experience with dr. karachristos show details experience with dr. karachristos
Apr 15th, 2015

My father did not have surgery with his referral to Dr. Karachristos. First of all, he had a previous surgery and a year later, they found it spread. The radiologist at Fox Chase Cancer Center, Dr. Igor Asaturov did not CT scan my Dad until a year later, and then they wanted to operate based on that Ct scan. My dad felt he needed another opinion, so went to another very large cancer hospital. They did a PET scan and found another suspicious area in the original area of the operated cancer. This needs investigation. Also, there is a non surgical way to control the tumor in the liver. This was never discussed with Dr. K.; maybe because he's a surgeon. But, the risks and complications are so great, other options needs looking into just in case. So, I can only say there's been questions, maybe oversights; whatever the case, before subjecting my Dad to dangerous surgery and with this other area not being seen and overlooked, we're now looking into the other opinion to see what to do. I think operating under these circumstances would've been a mistake. Also, Dr. K. made my dad wait 2 months before getting an appt. for surgery. Also, was told that other non surgical options were not an option.

A one of a kind doctor show details A one of a kind doctor
Oct 6th, 2013

After a trip to the emergency room brought a diagnosis of possible cancer any many tests and 3 weeks later I had no diagnosis I was referred to Dr. Karachristos by one of his colleagues. He went out of his way to squeeze me into his schedule to do surgery just 4 days before he was leaving on vacation. He explained everything before and after so well and most amazingly, called from his vacation (out of the country) to check on how I was doing. He is not only an incredibly competent surgeon but also an amazingly caring person. I highly recommend him!

I couldn't have asked for a better Doctor! show details I couldn't have asked for a better Doctor!
by Jack McG on Jun 10th, 2013

Dr. Karachristos saved my life! I found out April 1 that I had liver cancer after routine blood tests in January showed slightly elevated liver enzymes. Dr. K explained everything and set my mind at ease when I feared the worst. I had liver resection surgery on May 7 at Fox Chase Cancer Center to remove 60% of my liver (and the tumor) as well as my gall bladder. My pain was managed well and I was encouraged to be as active as possible. I am now walking 2 miles a day and I am leaving on a trip to RI on June 14. I was fortunate not to need and chemo or radiation allowing me to recover more quickly. I am blessed to have had God put Dr. Karachristos and Fox Chase Cancer Center in my path!

Dec 20th, 2010

They way people are today I would not think that we would have found such an amazing Dr. to operate on my Mother. From how he treated her and her family through the whole process to our follow up...There is absolutely nothing negative to say about him. If you need surgery I would definitely pick Dr. K. You will not find another Dr. like him

One of best in his field show details One of best in his field
May 27th, 2010

I have meet many Dr's in my time here and he is all topsThis Dr. Spent many hours and days saving me from possible cancer. Yet this great man even held the door for my mother .I can say great things about him all day, but hear this ( you will not find a better Dr or man in his field