Dr. Andrew Arthur MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

no change

October 12th, 2016
All around great experience!
My 15 year old son had Dr.Arthur repair his ACL. Dr.Arthur and his team of nurses were so genuinely kind and professional. The day of his surgery my son was so nervous and everyone made him feel comfortable and assured him he was in good hands. And that he was!! Dr.Arthur is very knowledgeable, informative and breaks it down for any age to understand.

April 4th, 2016
Great guy. Friendly and helpful. Had a great bedside manner. I would highly recommend him to friends and family.

October 8th, 2015
Don't waste your time
Went to get help for an ankle issue that was causing so much pain that I could hardly walk. His assistant came into the room asked me a couple of questions and said "well it could be Gout" really I thought to myself? If he would have asked about my past injuries to my ankle and what my symptoms were, he might not have sounded so stupid! My ankle only hurt during weight barring activities. Over the years, I have fractured my ankle and have had many severe sprains. He ordered x-rays, Dr Arthur came in didn't seem to really care much about my injury at all. He looked at the xray, said a few things about noticing the past injuries in the Xray, said ice and take Ibuprofen. As I was leaving he says, if it doesn't get better let us know. What a waste of my time and money. Three weeks later I still have pain when I walk and can't do much else. Would never go back to see him again, he didn't care to help me with my issue at all. Funny thing is, he says he loves to help people with sports injuries, maybe only current athletes. My injuries today are directly related to sports from the past and he didn't give a crap at all!

April 24th, 2015
Staff and surgery center were extremely competent and pleasant. Surgery went very well. Quick recovery!

July 17th, 2013
I went to him because I had an urgent need for pain relief so I could continue to function and work. I had an injection(4 weeks prior to this appointment) that provided relief for about 2 weeks. The injection was a steroid/pain medication combination. The Doctor could have done one of the following: 1. Taken fluid out of my knee to relieve the pressure. 2. Injected steroid to help with pain. 3. Injected pain medication. 4. Injected a lubricating solution. 5. Any combination of above. What was his professional action. Set me up with a MRI and send me on my way with no relief and no intervention. In this day and age where people can search reviews and write them. I think he would be better suited to work on cars I am very angry about the treatment I received. I would give him an "F".

March 22nd, 2013
Rude and abrupt
My regular surgeon was unavailable to give me the second of a set of three knee injections. After a 45 minute wait, Dr. Arthur swept into the room and prepared to give me the injection. I asked if he was going to give me Lidocaine first, as my regular physician does, and he ACTUALLY GAVE AN EXASPERATED SIGH AND ROLLED HIS EYES. He said it's just an extra step and did I really want it? I said that I did want the Lidocaine, and he stepped out of the room to get it. When he came back in, he was very cold and said, "You know, I have a lot of patients." I thought, "Yes, that's what I am and right now it's my turn! I waited 45 minutes for this." Of course I didn't think to say that at the time, I just apologized repeatedly. Isn't it his job as a physician to make his patients comfortable? He administered the shot swiftly and swept out of the room. I felt humiliated for speaking up and asking for Lidocaine. If you want a doctor who will listen to you and attend to your needs, then Dr. Arthur is not for you.