A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Andres Gelrud:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Andres Gelrud is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Gelrud
Influenza Patient Education Learn all about influenza and common symptoms of the flu as well as treating this type of viral infection.Before Visiting Dr. Gelrud Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Andres Gelrud, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Esophageal Diseases
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Pancreatectomy (Pancreas Removal)
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Gelrud graduated from Universidad Central Del Caribe, Bayamon. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Gelrud has 15 hospital affiliations:
- UPMC Presbyterian/Shadyside
- The University of Chicago Medicine
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Andres Gelrud MD is a male Internist, has 17 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Andres Gelrud practice?
- Dr. Andres Gelrud has 2 office locations.
Dr. Andres Gelrud practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Pittsburgh, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Chicago, IL.
See Pittsburgh Internists and Pittsburgh Gastroenterologists.