Internists, Rheumatologist
Queens Long Island Medical Grp
640 Hawkins Ave
Ronkonkoma, NY 11779
631-737-0100
Locations and availability (6)

|  show details
Jun 11th, 2012

I see Dr Modi for rheumatoid arthritis. I have been suffering from RA for many years and had been seeing another rheumatologist before. I felt that with my previous rheumatologist I was not getting anywhere. My friend who had been seeing Dr Modi for years, who she absolutely raved about, recommended him to me and now I know why. Dr Modi is kind, compassionate and an excellent doctor. He explained my condition in simple terms and I learned more about my condition in those 40 minutes than in 2 years with my previous rheumatologist. He offered me other treatment options and now I am thrilled to say that my joint pain and stiffness are much, much better. Seeing Dr Modi was one of the best things I did for my arthritis. I have since recommended few of my friends and family members to him. They are all very happy as well. He has a great bed side manner, charming personality and is very knowledgeable. The only one complaint I have, if any, is that he does have a long wait time to get an appointment. It took me 6 weeks to get in to see him for a consult. However, once I saw him I knew exactly why. Sometimes, great doctors have long wait times because everyone wants to see them !

|  worst doctor!!!  |  show details
Feb 1st, 2012

I am still in shock after my visit today about how uninterested this doctor was in seeing me as a new patient today! I left the office hysterical. He was not interested in what I was trying to explain as far as my symptoms are concerned. I brought my MRI and Xrays from previous doctors with me along with a detailed list of symptoms I have been having over the past 2 months that I was waiting for this appointment! This doctor told me that he doesnt treat neck and back issues, that is not what rhumetologists do. HOWEVER this is not the only reason I was in to see him and he was no at all compassionate about trying to find the root of my problem. He offered to write me a prescription if I wanted pills... ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? I dont want drugs! I want to know why certain things are happening to me!!! Does a rhumetologist diagnose anything that would have symptoms that come and go?? And the final comment he made to me was, "Well IF YOU WANT us to maybe do bloodwork we can but you dont have a rash, like lupus patients would and you dont appear to have any swelling." I declined anything from this man! How dare he offer to run a blood test if I WANT not because his job is to find out what is causing my problems! I am just in shock over this visit and after having to wait months to get in to see him, it just was an aweful experience.

|  The Best!  |  show details
Jun 15th, 2011

Dr Modi is fantastic. He's warm and caring and REALLY listens. He takes his time and he explains things to you and will discuss your options and answers any questions you have in a way you can understand. The whole staff there are kind, concerned and professional.

|  pleased patient  |  show details
by a very happy patient on Mar 26th, 2011

I have been seeing Dr Anang Modi for over 4 years for my rheumatoid arthritis. I had seen several other rheumatololgists in the area but then due to job change, my insurance changed and I had to switch rheumatologists. Little did I know at that time this was a blessing since it led me to Dr Modi. He is very caring, knowledgeable and friendly. He also has a very calming personality and is by far the best at giving shots. He treats his patients like family. I have recommended many of my family and friends to Dr Modi and they are also very pleased.

|  grateful patient  |  show details
by a very grateful patient on Feb 11th, 2010

Dr Modi is an excellent rheumatologist. He is caring, professional and very knowledgeable. I had been to several other rheumatologists in the past including academic institutions but nobody was as complete and thorough as Dr Modi. He spends a lot of time with his patients and has an excellent, calming bedside manner. He is a keeper ! Would strongly recommend him to any one of my family members or friends.

|  PATIENT  |  show details
Dec 18th, 2008

EXCELLENT PHYSICIAN, VERY KNOWLEDGEABE, PROFESSIONAL AND COURTEOUS. SPENT TIME EXPLAINING MY CONDITION AND TREATMENT PLAN THOROUGHLY. WOULD STRONGLY RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE.