Dr. Andrea Swenson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.5
  • 4 reviews

July 26th, 2011
Stiff Person's Syndrome
I had a totally different experience with Dr. Swenson. I felt that she spent a tremendous amount of time examining, listening and expediting additional testing. Once the test results of my EMG came back, Dr. Swenson had a diagnosis which I understand is extremely difficult in rare autoimmune cases. She had treatment options ready and was more than willing to spend time answering questions from my husband as well as myself. Although bedside manner plays a part in any medical treatment, knowledge as well as problem solving are key. I felt that Dr. Swenson possessed both of these.

May 23rd, 2011
HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE! I came from out of state, being a mystery diagnosis and referred by neurology and neurosurgeons in my home state after attempts to send me to mayo didn't work out. I spent a fortune in money, pain, and emotion traveling there after waiting 2 months for an appointment. Upon arrival, they had none of the records sent by my docs. Luckily, I had spent 3 hours at kinkos and brought copies of some of the major reports and some MRI discs. I was given a 10 minute review, told my docs were crazy and so was I basically, offered meds for migraine and restless legs (I have tremors, not restless legs! - I have a gait disturbance, weakness, and have TROUBLE INITIATING MOVEMENT for pete's sake - my legs don't move when I tell them, let alone act or feel restless!), and asked about depression. I am a psychologist, so I informed her regarding her lack of knowledge in that area. It was UNBELIEVABLE and painful. I continue to pray for God to help me with coming to full forgiveness and healing from this. I also pray that she doesn't continue to treat people the way I was treated.

April 18th, 2011
After waiting 2 months - Such a Disappointment
My overall experience left me wanting. After waiting two months for an appointment - searching for a diagnosis to my severe pain from spasms & rigid muscles - the physician tested my muscle tone by touching me ever so gingerly with her forefinger as if I had some easily transmitted disease. I do not have leprosy - I do have a neuromuscular disease. Listening? Caring? Not apparent. What a disappointment... Thankfully, I was referred by another physician elsewhere - much different outcome not to mention treatment.

August 1st, 2010
Clincal and detached
Wouldnt do tests. Answers questions as skillfully as the best politician meaning you dont get them answered. Ignores or doesnt read data. Had to get 2 other doctors involved to get her to start working on me again. Local MDA said patients like her. I can only assume they were already diagnosed.