A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Andres Gelrud:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Andres Gelrud is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Gelrud
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Gelrud Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Andres Gelrud, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Esophageal Diseases
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Pancreatectomy (Pancreas Removal)
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Gelrud graduated from Universidad Central Del Caribe, Bayamon. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Gelrud has 15 hospital affiliations:
- UPMC Presbyterian/Shadyside
- The University of Chicago Medicine
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Andres Gelrud MD is a male Internist, has 18 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Andres Gelrud practice?
- Dr. Andres Gelrud has 2 office locations.
Dr. Andres Gelrud practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Pittsburgh, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Chicago, IL.
See Pittsburgh Internists and Pittsburgh Gastroenterologists.