Andrea R Miles, MD
Internist, Pediatrician, Emergency Physician
Video profile
Dekalb Medical Physicians Group - Stonecrest Primary Care(Primary)
8225 Mall Pkwy
Ste 100
Lithonia, GA 30038
770-981-2100
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  Belinda is Horrendous  |  show details
Apr 11th, 2014

Dr. Miles is nice, but Belinda is a rude and nasty woman. I called and asked whether or not they perform pelvic ultrasounds and she said that "This is a doctor's office." She then proceeded to laugh at me. How she got this job I don't know. Should she be fired, Yes!

|  HORRIBLE, she doesn't care about her patients!!  |  show details
Jan 23rd, 2014

Andrea Miles is Horibble!!! I would only send Hitler to see her. She doesn't have compassion or concern for her patients. I told her how much pain I was in and she could care less. She told me to go to work and she rolled her eyes at me. I cried and told her how much pain I was in and she could care less. Now I have to go to another doctor to see what is really wrong with me. She is a bad doctor and a bad person. You should feel safe under a doctors care. I felt like she didn't care about my well being, I tried to explain to her my pain and she walked out on me and cut me off. On top of that she never gives referrals if you ask to see a specialist. The staff is nice and courteous, but Miles is the DEVIL!!!!!!!!!

|  Tacky, unprofessional and no common sense  |  show details
Jan 15th, 2014

I moved here from Indiana in 2012 and have learned that there is a major difference in the quality of medical care between here and there. I have been a patient of Dr. Andrea Miles for about a year. I've only been to her office 2 or 3 times. When I call to make an appointment either no one answers, so I have to call back 4 or 5 times until I reach someone; or, Belinda, whose grammar is horrendously poor, is rude and nasty. I was in a car accident in August of this year. This was the first accident in which I was involved and had no idea of what to do. I just knew that I was in pain and I needed to see a doctor. I initially went to the ER and was told to follow up with my doctor. When I called the office, Belinda flat out told me that Dr. Miles would not get paid so she would not see me. Belinda stated: "I'm sorry, but I don't know what to tell you". After 2 days of calling and arguing with Belinda, I was finally able to schedule an appointment. Dr. Miles told me that I was having muscle spasms, I would be fine and the pain is normal after being hit by a car. I asked that she order an MRI at the very least, just to be certain. She told me I did not need an MRI and I would be fine. She wrote a prescription for pain meds and sent me away. Because she is a doctor, I believed her. However, my pain became increasingly worse and I eventually lost movement and feeling in my arm. Well, I went to another doctor and did have an MRI. I actually had herniated discs at the C6 and C7 levels. My discs affected my nerve so much that I lost feeling in my arm and experienced excruciating pain in my left arm. The latest and final incident stemmed from my attempt to obtain a referral for an orthopedic doctor. I twisted my knee and it is swollen and out of place. It is extremely painful for me to walk or even sit. My feet have begun to swell and my toes are going numb. As indicated in my medical records, I've had problems with my knees for a while and have always been referred to an ortho dr. I am a personal trainer, so it is imperative that I receive medical assistance as quickly as possible. I initially went to the ER (Eastside Medical Center) and set there for 3 hours without being seen by anyone. I called Andrea Miles' office to obtain a referral. I explained that it was difficult for me to walk, so I would rather not schedule and appointment just to be referred out anyway. Dr. Miles does not have the equipment or the training to address the problems I have with my knees and will have no choice but to make a referral. Therefore, it makes little sense for me to have to painfully travel to her office, wait to be seen, then have to do the inevitable - see an ortho doc. I was told that I needed to schedule an appointment. I assume the appointment requirement is financially motivated. I was told that Dr. Miles would return my call. I am going into day two and she's still not returned my call. This behavior may be standard procedure, however, I am accustomed to doctors with much more intelligence and basic common sense.

|  CLUELESS  |  show details
by WILLNOT BEBACK on Jan 7th, 2014

This is a doctor who is not pro-active in your medical care. I was unable to walk for a entire month in JAN 2012. I requested for a x-ray or any intervention (MRI; bloodwork) to find out what was going on. Referral to a Spinal Specialist. Nothing, Dr. Miles did absolutely nothing. I went to another Doctor who informed me my spine was unstable. I was in extreme pain and out of work for a month. This episode did pass. Do you think, that a person who is not overweight, in relative good health, who wakes up in extreme pain and the inability to walk; more could have been done? I am a nurse and have been one for 30 yrs. PASS.

|  show details
Sep 16th, 2013

Excellent! Ended up having appt. with Dr. Miles after my Dr. didn't have any open appts. Needless to say, I never went back to my original Dr. Dr Miles' bedside manner was second to none! She was very attentive to my concerns and ALWAYS has such a pleasant demeanor. I have gladly recommended her to my friends and family members who have sought a primary care physician. Many doctors can learn a thing or two from her about the importance of actually "caring" for those you treat. She is, indeed, an angel!

|  she is great!!!!!!  |  show details
Jun 12th, 2012

dr miles is great so pleasent caring and really gets down to the problem her assistant on the other hand jeesh twice she wa on the phone while taking my vitals, then just so unprofressional where did she find her job corps ghetto does not even begin to start. the doc and the front desk absolutely superb