inactive

Andrew M Atkinson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 9th, 2016
One of the best
Dr Atkinson is professional with the patience and respect to listen to what you have to say. He goes above and beyond for the care of his patients. he is exceptional.

December 21st, 2015
Great dr
Overall a great dr

December 17th, 2015
Dr. Atkinson is very prompt in his appointments and is very professional, courteous, with a friendly and outgoing personality.

October 21st, 2015
Patient
Dr. Atkinson listens to our problems and concerns and offers options. He will give us his recommendations to help us make a choice.

October 5th, 2015
Love Dr. Atkinson would recommend to everyone,

September 9th, 2015
this office takes forever to get a prescription filled I have been out since a sunday I called on tue Monday was a holiday here it is wed and still no pills they just don't care

July 13th, 2015
Never had a problem...

March 8th, 2015
You will not find a more professional, caring, prompt internist in the Melbourne area. Dr. Atkinson is thorough in his evaluation, has a wonderful bedside manner, and is always, always prompt. It is not unusual for Dr. Atkinson to walk into the examining room exactly at the appointment time! Wonderful!!!

December 3rd, 2014
Nice guy, good doc, rude staff
I have seen Dr. Adkinson for nearly twenty years and as a doctor he has been friendly, consistent, and prompt. He talks to me about my health - test results, what they mean, if there is something I can do that doesn't require medication, and when necessary we go with medication. I feel very much included in my health care options. He respects that I am not comfortable with being "examined" so he does what he needs but unless I point something out he will not "explore". As a working professional, I don't have lots of time to spend in doctor offices and I have rarely waited longer than about 5 minutes either in the lobby or the exam room. I have learned to come prepared with questions and refill requests (more efficient to tell them what I need). The office staff is a very different situation. They can be down right rude. And I have to wait long periods of time just to make an appointment. I called in with a problem and was told the nurse would call me back. I didn't hear anything that day and ended up calling them the next day. The doctor wanted me to go get some tests but it took several days to get them though the front office so I could schedule them. I rarely have health issues so this was a little surprising to me. I understand that they speak to cranky people but I am not one of those; well, until now.

October 26th, 2012
Andy feels like a friend!
Dr. Atkinson makes me feel like he really cares about me and how I am doing.He advises me on what I should do (knowing I probably won't) without dictating. At my age (69) he knows me, suggests, and leaves the decision up to me. He respects me but I know if it was something serious, he would kick my butt and dictate. I feel lucky to have him as my doctor.

May 16th, 2011
Dr. Atkinson was my Primary Care Physician for 10 years and during that time fulfilled my expectations most of that time. However, he prescribed a drug to me that was ineffective in curing an illness, which resulted in my needlessly remaining ill for a whole month.This doctor has an annoying habit of ending patient visitations by abruptly exclaiming "wait" and immediately leaving the examination room and disappearing until an attendant shows up and directs the patient to the counter.My terminal difficulty with Dr. Atkinson was learing of his inconsiderate decision to DENY SEEING patients who show up for appointments as little as ONE-MINUTE late and requiring them to reschedule their appointments for a later time. I was personally late (6 minutes) for the first time in 10 years and was forced to reschedule my appointment to see Dr. Atkinson's PA 1-1/2 hours later. I then personally observed another late and obviously ill patient being denied seeing Dr. Atkinson and when she protested, he personally appeared and again declined to see her, then callously quipped, "Please don't fire me!" as he walked away....at that moment I FIRED HIM and began looking for another doctor!

October 29th, 2010
Socializer
It is very difficult to get in to see him. Usually when I call for an appointment I am referred to the PA. After a year of being referred to the PA, when I called for an appointment for very serious issue, I was told since I hadn't seen Dr Atkinson for a year, I would be considered a new patient and Dr Atkinson wasn't taking new patients. Its just as well because when I did see Dr Atkinson, he was more interested in discussing the marathons he particpated in or some social activity rather than my medical issues. His office staff is very rude. I have since found a great doctor that I am very happy with. Oh by the way his office recently contacted me to ask if I wanted to be my patient. I politely said "No Thank you"