Dr. Andrea Stein MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

July 19th, 2013
She saved my life
I went to Adrea Stein, M.D. because my previous doctor's office was poorly run. The staff did not fax prescriptions in a timely manor, and it took 11 days for an order to be faxed for an MRI. Dr. Stein happened to save my life, starting from the first visit. She found pre-cancerous cells and surgery was the cure. If you need to talk to Dr. Stein, she makes the time for you; you are not dependent on a staff member. I am so grateful to Dr. Stein and feel very lucky to be under her care

June 9th, 2013
Dr. Stein Saved My Life
I'm shocked to read that other patients don't think Dr. Stein spends time with them. Prior to being referred to Dr. Stein I had been stricken with a severe urinary tract infection and had been referred to a very well-known Santa Monica GYN. She saw me for 5 minutes and thereafter I was only seen or allowed to speak with a nurse/medical assistant. The doctor would not take my calls nor be bothered with me. Needless to say, that doctor is the reason I have been seeing Dr. Stein for the past 15 years so I'd like to thank her from the bottom of my heart for being such a rude imbecile. Dr. Stein saved my life. I have been her patient for 15 years and travel 4 hours round trip for each appointment. At each visit, her familiarity with my situation and family history seem as if she just saw me yesterday. After performing ultrasounds for many years she determined that my ovaries had changed in a way that she was uncomfortable with. I consulted with one of the best surgeons in LA and he concurred. We now find that I have a family history of the BRCA gene and other cancers. Because of Dr. Stein's proactivity and genuine caring, she has reduced the chances of my developing breast cancer by 70%. Dr. Stein is a brilliant doctor who simply has an old-fashioned caring bedside manner. I can't say enough about this outstanding doctor.

March 11th, 2013
Disappointed after we left her
We went to Dr Stein based on referral from my OB and didn't check her reviews. She and her staff are nice. She does give her personal cell which is a nice touch, and responds to email promptly. I think if you have a simple case, her simple approach with Clomid would work and that's fine. However, that didn't work for me and she eventually referred us elsewhere, and now I look back on our year with Dr Stein and I see a world of difference compared to our current clinic. Dr Stein actually charges more for ultrasound, without the full facility that a clinic has, but, that's a small downside compare to my biggest disappointment --- Now I realize that she never worked with us to explain the possible causes (and back then we didn't know enough to ask), she just kept upping the doses to "see how that works". We felt like she was only executing the treatment mechanically to try to get us pregnant, instead of paying to the attention to underlying causes. Dr Stein isn't terrible, but we realize now there are so much better doctors out there for the same monetary and time investment.

October 8th, 2012
A True Gem in the Medical Profession
I have been going to Dr. Stein for nearly 15 years. I have always found her to be extremely warm, understanding, and incredibly knowledgeable. I've rarely ever had to wait long for my appointment, and have never felt rushed during my time with her. I can't recommend her highly enough.