Dr. Andrew Wagner MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 24th, 2016
Impressed and Thankful
I am originally from the Boston area, but now live out of state in Huntsville, AL. Earlier this year, I began to experience pain in my kidney. I was sent for an ultrasound due to suspicions of kidney stones. As a result of this ultrasound, I was referred to an Urologist in Huntsville who then sent me for an MRI. This MRI determined that I had a complex cyst in the middle of my kidney. After consulting with a few of his colleagues, he determined that I would have to have my whole kidney removed. It was possible that the cyst was cancerous. I am a type 1 diabetic so losing a kidney is not an ideal situation. After speaking with my Primary Care Physician that I had in Boston, she strongly advised me to return to Boston and meet with Dr. Wager. She said that if anyone could save my kidney, it would be him. I flew to Boston the next day and was able to meet with him a few days later. I also met with his Nurse Practitioner Jodi. They were both very knowledgeable, understanding, and kind. After reviewing the MRI I had done in Huntsville, Dr. Wagner was confident that he could perform a partial nephrectomy and save 2/3rds of my kidney. Dr. Wagner performed the surgery and was able to save 3/4ths of my kidney. I have read another review that prompted me to write this review. The reviewer stated that Dr. Wagner was arrogant. This was certainly not the case with my experience. Dr. Wagner listened to me and answered all of my questions, as well as my parents questions. He was very patient with us, and reviewed all of the different scenarios possible with the surgery. He explained the recovery period and what follow up visits would be needed. I did not find Dr. Wagner arrogant at all. He was extremely confident in his skills and this made me feel confident about the outcome of the surgery. I would also commend his staff, who were very attentive and helpful, especially his Nurse Practitioner Jodi, who has been available by phone and email for any questions I have had both prior to and following the operation. To be honest, meeting with Dr. Wagner and Jodi was the first breath of fresh air, and light that I saw during this whole process, and that feeling of reassurance lasted throughout my time in their direct care. I can’t thank them enough. I was very impressed overall with my entire experience, I could not have asked for a better Surgeon, Nurse Practitioner, Surgical Team, Hospital Staff, and Hospital Nurses during that difficult and scary time.

February 12th, 2015
IF you want patient respect, skip this doctor
He may be an excellent doctor but very arrogant.

August 9th, 2017