Dr. Andrea Burgess MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 7th, 2016
Good experience
I had a consultation with Dr Burgess about my hormones; I am perimenopausal; I was told up front that she was hormone specialist. It took a few weeks to get in, but I requested a late afternoon appt, so I wouldn't miss too much work. When I got there, I was told that I would have to give my credit card to be kept on file- which I did not like because so many healthcare facilities are being hacked, and I did not want my cc info available to them. Also, I had to fill out all my paperwork on a computer- it was a huge, heavy laptop. I also had to come in 45min early to fill it all out. I had to take off work to to do this. I could barely hold it up. Why not an iPad? She was very attentive at first appt. I had some lab work done; I did have to call a few times before I could get my results. It took 2 weeks. She called me back, gave me results and discussed my options. I really like her; she was very attentive; listened to me and answered all my questions. No rushing me. I did schedule to have hormone pellet therapy; I was not told until I called the day of my appointment, that my insurance would not cover pellet therapy. $350/ per insertion. I feel this should have been divulged in my phone conversation with her about treatment options. Or in the packet that was given to me at my first visit. I ended up having the pellet therapy because I believe in cutting edge medicine and had already done my research on BHRT. I had a good experience thus far.

January 14th, 2016
Never got back to me after my visit even though I have left numberous messages with the secretary. Not one phone call back!! I was to have pellet hormone replacement but after looking online, she's a gynecologist. I was to have seen someone that specializes in hormone replacement therapy. I guess they send you to anyone that is available. Women's Clinic, yeah right!! OB/GYN that's about it. $197 for a testosterone test, not the full blood workup at all!!

March 3rd, 2015
Nicest doctor ever!
I've had two surgeries with her and I wouldn't recommend anyone else. She's great at her job, professional and truly cares about her patients well being. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

July 18th, 2012
Nightmare in Surgery!
She seriously screwed up my surgery. I had to spend 6 weeks in the hospital trying to repair what she did to me. In fact, I still have to have another surgery to try repair what happened. She didn't even stay for the entire emergency operation, which another doctor did to try to repair what she screwed up.I have lost months of my life and am still recovering. I could have died from her negligence, if it had not been for the trauma surgeon who saved my life. I would strongly advise people to not use this woman!

January 19th, 2016