inactive

Andrea L Hayes MD Patient Reviews

2.2

August 4th, 2015
Do yourself a favor & go elsewhere...
I went to Dr Hayes for several years after being diagnosed with a pituitary tumor...she never once did a MRI, all she did was prescribe medication & rack up hundreds of dollars in lab work that i could not afford when i clearly did not have insurance. Most of the time she was on vacation & I mainly seen nurse practitioners. When I would see her she would make sarcastic remarks about my weight such as "u sure have lost a lot of weight since the last time u was here!" When in actuality I had gained weight. She would say things like u need to lay off the sodas, fast food & sweets but yet i never said what i was eating or drinking. She just assumed that i was eating this & that because I was overweight. Rather than trying to help me lose weight she just made rude remarks that made me feel even worse about myself. I didnt have the money to do her Nashville Solution weight loss program so i feel i was treated differently. I only continued going to her because she was cheaper than other endocrinologist & I needed my meds. U get what you pay for though because she was definitely not a good Dr. She didnt care about me or my condition. I would wait for hours to see her just to get 5 min of her time & a prescription...literally a waste of time & money. I felt like she looked down on me because i didnt have insurance. Her staff was rude to me on several occasions because I needed them to call in a refill. If you cant come in & pay $200 for an office visit to get your prescription then you get an attitude from the staff. Its just terrible service any way you look at it. I would not recommend Dr Hayes to my worst enemy!!!

October 12th, 2014
Wasted time
In over six months that I've been going to Dr Hayes' office, I have NEVER gotten to see HER; only a nurse practictioner. I am being charged to see a specialist, which is a higher copay than a regular PCP. But I only see a nurse practitioner. Each visit, she increases insulin dosage. After the last the blood draw, the nurse practitioner called and instucted me to take an additional injection of insulin each day; but she did not change the prescription (WHAT??). Ok,, thanks. Common Sense... if I increase my injections, that will cause me to run out of my medication before it's time for the refill. Then what??? I won't be going back to this place.

December 23rd, 2013
HORRENDOUS DR AND OFFICE,
HORRENDOUS DR AND OFFICE, STAFF IS HORRIBLE DR IS HORRENDOUS. I DO NOT RECOMMEND HER AT ALL. IF YOU VALUE YOUR HEALTH GO TO ANOTHER OTHER CARE PROVIDER!

August 17th, 2013
I wanted to like her, I really did try....
Several years ago I was diagnosed with multiple thyroid nodules by an Army doctor and that Dr. recommended immediate removal of my thyroid. I decided to get a 2nd opinion and someone (I can't even remember who...) recommended Dr. Hayes. She thankfully advised many people have multiple nodules and the best path would be to follow them via ultrasound for growth. She did a couple FNA biopsies as well. After the 1st appointment I immediately noticed the HORRIFIC wait time. I think in total over the years I've had about 6 appointments with her and every time I would have to plan to take the ENTIRE day off from work. Exampe: 1pm appointment they finally too me back at 5pm. I thought I was going to die. I have sat in that main waiting room 4 hours at time. ALSO....unfortunately they NEVER once called me with lab results. Even when I called THEM for that I had to call over and over to get anything. Dr. Hayes was very friendly to me. She is sweet, but Dear God the wait time and I the fact that I have to practically stalk the staff for results has just proven too much. Because those 2 pieces were so painful I haven't followed up on my nodules in about 4 years. Now I'm having bad symptoms and weight loss plus neck swelling and lymph node swelling and hoarse voice. My primary doc had an ultrasound ordered and the nodules have grown. :(( Now I have to find a new Endocrinologist because some of the nodules are looking very suspicious. I'm just p.o.'ed they made it all so hard and will never go back!

July 11th, 2013
What a waste!
1. Dead bugs behind door in exam room. 2. No sinks in exam room. 3. Staff seemed friendly enough. 4. Dr. spent most of the time on computer entering symptoms. Physical exam lasted less than a minute. 5. My actual symptoms were never addressed (except the 3 times she asked why I didn't go to a reumatologist). 6. "Prescribed" a test for a disease I obviously don't have. (No physical symptoms or manifestations) 7. My amazingly cool, calm, and kind husband (who went too) said after walking out, "Wow, that was a total waste of time and money." And I hadn't even told him what I thought about the visit. 8. Since my problem is not diabetes, I cannot comment on her treatment of that disease. She may be excellent if you are a diabetic but I couldn't recommend her for the endocrine part.

June 27th, 2013
Don't Waste Your Time!
I would not waste your time. Go to someone that actually cares about the patient. I feel like every time I go there I just waste my time. I tried to have the nurse practitioner put me on natural thyroid medication and I got a no. She said that she was not familiar with that drug. She could get permission from the doctor but more in likely the answer would be no. What makes me sick there web page says they take the holistic approach. That is a pack of lies or they would not have a problem putting me on Armour Thyroid. I know I am on state insurance but I should not be treated like this. The lady said I would feel better if I lost weight. I am on Synthroid and I usually don't have any energy. Everyone is different and how do they not know if it would work for me? All the lady said that my levels would go up and down. I did not even have a chance!

June 20th, 2013
I am thankful to Dr. Hayes for helping me get my diabetes under control. Before I saw her I had problems with high blood sugar readings, cholesterol, tryglycerides. I now have all well under control. I think the staff there is awesome. I never have to wait for an appointment, in fact I have frequently gotten in early.

May 27th, 2013
Not being "over dramatic" worst experience ever!
Bottom line.... Worst experince ever, huge waste of time.... I never even saw her, I saw a guy that was very rude to me about my condition (Hashimoto's) and told me there was no treatment for it and there very much so is!

January 31st, 2013
I read the reviews on here, and I think it sounds like the people are way overly critical! I did have to wait an hour past my appt, but I expected that. It takes much longer at my Ob's office. Otherwise, I just didn't see what all everyone was talking about. The NP's did a great job, and I was happy with their care. I knew I wouldn't see Dr. Hayes, and I didn't expect to. The NP spent more time with me and explained the comprehensive plan to me, which I doubt the physician would have had time to do. It was a really good experience overall.

January 30th, 2013
I had a great experience! The office was somewhat unique, but I found it fun and whimsical. The office staff was all very nice, and the nurse practitioner spent an hour with me! It was obvious she really cared for me. Can't wait to go back!

March 20th, 2012
Horrible doctor...just horrible
When you transfer doctors to a very dignified and qualified professional at Centennial Medical Center in Nashville, they always ask why you are there. I am there because I switched doctors. Upon telling them the following, every single person says the same thing - "I bet I can guess where you came from" - and here's what I shared:- I had three visits, and I never even met my doctor.- I can't even tell you what she looks like- She knew nothing detailed about how to use my medical equipment to treat diabetes- The office was unclean and unprofessional- The nurse practitioner changed my medication without her personal consolationIf that's what you want, then go to Andrea Hayes.Tell me if you get to meet her. I paid her enough money to at least have an idea of what she looks like, so I could say hello if I ever met her.I know this is harsh. And so is diabetes. I'm glad I finally found someone who can treat it better than she did.

February 4th, 2012
Bad Experience
I felt like Dr. Hayes was more interested in selling me a diet plan than in actually helping me with my condition. Appointment times were long. After waiting an hour plus I walked out and don't plan to return.