Dr. Andreas Kraebber MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry New York, NY

1.7

January 9th, 2017
Damaged Narcissist
Mr. Kraebber is the king of triangulation. Must have come from a deeply disturbed family dynamic. This man has too many unresolved issues to be effective, let alone not damaging. I switched treatment to one of his senior colleagues, who confided in me (even though he should not have) that he had a quick rise at the institute, and is known as intellectual but very cunning and arrogant.

December 7th, 2016
Domineering
Mr. Kraebber is a pretty typical shrink. He tried to get me to become overly dependent on him and his services. I often felt he was trying to put me under his spell, and view things from his perspective. His work is sloppy, and he can be quite lazy. He has a very domineering facade. His impatience is often quite evident. He suggested seeing me for both medication and psychotherapy, which I later was told by another psychiatrist is a conflict of interest. When his treatment plan didnt "cure" me, he tried to go in another ridiculous and self serving direction. He can be extremely insightful, which is why I stayed as long as I did. Sadly, insight doesnt equal lessening of symptons.Perhaps, he tried his best but none of his tools work.

September 1st, 2016
Evil Genius Type
Dr K appeared very charming and sort of seductive at the beginning of treatment. His style changed along the way, and I felt like he was trying to brainwash me and put me under his spell. That is when I ended the treatment.

April 9th, 2016
Here is the Link to Andreas quote
Translate the below to English to get a feel for how Mr. Kreabber things. Btw, I was referred to him by another psychiatrist who told me he did great work. After my horrible treatment, I went back to my referral source, and he told me that he heard he did great work through self reported cases by Dr. Kraebber. I was very disappointed, and wish I had known that before I started treatment. He is clearly biased in reporting the outcomes of his own treatments. I would have much preferred receiving the feedback from actual patients. manhattan-transfert or just google search the below if don't find the link À New York, ils sont devenus les accessoires incontournables pour se maintenir sur l'échelle sociale… et le font payer à prix d'or

April 7th, 2016
Unethical Man
He will try to become overly involved in your life, and he has very strong opinions about people/topics he really knows nothing about. I advise you to read the link below with direct quotes from him, which you will have to translate to English. I was I had. His simple way of thinking about things is on full display. I will end with a quote from that article. He is lucky I didn't report him to the ethics committee in this field . "The Americans do not like to talk about emotions or affects. Friendship does not always allow spill. And in this urban jungle, "it is precisely the shrink who plays the role of confidant," says Andreas Kraebber.

September 9th, 2015
Strong Brain Power, Weak Morality
He has a very impressive mind in certain ways, but it is really a shame he is so manipulative, competitive, and he lies a lot . He is tall, intellectual, and has a very arrogant veneer. I prefer a therapist, even one less intellectual, who is more decent. I would not recommend him to a male patient. He has a very seductive and pressuring style, and I stayed longer in treatment than I should have.

April 7th, 2015
Professorial
I feel badly writing a negative review because he presents himself quite well, but I just did not find him very intuitive or empathic. He is extremely theoretical, so if you seek someone who is very technically competent you might be more satisfied than I was. He reminded me of one of my most intellectual professors in college, but I relate better to someone more down to earth and intuitive. I also found him naïve, at times, and speculative. He appeared very focused, current, and he carries himself quite well.

July 21st, 2014
Brilliant Egomaniac
Sadly, my treatment was less than effective. He is exceedingly intelligent, but extraordinarily opinionated, and very controlling. It felt like he was behaving more like a coach than a therapist. In the end, I too often tried to seek his approval, and went along with his , at times, forceful advice. As a result, some of my most important relationships are irreparably damaged. I feel he means well, but he attempted to have me live my life according to his values, mores and beliefs.

February 26th, 2014
Bad Match
Kraebber is sort of a quirky intellectual. He spends a lot of time in his head. Our personalities did not mesh well, and I regret spending a few years in treatment.

July 22nd, 2013
Smart but Pompous
I was referred to Dr. Kraebber by another physician so I had high hopes for him helping me with some anxiety issues in which I am taking medication for. The treatment in the beginning started out fine as I found him quite smart , even though I did most of the talking. However, over time he became very arrogant , pompous , and quite honestly, ineffective. The experience was much less effective than my prior experience in therapy. His fee is over $300 for a 45 minute session, which is not covered by insurance, and so I was hoping for much more competent treatment. Dr. Kraebber is certainly smart and very formal, but I am much happier now seeing a different therapist.