February 12th, 2015
Immedietly put me at ease. Extremely polite. Respect. & trust him completely .

January 2nd, 2015
clerk for clerk of the circuit court
I used to see Dr. Kanner in Chicago and I have not been the same since. He is the BEST doctor that I have ever been to. I saw him for 18 years, I am 59and I glad for all the people who see him now.

August 5th, 2014
Student
He is the absolute best!

May 21st, 2014
Former Patient
I considered flying to Miami to continue seeing Dr. Kanner once he moved away from Chicago. An amazing doctor. Smart, compassionate, calm, and very aware of patient's needs. The wait time is sometimes long, but it is absolutely worth it. He spends the necessary time with patients, and personally, I'd much rather wait for a doctor for 30 minutes and have quality care than be rushed. Truly one of the best doctors for epilepsy in the nation.

July 8th, 2013
Patient- epilepsy
Dr. Kanner was my neurologist for over 20 years. He found the correct medicnes for me and I did not have any seizures for 15 years. When my seizures suddenly restarted, he was still there for me. The only reason he is not going to be my doctor any more is because he's moving up the ladder and has to move. Congratulations to him, and best wishes from my family and I.

October 12th, 2012
The best neurologist I have ever seen, bar none. He was the first one to take the time to properly diagnose my epilepsy, and the first one to explain the area of the brain that the seizures were coming from. He was very caring and also explained everything to my family.

July 5th, 2012
He truely cares about you!
I have never met a doctor that cares as much as Dr. Kanner does. He takes as much time as you need with him, really listens to what you are saying and what you need. He will go out of his way to do everything he possibly can for your medical needs. He completely turned my life around. I was averageing 30 seizures a month before I started seeing Dr. Kanner and now I have been seizure free for 19 years. In my eyes, he is my hero.

April 26th, 2012
Changed Neuro's and he is my new neuro. He is fantastic!!

September 15th, 2011
Until I started seeing Dr. Kanner at the Epilepsy Clinic, my only complaint was sometimes the wait. The wait is a minor complaint to his expertise and compassion. I wouldn't consider seeing any other Dr. than Dr. Kanner. Besides, who do you know that is Board Certified in 3 different but slightly similiar professions? He's very well rounded in anything pertaining to the brain.

September 3rd, 2009
Dr. Kanner is the BEST for Epilepsy/Depression/ADHD treatment
I've been seeing Dr. Kanner for over 12 years now and inspite of appt. wait time, wouldn't ever consider another Doctor for my treatment. His wait time is a direct result of the time he spends with each patient and how much he cares.

August 15th, 2009
Don't go anywhere else for your epilepsy treatment. Dr. kanner's nurse practitioner is professional and courteous and a great complement to the practice. Please ignore the previous poster's ignorance. She has a chip on her shoulder regarding this matter.

February 2nd, 2008
Dr. Kanner is a fabulous, professional, extremely smart, caring physician with a fantastic bedside manner to boot. I am extremely lucky that he is my physician. May run behind...a lot...but makes it up by not rushing you in appointments at all. His nurse practitioner, Marlis, is terrible, I think, but she really helps him out a lot. Don't ever see Marlis- go straight to the source.