inactive

Andres Betts MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 28th, 2016
Mom of one of this Dr.'s patients
This doctor has been prescribing opiates to my son, Andrew. My son has been abusing opioids for years! In one location I had to rush him to the emergency room because he almost died. My son is red flagged for opiates and this Dr. should never have prescribed my son this medicine. I hope I don't need to go as far as to send this doctor to jail. I hope to God my son will never be prescribed any opiates again by this doctor

March 12th, 2016
If you want addiction this is your guy!
When I asked questions about my condition he said," Lady, I don't know why you're in pain, I'm just going to keep you comfortable." The frazzled nurse there yelled at me on the phone when I was requesting a refill for one of the many drugs he had me on. She didn't even hear the request, she automatically assumed I was looking for Oxycodone and told me I was going to overdose going through my Rx that fast! After that conversation I took my gallon size zip lock bag of meds he put me on to my appointments so they could see I wasn't misusing them. When I left and found a decent pain management Dr. he had to detox me, and he managed to treat me with a fraction of meds compared to Dr. Betts!

August 27th, 2015
highly recommended
Dr. Betts is a fantastic doctor.

April 16th, 2014
Candidate for Donkey Rear doctor of all time
Dr. Betts is a condescending, unprofessional doctor whose ego is only matched by his lack of compassion and professionalism. I came to him with real problems and without examining me, he didn't believe me. He insulted my previous doctor. While I was waiting, he came out and was bragging about something to his disinterested staff. He acted like a bloated peacock. Bad attitude....lousy doctor.

September 17th, 2013
Betts was my best Bet ever
Dr. Betts is phenomenal!!! For those who discredit him it really brings question only to their character not Betts. He is a pain management doctor dealing with highly surveillant medicines but through this does not back down if it is the correct options for you. I highly recommend Dr. Betts, he has been through many trying painful times in my life, but not only treats the pain but treats the suffering. He is a man with a enormous heart and a brain that calculates what your body truly needs. Dr. Betts does his sincere greatest. GO TO HIM IF YOU ARE IN SINCERE PAIN!!!!

April 24th, 2013
He is the best !!!
I had to get an epidural injection, and i was scared of the needles and injections in general. dr betts and his nurses provided a really friendly and nice environment for me and dr.betts did my epidural injection and it didnt hurt at all and i didnt feel anything. i recommend him for anybody who is in need of a great pain management doctor in OC,LA Or SD.he spent about 30 minutes explaining to me what is the reasons of my pain and my options to get rid of my pains. Him and his nursing staff are #1.

March 6th, 2013
The Thrillbilly Magnet author
I have been seeing Dr. Betts for 2 years and 10 months. He is the best doctor I have ever had. He got me my back surgery with Gregory Carlson and i have no pain now. He kind, sincere and caring. He made me feel safe and well, always. And I am now thanks to him. I recommend him highly.

July 4th, 2012
This Doctor Cares..I know after 3 years of battling brain cancer with my husband.
During my husband's illness I had Doctors that told him he was dying with no one in the room, Doctors that gave him little to no help, others just shook their heads. We are not talking pain we are talking life and death with little regard to my husband's feelings. Dr Bettes listens, cares & understands how much we can hurt inside as well as outside. I think he's great.

September 1st, 2011
Fabulous physician, extremely caring, and great injectionist!
Dr. Betts is a great doctor who gives outstanding injections. Best head injections I ever had. He has helped me several times when my regular doctors were not available. He is very honest, caring, professional, and skilled. I have recommended him to several people. I suffer excruciating headache conditions (multifactorial, which are very hard to treat), spine issues, and shoulder pain, and he has always helped me in my time of need. Great staff too! Rating: 10+.

March 17th, 2011
Dr Betts was rude to me and had an opinion that I've never heard before. It took forever to get seen and when I finally did see him all he could tell me was that he didn't want to help me and to leave. worst doctor i've seen.

February 16th, 2011
I asked Dr. Betts to finish listening to my history and he frequently cut me off. Before finishing my patient history form he said that he would finish it during the exam as we talked. He quickly diagnosed me before allowing me to finish. I asked him to continue to listen which he did (for no more then 2 minutes.) Then he gave me a different diagnosis, outside of the scope of his practice. I asked him to continue to listen as chronic pain history (severe 8 years) takes more then 2 minutes. I began to inform him of outside diagnosis that were contrary to his diagnosis. He stopped me disregarding my statements and was clear that I was being treated with the wrong medications. He never touched my body which seems inappropriate considering I was there for pain management. His diagnosis was that I had a psychiatric condition and that he could not help me.

February 4th, 2011
Professional / Caring
Wow, whomever wrote that scathing report sure didn't see the Dr. Betts I saw and was treated by. He treated very professionally .... walks all of his patients out to the waiting area. Would recommend very highly