Dr. Andre Panagos, MD
Physiatrist, Pain Medicine, Sports Medicine

Best Ortho around show details Best Ortho around
by JMF on Jul 30th, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Panagos for several years. Both my knees are shot and he has been helping with the pain. He has several new procedures to avoid surgery which is great. He truly knows what he is talking about and thinks outside the box. I have total faith in him and have recommended him to everyone I know. He is a great doctor.

Not a miracle cure, but a solid success show details Not a miracle cure, but a solid success
by Cliff Conner on Jul 27th, 2015

Dr. Panagos has been helping me deal with back pain resulting from scoliosis since March 2009. When I first went to see him I could barely walk one city block (a twentieth of a mile) without sharp pain. It got so bad that at one point I seriously investigated the possibility of buying a mobility scooter in order to get around. In early 2011, I sought out the opinions of three prominent Manhattan spine surgeons. The immense disparity in their proposals (ranging from minimally invasive procedures to full spinal reconstruction) left me confused. Meanwhile Dr. Panagos had been giving me nonsurgical treatment in the form of epidural injections, which eased my pain and began to increase the distance I could walk. I showed him the three surgeons’ disparate opinions and asked for his guidance. He said he thought my progress without surgery had been steady and that I should consider avoiding surgery as long as my back continued to improve. I am glad I followed that advice. About a year and a half ago (well after the brief course of epidural injections had ceased) I reached the point where I could walk a mile or two with only mild discomfort. This has not been a “medical miracle”—my back is still weak and my walking range is not unlimited—but I nonetheless count the progress I have made a great success, and I attribute it to Dr. Panagos’s treatment.

by Dr. Panagos' real patient on Apr 14th, 2015

He is the most kind, thorough, considerate, intelligent doc!!!

Superb experience show details Superb experience
Feb 21st, 2015

Amazing first visit. I was blown away by his observations which were so far beyond any doctor I have been to see. Amazing bedside manner. Out of box thinker. I feel optimistic and hopeful to have found Dr. Pangalos. I feel in great hands

Dream Doc show details Dream Doc
by Christina M. on May 31st, 2013

To call Dr. Panagos exceptional seems to be a dramatic understatement. Brilliant, realistic, and possessing a bedside manner that is bar none: Dr. Panagos held my hand through a series of epidurals due to a herniated disk. His skill for pain management was able to buoy me through a difficult international job and upon my return, he talked me through the decision to have surgery. Never was I rushed through any of my numerous appointment, but rather, every question was answered with attention and kindness. I would refer anyone to Dr. Panagos with a vote of confidence and with my warmest regards!

Wonderful show details Wonderful
Oct 16th, 2012

I had been to 2 other Physiatrists before Dr Panagos. He truly listens, is patient, does not rush you and answers you questions/concerns. I recommend Dr Panagos without hesitation.

Best Doctor rating show details Best Doctor rating
Dec 24th, 2011

Dr. Panagos took extreme care for my condition on many occasions. He was also instrumental in enabling me too make a trip to France for our Daughters birthday. I was in excruciating back pain and he gave me the formula to be able to sustain myself for a week during that time. He did all of this OUTSIDE of his office time, from his home during the evening. That is my kind of a caring Doctor. O. Yelin

Knowledgeable caring show details Knowledgeable caring
Apr 20th, 2011

Thorough kind excellent bedside manner

A doctor who will listen to you show details A doctor who will listen to you
by happy cervical disk hernian on Aug 24th, 2010

I thought he was one of the most pleasant doctors I have met in recent years. The receptionist man was very polite. The whole experience was something I did not expect in NYC. I would definitely recommend Dr. Panagos to family and friends.

Mar 17th, 2009

Dr. Panagos is a phenomenal physician.