Family Physicians
925 Village Ctr
Ste 6
Lafayette, CA 94549
925-283-1210
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Three generations  |  show details
by Sherri B. on Dec 23rd, 2013

Dr. Ashby has treated three generations of our family. Myself, my husband, his mother and our children have all been seen by Dr. Ashby. She takes her time with each patient and focuses on the whole patient. Diet, exercise, family history and medical needs. We strongly recommend Dr. Ashby.

|  show details
Jun 15th, 2013

Doctor had rude and arrogant bedside manner. She was extremely late each time I visited. Unbelievable verbal rudeness and disregard. She ordered tests without my consent and knowledge for services not covered by my insurance, and now I'm stuck with a bill for over a thousand dollars. Even her own staff was perplexed as to why she utilized testing facilities and services they weren't familiar with...very strange, indeed. Now I have to go through the major hassle of fighting the insurance carrier to cover these bills. The doctor could care less and rudely dismissed my questions about my bill.

|  show details
Nov 26th, 2012

She is an acquired taste. I get on with her very well but she can be very brusque and blunt, which I know some people find hard to take. She does not take kindly to being questionned or contradicted and is extremely intelligent so doesn't suffer fools gladly. She has a great sense of humor. Being a one-woman show can make her availability limited and she is yet to come into the 21st century vis a vis email, computerized records etc.

|  Great doc. Solves problems.  |  show details
by Happy Camper on Aug 16th, 2012

Dr. Ashbey is a great family doc to me. After years of struggling with (unknown to me) thyroid problems, she was able to help me with a single perscription. She uses very advanved blood labs. She has an opionated attitude alright, but that's ok, I can handle it. She seems to have trouble keeping her staff for whatever reason which is sometimes annoying, but it has been never an issue that a phone call cannot solve.

|  Caring knowledgable intelligent doctor  |  show details
Aug 3rd, 2012

I was misdiagnosed for years with a condition that only required one maintenance prescription drug. I improved instantly and ever since Dr Ashby is on the lookout for me.

|  Profile is not true and billing practices are terrible  |  show details
Jun 7th, 2012

We picked Dr. Asbhy because her profile says she speaks French and that is my husbands primary language. When I mentioned that on my first visit she admitted she doesn't speak fluid French so it would not help during an appointment. You should not be able to list a language on your professional profile if you can not use it professionally.Also every single time there has been billing issues because things are not listed correctly. I even had to explain to the receptionist what "preventative" meant.Also the doctor perscribed a drug one time and the next time I went in it was not even listed in my chart anywhere.Bad organization and misleading information. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

|  The worst family doctor  |  show details
Nov 7th, 2011

Dr. Ashby used to be a brain surgeon ...so ask yourself,,why is she in family practice ?She has as much compassion, as a SLUG!She never calls personally with your tests results...she has the office help do it...she is SO PATHETIC!!!!!! Do yourself a favor and go else ware!

|  Does not listen....  |  show details
Nov 7th, 2011

I have gone to dr. Ashby for almost two yrs...she never can get the diagnosis right..she is rude, abusive and smug..I can happily say she is no longer my doctor....my family thinks she dangerous...

|  She actually listened  |  show details
Jul 2nd, 2009

After years of hoping from doctor to doctor trying to find one who really listened to my problems, I found one. I'm sure the multiple issues I have had to be intimidating but she spent an hour listening and questioning and is willing to start helping me get my life back. The first doctor I have found who agrees wih me that a long ago poor decision to have weight loss surgery is probably behind most of my ills. I am so looking forward to working with her.