Dr. Andrea Corbishley MD Patient Reviews

3.3

• Good
  • Bad

August 11th, 2015
This doctor practices patient dumping. If you have Medicare, and are her patient, she will eventually dump you.

February 25th, 2014
misdiagnosis and abandonment
After visiting Dr. Taylor for respiratory issues and severe chest and shoulder pain, I was misdiagnosed with the flu and sent home. Two days later I was in the emergency room diagnosed with pneumonia and had to have open heart surgery to drain the fluid from my heart. After being released and suffering severe pain, I engaged the surgical team for additional pain management options and was told I had to go back to Dr. Taylor. Dr. Taylors office then told me I had to get a prescription from the surgical team. The surgical team said the prescription had to come from Dr. Taylors office as she was my primary care professional. Dr. Taylors office proceeded to put me on a list of "seekers" (one who goes from Doctor to Doctor looking for pain medication). Dr. Taylors office then informed me that she would not be able to see me for 3 weeks and I was told to find a new primary care physician. Regardless of who was suppose to assist me, to put me on a list of known "seekers" was an atrocious and egregious act that will follow me for the rest of my life. All this was due to her misdiagnosis of my illness and I would seriously suggest opening the book on her.

March 28th, 2013
Very nice and thorough.
Dr Taylor was very nice and prompt. I took my daughter. And the staff entertained her during my exam. She listened to all my health history and current concerns. I will recommend her to my friends.

January 29th, 2013
Helpful, thorough doctor
Enjoyed seeing Dr. Taylor. She was thorough and resolved my problem with an accurate diagnosis. Am now referring my daughter to her.

September 25th, 2012
Looking for a new doctor...
I had been seeing Dr. Taylor for several months and had several problems between her and her staff. I usually waited 30-45 minutes before seeing Dr. Taylor at my scheduled appointments. At one visit when I was in a lot of pain, I waited over an hour will no apology from the doctor or staff for the long wait. I had been in to see the doctor and she looked over my prescriptions and she said I should be good for awhile, but when I went to go pick up my prescription I was out of refills. When I called to have them call it in, they said they would. I told them I had to have it that day and they ensured me it would be handled. They did not, and the doctor on call would not refill it, so since this messed me up for the next couple of months from being off the medication. Dr. Taylor was often dismissive with what I would tell her about symptoms and which medications seemed to work best for me. Today I had an appointment for a check up that she made me schedule to continue my prescriptions though I was having no issues with the medication. I was a few minutes late because I knew I would be waiting atleast 30 minutes anyway. When I arrived, they told me I would have to reschedule the appointment as I was late...I guess they find it okay to make their patients wait extended periods of time but a few minutes that I would have been waiting in the waiting area anyways was not okay...They were dismissive, often incapable, and rude. I will not be returning.

September 20th, 2011
Dismissive Attitude
When I explained that medicine my daughter was prescribed was not helping her condition and suggested possibly exploring another course of action, I was totally dismissed. Her suggestion was to continue the current treatment, which hasn't worked for the 3-4 months that it has been used. I am currently resarching other doctors to find a new PCP.

July 2nd, 2010
I won't be back
My first impression of this doctor was, of course, making the initial phone call to set up an appointment. The person who answered the phone was rude and acted as if I were wasting her time. The office hours are not convenient; I was told the latest appointment is at 3:45, and I couldn't have that one because I was a new patient. Dr. Taylor seemed very rushed when I met with her, and she did not take the time with me I would have preferred. The kicker here was when my visit was not billed correctly to my insurance, and the claim was denied. I called and asked the doctor's office to change their coding on the bill, and I was accused of trying to commit insurance fraud. This was eventually resolved, after two and a half months and multiple phone calls.

June 22nd, 2010
Awesome Family Practitioner!
Dr Andrea Taylor is a wonderful caring doctor that will listen to your health care concerns. She works with you, not against you. Her staff is always friendly and thorough.We all need more family practice doctors that take their time with patients without hurrying.

June 15th, 2010
Good Luck getting in.
Well, I called, and the phone rang, and rang, and rang, and rang, and rang. Then when someone answered after twelve rings, I was put on hold for ANOTHER ten minutes. Then I couldn't get an appointment for a week. I found another doctor whose staff are more courteous at answering the phone, and who has good work hours. I need a doctor who can do next day appointments, or has adequate backup. This one was NOT it.

May 31st, 2016