Dr. Andrea Ashby Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Andrea Ashby?

Binge Eating Disorder

Have you seen Dr. Andrea Ashby?

• Good

Horrible! Beware!

Horrible

March 18th, 2015

Terrible, terrible Doc

This doctor was a miserably experience from beginning to end. Avoid this woman if you have any sense of thinking for yourself, or even if you want to discuss treatments options. She wants you to treat her as God, and you are her lowly dominion. She managed to find a mini-version of herself as her front desk person. This young woman spewed out attitude and condescension as artfully as Ashby. Fact is, Western Medicine is a "treatment" model not a healing model. Seems to me that Ashby should just accept this instead of letting arrogance blind her to the fact that she is not a healer. In fact, she was detrimental to my health because she let her personal feelings affect her care for me. Avoid her and preserve some of your life quality.

September 25th, 2014

Terrible, terrible Doc

This woman is rude, she yells at you for questioning anything. She is late (sometimes 45+ minutes late, she wasn't even in the office. When she arrived, she spent five minutes laughing with her secretary about her outfit before coming in to see me). Complete disrespect. She gave me several meds that made me worse, she refused to change my thyroid med from Armour (I was allergic and having major flare ups with my Hashimoto's) to Naturethroid. Finally found a fabulous Endo (which she told me not to go see) that allows me to adjust my meds according to my symptoms. This woman is a piece of work. The kind that can dish it out but not take it. She even screens what patients she will take on. Probably to see if they won't disagree with her. Go elsewhere. You've been warned.

December 23rd, 2013

Three generations

Dr. Ashby has treated three generations of our family. Myself, my husband, his mother and our children have all been seen by Dr. Ashby. She takes her time with each patient and focuses on the whole patient. Diet, exercise, family history and medical needs. We strongly recommend Dr. Ashby.

June 15th, 2013

Doctor had rude and arrogant bedside manner. She was extremely late each time I visited. Unbelievable verbal rudeness and disregard. She ordered tests without my consent and knowledge for services not covered by my insurance, and now I'm stuck with a bill for over a thousand dollars. Even her own staff was perplexed as to why she utilized testing facilities and services they weren't familiar with...very strange, indeed. Now I have to go through the major hassle of fighting the insurance carrier to cover these bills. The doctor could care less and rudely dismissed my questions about my bill.

November 26th, 2012

She is an acquired taste. I get on with her very well but she can be very brusque and blunt, which I know some people find hard to take. She does not take kindly to being questionned or contradicted and is extremely intelligent so doesn't suffer fools gladly. She has a great sense of humor. Being a one-woman show can make her availability limited and she is yet to come into the 21st century vis a vis email, computerized records etc.

August 16th, 2012

Great doc. Solves problems.

Dr. Ashbey is a great family doc to me. After years of struggling with (unknown to me) thyroid problems, she was able to help me with a single perscription. She uses very advanved blood labs. She has an opionated attitude alright, but that's ok, I can handle it. She seems to have trouble keeping her staff for whatever reason which is sometimes annoying, but it has been never an issue that a phone call cannot solve.

August 4th, 2012

Caring knowledgable intelligent doctor

I was misdiagnosed for years with a condition that only required one maintenance prescription drug. I improved instantly and ever since Dr Ashby is on the lookout for me.

June 7th, 2012

Profile is not true and billing practices are terrible

We picked Dr. Asbhy because her profile says she speaks French and that is my husbands primary language. When I mentioned that on my first visit she admitted she doesn't speak fluid French so it would not help during an appointment. You should not be able to list a language on your professional profile if you can not use it professionally.Also every single time there has been billing issues because things are not listed correctly. I even had to explain to the receptionist what "preventative" meant.Also the doctor perscribed a drug one time and the next time I went in it was not even listed in my chart anywhere.Bad organization and misleading information. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

November 7th, 2011

The worst family doctor

Dr. Ashby used to be a brain surgeon ...so ask yourself,,why is she in family practice ?She has as much compassion, as a SLUG!She never calls personally with your tests results...she has the office help do it...she is SO PATHETIC!!!!!! Do yourself a favor and go else ware!

November 7th, 2011

Does not listen....

I have gone to dr. Ashby for almost two yrs...she never can get the diagnosis right..she is rude, abusive and smug..I can happily say she is no longer my doctor....my family thinks she dangerous...

July 3rd, 2009

She actually listened

After years of hoping from doctor to doctor trying to find one who really listened to my problems, I found one. I'm sure the multiple issues I have had to be intimidating but she spent an hour listening and questioning and is willing to start helping me get my life back. The first doctor I have found who agrees wih me that a long ago poor decision to have weight loss surgery is probably behind most of my ills. I am so looking forward to working with her.