Dr. Andrea Carlsen MD Patient Reviews

January 12th, 2017
Huge trust, ethics issues and worse; Serious Review.
For years, I experienced Dr. Carlsen as a lovely and loving human being. Office manager, ditto. Along the way, she referred me to a psychotherapist who, as it turned out, was 100% unlicensed and 100% untrained, but had a penchant for dangerous therapy techniques. I started having horrible symptoms, all documented within days by Dr. Carlsen, who I trusted with my life. It went downhill from there. Three years later, I still do not sleep, etc. I reported the therapist to the authorities. Dr. Carlsen asked me, during a session, why I “felt the need” to do so. Dr. Carlsen then told me that her other patients were doing well with this therapist. Dr. Carlsen then told my new doctor that her other patients were doing well with this therapist. Dr. Carlsen then wrote in my medical record that her other patients had done well with this therapist. Why the #&!@ do I care, and why does my new doctor need to know, and why did she write in my medical record, that her OTHER patients have done well with this therapist, who was (and still is) ostensibly committing an indefensible, felony criminal act? Dr. Carlsen then called this person her “colleague”, twice, including in my medical record, where the word “license” never appears. Dr. Carlsen’s “colleague” is a cosmetologist and is licensed to do my hair, makeup, skin and nails, only. When called upon in this matter, Dr. Carlsen’s contribution was a self-serving disgrace and invalidating beyond belief. This is an extremely gentle review of an unbelievable experience that would make your skin crawl. Please consider going elsewhere and not supporting the practice of Dr. Andrea Carlsen.

September 22nd, 2016
She is very sweet, caring and wants the best for her clients

May 16th, 2014
Review A R Carlsen,MD
Suffering from depression not responding to several meds.Dr Carlsen offered me the option of TMS a new treatment for drug resistant depression.The results have been spectacular and combined with her caring manner and psychothrerapy I have been much happier and able to function.

January 28th, 2014
Great listener.I came away from the visit relieved with a better insight to my problems and importantly a means to help solve them.

November 29th, 2013
Best Listener on the Planet!
Dr. Carlsen is simply the best listener, so caring, so dilligent.. I whole-heartedly recommend this doctor to anyone who needs help.

July 31st, 2012
Tops!!
Dr Carlsen is comprehensive, attentive and caring. She has been treating my son for more 1.5 years.

July 17th, 2012
Exceptional Child Adolescent Psychiatrist
Readily available.Discussed my issues with family.Excellent followup.Great outcome

February 8th, 2012
Wonderful
Dr. Carlsen was wonderful: knowledgeable, caring, responsive. Office was lovely and private. I would highly recommend Dr. Carlsen and wish there were more physicians like her.

May 23rd, 2011
superb experience
The treatment I receive under Dr. Carlsen's care is superb. She is a highly qualified specialist (graduating from a top medical school and post graduate training centers) who has made an enormous difference in my life.