Dr. Anabel Lucanie MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 17th, 2015
Beware of billing practices!!!
Beware the billing practices of this office. I went to the office for a well visit which is covered 100% by my insurance company. At the time of scheduling the appt, at the time of confirming the appt, when I was in the exam room with the nurse for vitals, etc, and finally when I was with doctor herself I let every person know along the way that I was there for a well visit and did not want ANY procedures or tests done that were not covered under my plan for a well visit. I declined a hearing test, an EKG, etc. for fear that it would not be considered part of the well visit. I made sure my blood was drawn the same day and urinalysis as well because my plan requires them to all be done on the same day. In other words, I did my homework and was an informed patient and consumer. Well, lo and behold , I get a bill that states IN ADDITION TO THE WELL VISIT I WAS CHARGED THE SAME EXACT DAY FOR AN OFFICE VISIT FOR AN ADDITIONAL $130.00.!!! When I spoke with the billing dept. at Dr. Lucaine's office , Barbara stated that it was because prescriptions were written and a referral was made to another doctor. I was shocked. I am 49 years old and have been seeing an internist for over half of my lifetime and never once has this happened. These people are underhanded. Everyone smiles and nods their heads as you express your concerns and not one of the 4 people I spoke with uttered one word to me about any possible additional charges at any time. They are deceitful. I asked to speak directly to the doctor to let her know why I was not keeping my appt. with her thinking she might actually care but the front desk person gleefully told me she would not interrupt the doctor for me even though I was requesting to speak with her at the exact time my appt. was supposed to be taking place. I then learned that doctor had 3, yes,3, patients scheduled at 5pm which was my appt time. Whether the doctor herself knows what is going on in her practice and condones and encourages it I do not know but these things usually start at the top so I have a feeling she is quite aware and doesn't care. It is clearly all about the money here and not the patients well being.

September 4th, 2014
I have been to see Dr. Annabel Lucaine several times and have waited over an hour every time. I try to get the first appointments but they are never available. Today I am here for an appointment 2 hours after she started taking appointments. I do not know how she is so off track after only two hours.

May 2nd, 2013
Good doctor, office staff leaves a lot to be desired
I have been seeing Dr. Lucanie for some time, and have appreciated her communication skills in particular. Recently she delegates followup calls to her office staff, which has not worked for me at all. They don't listen, get messages wrong, and you can wait days for a callback. A shame.

November 20th, 2012
DR IS VERY CARING SPENDS TIME WITH PATIENT. OVERALL GREAT EXPERIENCE

August 31st, 2012
Exceptional people skills
Dr. Anabel Lucanie is exceptional in the way she interacts with her patients. I was referred by a friend and am grateful to have found a doctor who is professional yet caring during each office visit.

August 1st, 2008
She is one of the best doctor in Mahwah/Ramsey.