Dr. Andrea Pozez MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 23rd, 2017
Horrible experience
I went to dr Pozez after being diagnosed with breast cancer. I learned that It would be best for me to have a double mastectomy and reconstruction was an option. I discussed wit Dr. Pozez that I would like to go up a cup size to at least a full C cup. She assured me that she could give me these results. My oncologist had some concerns about possible infection with the tissue expanders so i had chosen not to do the expanders. I asked Dr. Pozez if she could give me my implants when I underwent my double mastectomy, but she told me that if i wanted to go up in size i would have to get the tissue expanders. I went ahead and got the expanders. After 9 months of excruciating pain of being streched to a D cup it was time for my surgery to get my implants. I specifically told Dr. Pozez and her staff that i wanted "the biggest implant that would fit"... when i woke up from surgery i was the same B cup that i started off with. I reached out to Dr. Pozez from the recovery room because of my concerns. She called me hours later after she had already left the hospital. I expressed my concerns and she rushed me off of the phone and told me that we would talk about it in a week when i come to get my stiches removed. Fast forward a week... She came in the room with a smug attitude and said that she can see by my facial expression that i was upset. I told her that i was and explained that the whole purpose of me doing the tissue expanders for 9 long agonizing months was to go up in size, and that this was not results that we discussed.. she rudely told me "i did a great job on your breast and i like them, sorry if you don't" ... I expressed to her that I dont like them, and she did not give me wht we discussed and i wanted her to fix it. She went on to say "how is this affecting your life". She said that shes not going to fix it and then looked at her watch and told me she didnt have time for this and got up and started walking to the door. I asked her to not be rude and listen to what i had to say...she then again said "Well I like how your breast look, i cant help if you dont"... She continued to say that the results i wanted she could not give me.. why didnt she say this before she cut me open and inserted implants that was half the size of my expanders.. I have never in my life been treated so poorly from a health care professional.. she showed no sign of compassion, sympathy or decent bedside manners. She refused to listen to my feelings and concerns that i was having about the surgery that she performed.. I will be getting a second opinion to see if someone give me the results that i am looking for. Oo and she didnt even remove my stiches so i have to go back and see this woman who refused to help me regain my self confidence and made me feel as though i was wrong for wanting what i want after going though all that i went through...

May 31st, 2013
I would not recommend her for breast reconstruction, she told me lies and her work is horrible. I'm redoing it this week with another hospital and doctor. She has a bad attitude and no personality. I did save a lady last week from using her. I wish someone had saved me.

December 21st, 2011
Highly Recommend
I find Dr. Pozez very compassionate which is essential of a doctor when you are dealing with cancer. Her staff are just as compassionate and all are willing to answer any questions that I have. I highly recommend Dr. Pozez.

February 8th, 2010
Great experience
Dr. Pozez performed a TRAM flap breast reconstruction for me last year. She spent a great deal of time with me and my husband explaining the procedure. She is well respected at VCU hospital and overall I had a great experience.

March 4th, 2009
She always seemed rushed and was not personble. I think she is too busy running things and forgets she is treating people who are real and not for her and she talks down to other people so they seem scared of her. BE Nice!

April 17th, 2017