Orthopaedic Spine Surgeon

|  show details
by Janice Campbell on Sep 16th, 2014

Thank you Dr. Teng for giving me a pain free life. It is so wonderful to be able to walk without pain.Dr. Teng will listen to you, answer your questions, will not rush into surgery but if surgery is needed he is an excellent compassionate surgeon.

|  Excellent spine doctor  |  show details
by M.J. on Mar 15th, 2014

I had spine surgery in 2007 and after my surgery I had continued back pain and severe pain shooting down my leg. I was crippled. I could not walk. I saw two different neurosurgeons who told me they could not do anything for me. I spent 3 years in total pain and could not work or live life. My family doctor sent me to Dr. Teng and he saw what could be causing my problems, gave no promises but was willing to try to help me get my pain down. I told him even if I could get my pain down 50% I would be happy. After surgery my leg pain was gone and my back pain was better,. I am so thankful. Dr. Teng gave me my life back! I am so thankful!

|  show details
Mar 14th, 2014

Great doctor! I've seen other spinal doctors and they never examined me and half the time I see an assistant or nurse. My first visit was an hour and a half and dr teng explained so much.

|  2nd Back Surgery  |  show details
by Heather Clark on Sep 28th, 2013

In 2006 I had my spine L5 & S1 fused by another orthopedic surgeon. After only 4 years I was dealing with severe back & leg pain. I was referred to a pain clinic where I underwent several epidural injections and medial lumbar branch blocks. During one of these procedures the DR at the pain clinic ended up doing a cordizone injection where he hit my nerve and caused extreme pain to my left leg. I went to another pain clinic and ended up being put on strong pain medication as well as a high dose of Lyrica. I suffered for over 2 years, taking pain medication everyday just to go to work. After 2 years on pain medication, I begged my pain clinic to help me get off pain medication and persue another form of treatment. That is when I chose to undergo the spinal cord stimulator trial. After 8 days with the trial, I chose to proceed with the surgical implantation of the stimulator, it was my only hope. I was referred to Dr Teng by my pain clinic for the implantation. So I proceeded to get everything in order that I would need for the surgery. I was being extremely proactive with all of the requirements in order to speed up the process before my appt with Dr Teng. So I went to my appt with Dr Teng, I even had a representative from the spinal cord stimulator company there. Dr Teng comes into the room, looks at my extensive history and says "You are not a candidate for the stimulator" he said I had severe spinal stenosis and needed surgery to fix it. I was so upset and mad at Dr Teng. I was so upset that I had gone through all of the pre-surgical requirements and now he was refusing to do the surgery. Little did I know, that 1 year later after doing the surgery, my life has completely changed for the better. Dr Teng is so amazing at what he does. He knew exactly what needed to be done. His incision was extremely small compared to my first surgery. Not to mention that Dr Teng was by my side through the entire process. He did a remarkable job cleaning up the mess of scar tissue from my first surgery and fixed the problem of spinal stenosis. I am so grateful that Dr Teng fell into my path of treatment. I can not even imagine where I would be if I had not been referred to him. I am so thankful to Dr Teng and can't thank him enough for the treatment he provided me. So now 1 year and 1 month later, I feel amazing and I owe it all to Dr Teng and his extensive knowledge. I tell everyone about him and if anyone tells me they are suffering from back issues, I refer them to Dr Teng because I know he can help them just as he helped me. I thank Dr Teng and his staff. I owe him everything for changing my life and can't say enough about how much he saved my life from a history of pain medication and failed injections. Also I was completely off pain medication 3 months after surgery. Thank you so much Dr Teng & Connie!!! Bless you for your service to patients

|  Skilled and compassionate  |  show details
by Janice C on Jan 28th, 2013

Dr. Teng performed neck and back surgery on me in 2011 and 2012. Before the surgery, I could barely get around and was in quite a bit of pain. Dr. Teng explained the MRI, procedures, prognosis, and recuperation in detail and in a way that I could easily understand. Now, I am able to completely take care of myself, and I enjoy life again. I highly recommend Dr. Teng and his staff.

|  so happy to have been referred to dr teng!  |  show details
by margaret on Aug 1st, 2008

I had a spine doctor that passed away and i have avoided going to a doctor for 3 years. I was referred to dr teng by my joint surgeon and i am so happy to have found someone that is like my prior doctor. Dr teng spent so much time explaining things to me and used this plastic spine model to show me what was going on. He said he would watch me and take care of my spine for me and only suggest surgery only if it was really needed. He was so honest and sincere. I'm so happy I found someone like him!

|  Very educational, caring, honest  |  show details
by john s on Mar 22nd, 2008

I fell and hurt my back and one doctor I saw said I needed surgery. I saw Dr. Teng and he went over my x rays and spent almost 1 hour with me listening to me and telling me about my x rays and explained a lot about back pain. He told me that I would probably get better without surgery and could watch me with a conservative approach with medication and therapy. He was right. I'm glad I waited and didn't rush into risky surgery like the other doctor wanted. It's refreshing to find a surgeon that listened to me and took his time evaluating me and explaining things to me instead of wanting to operate right away.