A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Anantha Rao:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Anantha Rao is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Rao
Obesity Patient Education Our obesity patient education guide explains causes, diagnosis and treatments for obseity and how to lose weight.Before Visiting Dr. Rao Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Anantha Rao, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Rao graduated from Bangalore Medical College. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Rao has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Washington County Hospital - Hagerstown
- Southern Maryland Hosp
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Anantha K Rao MD is a male Internist, has 38 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cardiology.
- Where does Dr. Anantha K. Rao practice?
- Dr. Anantha Rao has 1 office location.
Dr. Anantha Rao practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cardiology near Hyattsville, MD.
See Hyattsville Internists and Hyattsville Cardiologists.