A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Anand Viswanathan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Anand Viswanathan, MD, PHD is board certified in Neurology and Vascular Neurology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Brain Infarction
- CADASIL (Cerebral Autosomal Dominant Arteriopathy)
- Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy
- Cognition Disorders
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage (Bleeding In The Brain)
- Memory Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Viswanathan graduated from Emory University , Atlanta.
Dr. Viswanathan has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Nashoba Valley Medical Center
- Charlton Memorial Hospital Site of Southcoast Hospitals Group Inc
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Viswanathan accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Tufts Health Plans - 7 plans
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 17 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 4 plans
- Unicare - 10 plans
- Network Health - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 1 plan
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans