Hematology Specialist, Oncology Specialist (cancer)
Video profile

Dishonest, misleading, lacking compassion show details Dishonest, misleading, lacking compassion
by Anissa K. Montgomery on Dec 14th, 2013

Dr. Al-Janadi treated my mom from April 2012-July 2013 for Stage 4 Bladder Cancer. I found him to be very dishonest and misleading. He made my mom and our family feel like she was 100% and that she would beat her cancer. We later found he tells every single patient the same thing. Maybe this is normal practice amongst oncologists, but it sure is not the right thing to do. My mom was admitted to the hospital on July 14 for hypercalcemia. For being one of his "favorite" patients and knowing how much my mom thought of him, he never once stepped foot in her room the 3 weeks she lay dying in the hospital... a mere elevator ride up from his office. He blatantly lied to my dad and sister about my mom's prognosis. He said she would spring back and be ready for more chemo. My mom died within 4 days of us taking her home. To me, that is not a person who will be fine. My sister asked Dr. Al-Janadi to please tell her everything if he felt he couldn't tell my dad. He failed to do this. If this doctor was just honest with us from the get go, maybe my mom wouldn't have suffered in the hospital for 3 weeks. Maybe we could have brought her home to enjoy her last days as much as possible. Maybe she wouldn't have been so scared then. Maybe he and his staff could have used a little human decency and compassion with the health of our wife, mom, and grandma. I cannot in good faith ever recommend Dr. Al-Janadi, his staff, or McLaren hospital. U of M will be our only choice in the future. It's just sad we didn't choose U of M initially. Dr. Al-Janadi is so charming and misleading, he makes it easy for cancer patients and their families to choose his practice during their darkest moments.

Dr. Al-Janadi is a caring and amazing doctor! show details Dr. Al-Janadi is a caring and amazing doctor!
Nov 2nd, 2010

Dr. Al-Janadi treated our father in Las Vegas as part of the VA Clinic. There are not enough good and positive adjectives that can describe Dr. Al-Janadi and his care for our father and us. He personally called when you leave a message and he talked to the whole family when we went in to discuss our fathers care. Michigan is lucky to have such an amazing doctor in their state.