Dr. Andrea Palmer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 18th, 2015
I believe Dr. Palmer has a patient load that is hard for her to handle and still build rapport. She is friendly enough, but her staff is not. I have left in tears because the shortness and lack of compassion her staff showed during my pregnancy. When I asked questions, I was made to feel dumb.

July 1st, 2015
One of the best!
I switched to Dr. Palmer after a bad experience with my previous OB/GYN. I was nothing but impressed by her. She never made me feel rushed and was always open to discuss any questions or concerns I had. She delivered my 2nd baby who was breech and we talked through my delivery options several times before the delivery date. She was open and honest when I asked her medical and personal opinion of what the best decision was for me. I had several issues after delivery and the following 6 months. She was prompt in responding to all my questions via email/message through the portal. She called me personally to discuss options in treating an abnormal pap. She has one of the best bedside manners which put me completely at ease during all the procedures and surgeries I had not to mention her skill level is excellent. I would and do HIGHLY recommend her to all my girlfriends and family.

December 8th, 2013
I was not given the correct results for blood work. I had no idea that I was supposed to be taking additional medications, I had no idea until she asked me if it was making me feel better at my next appointment. I went in to pre term labor and I was supposed to be taking another medication, and no one said anything to me about it at discharge. Again, I had no idea until the next appointment when she asked if it was helping. I got two post surgical infections and she was completely rude and dismissive to me after that point. It's not big loss, really. My maternity leave was all unpaid and I would sometimes wait over an hour for my 5 minute appointment and that staff was beyond rude and acted like they were doing you a favor when they finally got around to acknowledging you.

April 3rd, 2012
Great doctor
Dr. Palmer is friendly and knowledgable. She was amazing in delivering our daughter. Showed up at the hospital in the middle if the night, and she wasn't the doctor on call that weekend. Can't say enough about her.

December 30th, 2011
Great doctor, unpleasant staff/wait times
Dr. Palmer is professional, well-versed in her field and caring; however, she seems saddled with nurses that do not care, are unfriendly and never write anything down. Also, her time is so limited with each patient that it feels like you're never a priority. Complications are minimized and she's always in a rush. Never called me back when I had cramps or questions. Unless you have an absolutely textbook normal pregnancy, look elsewhere. No discussion of the delivery until you're in the last weeks of the third trimester because she's off to the next. Get ready to rapid fire any questions you have during pregnancy rather than discussing anything. If all prenatal care consists of is taking blood pressure and using a doppler, I really could do that at home. More than half the time, there's very little else done at an appointment. The receptionist acts like she's doing you a tremendous favor by finding a morning or afternoon time. You can expect to wait 45 to 90 minutes every single appointment. You're asked to come back the next day if they're overbooked. My maternity leave wasn't paid, so every hour I sat in that waiting room added up.

October 18th, 2011
Dr. Palmer delivered my baby boy and I trust her completely. I hope that if I have another baby, in the future, that I will be able to have Dr. Palmer as my physician again (even though I moved two hours away).

September 26th, 2011
Great Doctor, but poor staff.
Dr. Palmer is a wonderful doctor, and I only wish her staff were as wonderful. During an emotional conversation, her nurse told me many things, including the following:1) Good luck finding a doctor who will call you back in less then 2 hours. If its that urgent you can go to the ER.2) Waiting for an hour isn't a big deal, there will be days where you have to wait 2+ hours for your appt. 3) I'm in the medical profession, not customer service.4) We have a wait list, so if you leave our practice....Suffice to say we are no longer patients.