Dr. Andrea Thorpe Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Andrea Thorpe?

NEVER AGAIN!!!

Posted on February 12th, 2013

We moved to the area from a different part of Florida and looked for a pediatrician for our children who takes our insurance. I called around and did some research and was very excited to find Dr. Thorpe. I called to schedule an appointment and was told the SOONEST appointment was 5 weeks out. I thought "OK, she must be in high demand" because I heard only positive things about her. Maybe I have been spoiled but every other doctor we have seen has called to confirm an appointment so I was surprised we didn't get a reminder courtesy call. No big deal but it would have been nice. Anyway, we got there early to fill out any paperwork necessary and they hadn't started a file or anything so the receptionist couldn't find us. She finally started the paperwork and, as I'm standing in the reception area, asks me to recite my social security number. Um, no thank you. Have you ever heard of identity theft? So, we complete the paperwork and wait. It was still 10 minutes before our appointment time so we sat and waited...and waited...and waited. People who came in after us were taken back before us. People without appointments were taken before us. It was completely ridiculous! Anyway, after almost an hour, they finally called us back only to have us sit in a SECOND waiting area before they took my daughters height and weight. Then, they tell us they don't have an exam room  available so we have to go back to the first waiting room. We waited there for another 30 minutes with the nurse telling us we are next after the doctor finishes with a family of 3. We get called back again and get into the exam room only to wait for ANOTHER 20 minutes! The office sounds like a very unruly daycare and it was purely chaotic to say the least! So, Dr. Thorpe finally comes in and, while nice and respectful, it was completely too long for the care we received. She hardly listened to our answers to her mumbled questions and rarely looked up from her pink paper. Yes, she handled my daughter not getting on the table well but that is about all. One final thing she did that really made us uncomfortable was she was trying to ease my daughters fear of the otoscope by showing her how it works with her own ear then, without changing the tip, put it in my daughters ear. I'm not saying the doctor isn't safe but there is a reason the tips are not reused. I will NEVER go to this doctor again. To wait almost 2 hours to be seen when you have an appointment is completely unacceptable and unprofessional. They are obviously overbooked and unprepared for the volume of patients they have. Its like they book multiple patients for each appointment so everyone gets further and further behind. I will tell everyone I know to avoid this place like the plague!

DR THIORPE

Posted on February 9th, 2011

DR THORPE IS A VERY RELIABLE UNDERSTANDING CARING AND PROFESSIONAL DOCTOR WHOM IS VERY GOOD AT WHAT SHE DOES AND IS VERY WELL EXPERINCED IAM VERY PLEASED WITH THE SERVICE MY 3 MONTH OLD DAUGHTER GETS AND ID RECCOMEND DR THORPE TO ALL MY FRIENDS AS SHE WAS RECCOMENED TO ME!!!

Posted on May 11th, 2017