A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Andreas Tzakis:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Andreas Tzakis is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Andreas Tzakis, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 14 areas:
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Intestinal Diseases
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Liver Cancer
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Liver Diseases
- Liver Removal (Hepatectomy)
- Liver Transplantation
- Pancreas Transplantation
- Short Bowel Syndrome
- Skin Transplantation (Dermatoplasty)
Education & Awards
Dr. Tzakis graduated from University Of Athens. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Tzakis has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Cleveland Clinic Florida
- Broward General Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Tzakis accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida - 8 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- WellCare - 4 plans
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 6 plans
- AvMed Health Plans - 8 plans
- Americhoice - 1 plan
- Humana - 27 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Andreas G. Tzakis practice?
Dr. Andreas Tzakis practices Surgery near Miami, FL.
Additional practice locations include: Fort Lauderdale, FL and Cleveland, OH.
See Miami Surgeons.