Dr. Andres Forero-Torres MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 14th, 2014
The best Doctor-Person
Dr. Andres Forero was my mom´s oncologist in Colombia 16 years ago and he is the kindest person I have ever met. My mom, Maria Eugenia Gonzalez, was too sick so she didn´t make it, she died 15 years ago because of breast cancer. But she kept in her heart nothing but gratefulness to Dr. Andres. She was so thankful, she gave him a beautiful oil painting she did, I think it was one of the last ones she painted. I hope everything is going well with him, he deserves all the blessings. :)

September 11th, 2013
find another dr.
I can see dr. forero-torres has very mixed reviews. Given that cancer is such an important diagnosis and treatment I want to say Dr. forero-torres seemed so nice and caring at first when my cancer follow up was routine. When things got complicated and hard for me he would not answer questions and became almost hostile with conversations questioning diagnosis and treatment. Made me feel stressed in an already bad time. On top of everything else he was WRONG. When i felt like my cancer came back he refused to send me for CT or biopsy -took a look at me and said - you do not have cancer! He was WRONG- I got biopsy at another hospital and my cancer had returned. Much more I could add about his lack of care but I will leave it at - PLEASE find another dr. Do not take a chance.

April 9th, 2013
Awesome Physican!!!
I was diagnoised with Triple Negative Breast Cancer in 2008. Dr. Forreo has been my onocologist since the beginning and I am so thankful God put him in my live. He has cried and rejoiced with me. He is the most compassionate and caring, not to mention incredibly brilliant doctor I have ever seen. I am now cancer free for almost 5 years thanks to him. I don't have enough nice things to say about him.

June 2nd, 2012
This man lies to you about true prognosis. Shame on you. I was left in hospital ward with doctors that did not know me. He refused to come and see me and answer my questions.

May 17th, 2011
So very Sweet.
I was 18 years years old when I found out I had breast cancer. I'm 19 years old now. He is so very sweet, he treated me like I was the only one there. He gave me one on one treatment and told me to not be ashamed to ask any questions. He is the best of the best. you are missing out if you do not have him as your doctor.

May 5th, 2010
Enthusiastic, extremely caring professional
Dr. Forero has literally extended my life. Although I have metastatic breast cancer, he has helped give me the gift of years. He is so enthusiastic, extremely caring, and gently straightforward. For the eight years I have known him, he has been very accessible and unwavering in his dedication to fight this cancer. Being in his presence, makes me feel better in mind, body, soul, and spirit. I have the highest respect for him, and I am most grateful that this brilliant man is my doctor.

April 22nd, 2010
not a good choice
maybe my experience was not typical, but this doctor is so bad. Not good in oncology. Caused much stress and diagnosis was not accurate.Do not see this physician

September 29th, 2009
Disappointed in follow-up
Though Dr. Forero is my medical oncologist I have had no contact with him. His nurse met with me at my first and only appt. thus far. I have an appt. coming up that will hopefully afford me an opportunity to meet with him. It has been almost a year since my diagnosis with breast cancer. I am anxious and terribly disappointed with follow-up and care. I am hopeful that my fear and anxiety will be unfounded. It would have been, of course, comforting, to say the least, if I had been able to see my doctor before now.

January 23rd, 2009
Simply the BEST
Do not settle for anything less that the best for your loved one.This doctor I was so very impressed with from the time I first met him. I felt that he would do anything to help anyone and he has devoted a lifetime to cancer research. If you want the Best go see Andres Forero at UAB in Birmingham.