what I would do without Dr. Platon. She is the best doctor any patient can hope for.

|  Exceptional medical care from Dr. Platon  |  show details
Feb 28th, 2012

I had and amazing experience with Dr. Platon when I hurt my back. I was in so much pain, I could not walk. I called the office and I was seen the same day.The office staff was very polite and friendly. Dr. Platon was extremely caring and the injections she gave me, took my back pain away the same day. Dr. Platon is an incredible physician andthanks to her I was able to return to my normal life.

|  Miracle Worker!!!!  |  show details
Feb 19th, 2012

I have been dealing with chronic back pain for years as a result of spinal stenosis in my lumbar spine. Most doctors I have gone to for this problem have only wanted to put me on narcotic pain medications and send me on my way. I grew tired of relying just on medication and wanted to see if there was another option. I had heard great things about Dr. Platon from a friend and decided to giver her a try. BEST DECISION OF MY LIFE!!!! She gave me a series of epidural injections. I will admit I was hurting a bit at first but then I gained relief. Since my appointments with her I have been able to get out in my garden and play with my grandson. I feel like a new woman! She is a miracle worker and I would recommend her to any and everyone!

|  She is the best ever...  |  show details
Feb 13th, 2012

My experience at the pain specialist was great the wait was not long at all dr.platon, was the sweetest dr. ever. Came in hurting left out pain free

|  Best service I've had from a doctor in a long time,  |  show details
Feb 12th, 2012

Dr. Ana Maria Platon doctors office gave me the best service I've had from a doctor in a long time! The front office staff was very professional and gave warmful greetings. The wait was not long at all. I was seen at my actual appointment time. Dr. Platon took her time with me during the procedure. I came in pain and the procedure had me feeling better than I have felt in a long time. I've never been able to manage my pain so well. Dr. Platon gave very good advice and she knows her work well. I haven't been to a better doctor yet, and I'm more than thankful for her wisdom and most of all her patience with me is incredible. Best service in a long time! :)

Feb 12th, 2012

Dr. Platon was very warming and caring. She listened and gave me direct and helpful answers to all my questions. The office staff was more than pleasant and very quick and professional.

|  Satisfied patient  |  show details
Feb 10th, 2012

Dr. platon is the best doctor I have ever been to. She cares how you feel, and really knows her profession. Diagnosed my problem and recommended a treatment plan that has given me my life back.

Feb 9th, 2012

When I first came to see Dr Platon, I had terrible back pain. I didn't understand what my other doctors where said my problem was. My first visit she offered me injections to help my pain. I was a little afraid at first but am glad that I did it. Now my back feels so much better. She really knows what she is doing and her staff was wonderful.

|  Highly Recommend Dr. Platon  |  show details
Feb 8th, 2012

Dr. Platon has a great bedside manner, I did not need to wait long for my appointment, she understands my needs and checks up on me often. Her staff is always a cheerful group and ready to help out when needed.

Jan 30th, 2012

I went to her for neck pain , on my first appointment she did an exam,she did not even explain what type of injection she was going to give me. She put me on a table face down and proceeded to inject my neck, and the pain was excruciating when she removed the needles she said are you experiencing any pain I said yes the pain was like 4 times worst than when I walked in the door she said no way.So she gave me a script and I left.When I got home I was in so much I could not stand it. So I called after hours and she called me back and she said she could not do anything for me. I would not take my dog to her talk about not caring about her patients.She had no bed side manner at all.

Nov 16th, 2011

Dr. Platon is very concerned about providing the best pain relief possible so that a person can return to normal activities as soon as possible. I'm now doing things I couldn't even consider a couple of years ago. I greatly appreciate her skill and dedication.

Nov 14th, 2011

I had an appt. with Dr. Platon on 11/4 at 11:45. I did not leave the office until 4:05. The waiting was ridicuous. While I was there, Dr. Platon fired an employee. The employee was yelling,and cursing and ended up shoving the doctor. The police were called and it seemed like that was all anyone could talk about which I kept hearing through the door where I was waiting. Dr. Platon herself did a procedure on me. This was my first visit. I was face down when she came into the room. She did not introduce herself to me, appologize for the wait or talk to me about the procedure. By the time I got home, I was in more pain then when I started. This was a Friday. They have no after hours number if you have a problem. I called first thing Monday morning to follow up and was put to the nursing line. I left a message. My call was not returned until Friday evening 11/11. The whole practice is laughable. They pack so many patients in and are not prepared to be very helpful. I will not return as a patient. I would never recommend this dr. to anyone.

Nov 7th, 2011

How about this doctor wrist fighting with her employees,cops were called cussing, all while patients sat in the waiting room....she is a real whack-O.Then cry when she realize she fired all of her staff, crying so much had to cancel her patients for the rest ofthe day....Somthing is seriously wrong with her. I would not trust her with a needle in her hand going into my back. Go else where.....She is a real piece of work.

|  Are you Kidding me?  |  show details
Apr 19th, 2011

I was referred to this physican and was THRILLED they could work me in the same day as I was already out sick from work. I told them repeatedly I needed to leave at a certain time and we made the appointment with "more than enough time". I arrived at 1:30 for a 2:00 appointment and had to walk out without receiving treatment at 4:00pm. DO NOT waste your time by going to this clinic. It is a scam. Treatments were not discussed, all they wanted was to give me the super expensive shot that is NOT what my physician was referring me to them for. The "physician" never even discussed what my main purpose was in coming to her. Pretty sad

|  A Doctor Who Really Cares  |  show details
by Benzbrat on Mar 26th, 2011

Dr. Platon saved my life! When every other doctor in town more or less gave up on my condition, Dr Platon stepped up to the plate and gave me back a quality of life I never though I would have again. She is caring and she knows her stuff. I highly recommend her!

|  She's the Best !!  |  show details
by Ralph & Julie Owen on Dec 6th, 2009

My husband and I both use Dr. Platon and we think that she is the best. She's carig and follows up on her patients. We wouldn't think of using another Docotr.

|  Horrible Wait-Times, Bedside Manner, and Professionalism! Don't Go to Her!!  |  show details
Jul 31st, 2009

I had the worst possible experience with this physician. Her and her staff were rude and uncaring.

|  Dr Platon refused to listen to my concerns and abruptly discontinued medication  |  show details
by Lisa J Gillotte on Oct 19th, 2008

I have been a pain management patient for over 15 years. Dr. Platon failed to send for and review my previous treatment records, she refused to listen to my concerns regarding treatment, and when my husband and I attempted to talk to her regarding my care she became defensive, refused to discuss my treatment with us, and abruptly discontinued medication I had been taking for over 10 years allowing me to suffer horribly and needlessly! She is completely unethical and her conduct regarding this matter will not only be reported to the American Medical Association but we will also be contacting the media to warn others of her cruel practices!

|  worse wait time ever  |  show details
Sep 4th, 2008

Typical wait times well over an hour - have been there TWO hours waiting. Terrible experience with this doctor - just doesn't seem very knowledgeable.