Dr. Andrea Capalbo Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Andrea Capalbo?

Posted on August 8th, 2016

really happy with the Doctor and staff

Good doctor, a bit short on time

Posted on July 23rd, 2013

Dr. Capalbo is compassionate and, I think, thorough. Her office runs extremely late. Also, and perhaps more importantly, she did not call with test results but instead sent them via USPS mail, and did not call to follow up. IMO, the personal touch is a nice-to-have -- the quality of her professional work is more important than how nicely she delivers the results -- but it would have been nice to hear results from the doctor herself, or even a nurse -- and not a printed letter.

A compassionate, approachable doctor

Posted on February 13th, 2013

Dr. Capalbo is a great doctor who is always available for questions. While office wait time is extensive, her checkup itself is efficient (but not brusque). I've been going to Dr. Capalbo for 3 years now, and plan to continue.

A visit will take two-three lunch breaks combined and a lot of patience

Posted on December 12th, 2011

I was supposed to be the very first patient one day at 9:45, but was told without apology that the doctor would be 45 minutes late. I take it in stride and wait. I get vital-checked in 45 minutes and am told to change as I will be the very first person the doctor sees. I wait there half-naked for another half-hour until 11 AM and I finally poke my head out and ask if the doctor is in at all and rightfully complain that I've been sitting there half naked for a half hour after waiting 45 minutes. She comes in, after a total wait time of an hour and twenty minutes, like nothing's wrong. She's always very nice but after over-an-hour wait, she should've been apologizing profusely. What took her that long to actually perform on me, I have no idea. I just know that it's unprofessional to have taken her sweet time like that. There went my whole morning. Also, I was told I would get a follow-up call with results within two weeks. After three weeks, I called for results myself and don't get actual results until two days later. I don't have such patience, especially considering the tardiness, outdated instruments, nonchalant staff and doctor. I will be going to another OBGYN for my upcoming paps.

Posted on March 15th, 2011

Dr. Capalbo is very nice, give you confidence. Is difficult to get a call back for results or talk with her. I don't know if is for the staff or the doctor. The office doesn't look clean and net.

Posted on January 26th, 2011

Dr. Capalbo was very warm and truly cared about me as a patient. I did not have to wait at all to see her.I was very pleased with my experience. I recommend her

Posted on November 22nd, 2010

Dr Capalbo was not thorough. I would not recommend her to anyone.

THE BEST GYNO AROUND

Posted on April 4th, 2010

Dr. Capalbo has been my Gyno for 20 years; she saved my life twice; she delivered my precious baby; she is a wonderful smart giving person and I recom ...

Nice doctor but terrible staff

Posted on July 11th, 2009

I agree with most of the above posts. Dr. Capalbo is a nice caring doctor but her wait time is a bit ridiculous as well as her staff ( Front desk mostly) who have a bit of an attitude problem. The african american girl should be happy she has a job in this economy and not seem annoyed when the patients approach the desk. I moved to NJ so I am no longer a patient

new patients - find someone else

Posted on May 29th, 2009

If you're a new patient, don't even bother with this Doctor. I'm sure she's nice as a person, but her office clearly does not have the capacity to take on any more patients. She canceled my 2nd appt, then on the rescheduled one her staff left me sitting in the exam room naked for 45 minutes, and the doctor was not even in the building yet. I will not be returning to Dr. Capalbo, and I would advise you to choose another doctor.

Very disappointed

Posted on October 8th, 2008

I have to say Dr. Capalbo as a person seems to be really nice, but as a doctor it leaves a lot to be desired. I think the main issue is the way her office is managed. She is overbooked, making the waiting time disastrous (over 45 min) and the actual doc- patient time minimal (10 min), leaving very little time to get any explanation of your current medical condition. Her office is really ugly and her equipment outdated, plus she outsources everything (labs, ultrasounds). All in all I was truly mesmerized to see she still has patients and she is still in business.

would not go back

Posted on August 14th, 2008

I was unhappy with Dr. Capalbo for a number of reasons. 1) I am used to my drs. wearing a white lab coat, looking very clean, and her appearance did not instill confidence in me. Plus the room I was in was somewhat dark, dingy, and had a huge water stain over the exam table. Didn't convey an appearance of cleanliness, which I prefer. 2) She insisted that I take either an STD or HIV test (can't remember which it was) even though I told her I had already had one and had been only with my boyfriend since. She said she even requires Nuns to take them. I felt like it was a reason for her to bill for more. Was not impressed, and felt very uncomfortable overall.