Dr. Andrea Persaud MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 18th, 2014
Very bad people skills
I saw this doctor at the 36th St office a few yrs ago. She may be a good doctor (what she did was fine, fortunately not a big deal), but she was very arrogant. I will not go with her again.

July 10th, 2013
was very helpful
Called around 8am on a Monday and got an appointment for noon the same day. Was a new patient had to fill paperwork but still only waited 15 mins. Doctor was very helpful...took her time in explaining everything to me. Wrote everything on paper for me. Everything she recommended and prescribed is working well. Told me not to hesitate to come back if need to.

January 3rd, 2012
She is not proffesional at all outside waiting time is more than 1 hr and inside not even 10 minutes hardly answers any questions.

April 13th, 2011
Dermatologist who is germaphobic and won't even touch you!!!
I saw Dr. Persuad for a rash that appeared on my chin and she acted as if I had rabies. She even cringed when I touched it and screeched saying "ooooh don't touch it." She made me very uncomfortable and didn't even come near me! She told me that our bodies have viruses that sometimes get reacted by the sun. She never asked me if I could be pregnant and prescribed an ointment. Two days later I tested positive to a pregnancy test! My OBGYN felt the rash was a symptom and unlike this germaphobic dermatologist who is in the wrong line of work! my OBGYN touched the rash with her bare hands and said "it's nothing." I will never go back to Dr Persaud again!!!

January 7th, 2011
when i called the office they said they took the insurance i had..when i got there they were not sure.,then i did see the dr. and yes she has a ATTITUDE..VERY POOR PEOPLE SKILLS...I only hope that I will not have scars from her work...i wish i had googled her like she said I should have when I asked a few questions...

May 14th, 2010
Far from bright
Just as another reviewer noted, I was also refused to see the doctor the first time because I forgot my insurance card regardless the fact that I had all the information from the card. The personnel was unable (or unwilling?) to verify with my insurance. The front desk girl seemed quite nice though during the conversation. Ive been to other doctors with most of my problems and have gotten treatment from other sources before. The only reason why I picked Dr. Persaud was because of location, not reviews which I regretted later. First of all, she had an attitude. As soon as I opened my mouth and she heard an accent, she became so arrogant and started treating me as if I was a retard. Second of all, she was unable to answer some of the basic questions that a dermatologist should know the answers to. Third of all, she refused me a prescription because she was concerned about her license, whereas another doctor I went to had no problem with this medication, so I got it from him. At last, never in my life did I have such a painful removal of a tiny wart. Ive had many of them removed in the past, and this last time caused a severe damage to tissues. The wound was huge in size, sore and painful for weeks, didnt heal for over a month period, and left scarring! Which never happened before!

August 4th, 2009
she is not bad at all. she knew i was trying to concieve and was totally in line with what i was saying. she definitely knew what she was talking about.

August 17th, 2016