Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)

2.0

• Currently 2.2083333333333 of 4 stars
 |  Wasted time  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2014

In over six months that I've been going to Dr Hayes' office, I have NEVER gotten to see HER; only a nurse practictioner. I am being charged to see a specialist, which is a higher copay than a regular PCP. But I only see a nurse practitioner. Each visit, she increases insulin dosage. After the last the blood draw, the nurse practitioner called and instucted me to take an additional injection of insulin each day; but she did not change the prescription (WHAT??). Ok,, thanks. Common Sense... if I increase my injections, that will cause me to run out of my medication before it's time for the refill. Then what??? I won't be going back to this place.

|  HORRENDOUS DR AND OFFICE,  |  show details
by Mike P on Dec 23rd, 2013

HORRENDOUS DR AND OFFICE, STAFF IS HORRIBLE DR IS HORRENDOUS. I DO NOT RECOMMEND HER AT ALL. IF YOU VALUE YOUR HEALTH GO TO ANOTHER OTHER CARE PROVIDER!

|  I wanted to like her, I really did try....  |  show details
by Incognito Frito on Aug 17th, 2013

Several years ago I was diagnosed with multiple thyroid nodules by an Army doctor and that Dr. recommended immediate removal of my thyroid. I decided to get a 2nd opinion and someone (I can't even remember who...) recommended Dr. Hayes. She thankfully advised many people have multiple nodules and the best path would be to follow them via ultrasound for growth. She did a couple FNA biopsies as well. After the 1st appointment I immediately noticed the HORRIFIC wait time. I think in total over the years I've had about 6 appointments with her and every time I would have to plan to take the ENTIRE day off from work. Exampe: 1pm appointment they finally too me back at 5pm. I thought I was going to die. I have sat in that main waiting room 4 hours at time. ALSO....unfortunately they NEVER once called me with lab results. Even when I called THEM for that I had to call over and over to get anything. Dr. Hayes was very friendly to me. She is sweet, but Dear God the wait time and I the fact that I have to practically stalk the staff for results has just proven too much. Because those 2 pieces were so painful I haven't followed up on my nodules in about 4 years. Now I'm having bad symptoms and weight loss plus neck swelling and lymph node swelling and hoarse voice. My primary doc had an ultrasound ordered and the nodules have grown. :(( Now I have to find a new Endocrinologist because some of the nodules are looking very suspicious. I'm just p.o.'ed they made it all so hard and will never go back!

|  What a waste!  |  show details
Jul 11th, 2013

1. Dead bugs behind door in exam room. 2. No sinks in exam room. 3. Staff seemed friendly enough. 4. Dr. spent most of the time on computer entering symptoms. Physical exam lasted less than a minute. 5. My actual symptoms were never addressed (except the 3 times she asked why I didn't go to a reumatologist). 6. "Prescribed" a test for a disease I obviously don't have. (No physical symptoms or manifestations) 7. My amazingly cool, calm, and kind husband (who went too) said after walking out, "Wow, that was a total waste of time and money." And I hadn't even told him what I thought about the visit. 8. Since my problem is not diabetes, I cannot comment on her treatment of that disease. She may be excellent if you are a diabetic but I couldn't recommend her for the endocrine part.

|  Don't Waste Your Time!  |  show details
Jun 27th, 2013

I would not waste your time. Go to someone that actually cares about the patient. I feel like every time I go there I just waste my time. I tried to have the nurse practitioner put me on natural thyroid medication and I got a no. She said that she was not familiar with that drug. She could get permission from the doctor but more in likely the answer would be no. What makes me sick there web page says they take the holistic approach. That is a pack of lies or they would not have a problem putting me on Armour Thyroid. I know I am on state insurance but I should not be treated like this. The lady said I would feel better if I lost weight. I am on Synthroid and I usually don't have any energy. Everyone is different and how do they not know if it would work for me? All the lady said that my levels would go up and down. I did not even have a chance!

by Don Allen on Jun 20th, 2013

I am thankful to Dr. Hayes for helping me get my diabetes under control. Before I saw her I had problems with high blood sugar readings, cholesterol, tryglycerides. I now have all well under control. I think the staff there is awesome. I never have to wait for an appointment, in fact I have frequently gotten in early.

|  Not being "over dramatic" worst experience ever!  |  show details
by Very upset on May 27th, 2013

Bottom line.... Worst experince ever, huge waste of time.... I never even saw her, I saw a guy that was very rude to me about my condition (Hashimoto's) and told me there was no treatment for it and there very much so is!

Jan 31st, 2013

I read the reviews on here, and I think it sounds like the people are way overly critical! I did have to wait an hour past my appt, but I expected that. It takes much longer at my Ob's office. Otherwise, I just didn't see what all everyone was talking about. The NP's did a great job, and I was happy with their care. I knew I wouldn't see Dr. Hayes, and I didn't expect to. The NP spent more time with me and explained the comprehensive plan to me, which I doubt the physician would have had time to do. It was a really good experience overall.

Jan 30th, 2013

I had a great experience! The office was somewhat unique, but I found it fun and whimsical. The office staff was all very nice, and the nurse practitioner spent an hour with me! It was obvious she really cared for me. Can't wait to go back!

|  Horrible doctor...just horrible  |  show details
Mar 20th, 2012

When you transfer doctors to a very dignified and qualified professional at Centennial Medical Center in Nashville, they always ask why you are there. I am there because I switched doctors. Upon telling them the following, every single person says the same thing - "I bet I can guess where you came from" - and here's what I shared:- I had three visits, and I never even met my doctor.- I can't even tell you what she looks like- She knew nothing detailed about how to use my medical equipment to treat diabetes- The office was unclean and unprofessional- The nurse practitioner changed my medication without her personal consolationIf that's what you want, then go to Andrea Hayes.Tell me if you get to meet her. I paid her enough money to at least have an idea of what she looks like, so I could say hello if I ever met her.I know this is harsh. And so is diabetes. I'm glad I finally found someone who can treat it better than she did.

|  Bad Experience  |  show details
Feb 4th, 2012

I felt like Dr. Hayes was more interested in selling me a diet plan than in actually helping me with my condition. Appointment times were long. After waiting an hour plus I walked out and don't plan to return.

|  AWFUL!!!!  |  show details
Jan 23rd, 2012

This place was gross and nasty. The nurse I had dropped all the test strips on the floor and picked them back up and put them back in the bottle. She also removed her glove that she used on me and put in back in the box of gloves that it came out of in the first place. There was no sink in the room and no one I saw washed their hands. I never saw Dr. Hayes and to be a new patient, I would think you would AT LEAST come in and introduce yourself. I will never go back to this doctor again!

|  Please Stay Away! Horrible!  |  show details
Oct 11th, 2011

Drove 3 times to her office, 1.5 hours away, for nothing! It's been 4 weeks and I still haven't gotten my lab results. Everyone in her office are all rude and it's a very weird environment. Office is smelly and dirty. They don't even return phone calls with lab results after many many messages. They flat out don't care about patients! It was a horrible, terrible experience for me that got me no where at all in my progress to good health. Just Awful! Please find someone else!

|  Terrible Doctor!!!  |  show details
Aug 31st, 2011

Waited for atleast 45 mins, dirty smelly office, when i was finally called back , i saw 4 people before i saw Dr. Hayes and she didnt care to see any of the medical paper work of why i was reffered here and told me that my dexa scan results were wrong and that im too young to have osteopenia, never called me back with my lab results had to call her and then said i needed to supply a parathyroid scan and i was like you are the doctor who suppose to be ordering it for not me im the patient, this women is joke, and the appt was only 5 mins and i drove a hour to this referral , never went back , went to find some one else

Jul 26th, 2011

Only one problem...I was told they do not investigate, they just medicate...I have issues with that. Isn't a doctor supposed to find out what is causing the problem and not simply medicating the symptoms?

|  Just Ok  |  show details
Jun 23rd, 2011

Wait time very long, doesn't explain much to you about your condition.

Feb 1st, 2011

the worst experence of my life

|  Go elsewhere!  |  show details
Sep 20th, 2010

I have visited her office 4 times now and will never be back. She really doesn't care or even ask HOW you feel. She rushes you out with a script in hand with no understanding at all. She isn't interested in helping you manage your health. If you want to find out the results of your labwork, be prepared to call their office and ask. You will not hear from them, other than a script may be called in with no additional explanation (note: when a script was finally called in, it was 2.5 weeks after my labs and I had to call to follow-up.) I would suggest you find an endo that will work with you and CARE about their patients!

|  Don't go to this doctor  |  show details
Sep 7th, 2010

Dirty office. Long wait in office. Waited at least 2 weeks for test results. Didn't listen.

Jun 19th, 2009

Dr. Hayes made me feel very comfortable in discussing myself and my problems. She is also a diabetic and very knowledgable about our disease. Thank you.

|  Very unsatisfactory  |  show details
Jun 15th, 2009

Extremely long wait time.Unprofessional/Unknowlegeable staffApathetic receptionists