Dr. Andrew Atkinson MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 21st, 2017
Great
Very personable and great communication. Is very caring and as far as I'm concerned the best Doctor I've ever had.

February 5th, 2017
Not thorough
I went to Dr. Atkinson due to several personal health concerns. He doesn't take the time to listen to your concerns. He barely looks you in the eye. He's the type to diagnose you through Web MD. I would NEVER recommend him as a primary care doctor.

November 9th, 2016
One of the best
Dr Atkinson is professional with the patience and respect to listen to what you have to say. He goes above and beyond for the care of his patients. he is exceptional.

December 21st, 2015
Great dr
Overall a great dr

December 17th, 2015
Dr. Atkinson is very prompt in his appointments and is very professional, courteous, with a friendly and outgoing personality.

October 21st, 2015
Patient
Dr. Atkinson listens to our problems and concerns and offers options. He will give us his recommendations to help us make a choice.

October 5th, 2015
Love Dr. Atkinson would recommend to everyone,

September 9th, 2015
this office takes forever to get a prescription filled I have been out since a sunday I called on tue Monday was a holiday here it is wed and still no pills they just don't care

July 14th, 2015
Never had a problem...

March 8th, 2015
You will not find a more professional, caring, prompt internist in the Melbourne area. Dr. Atkinson is thorough in his evaluation, has a wonderful bedside manner, and is always, always prompt. It is not unusual for Dr. Atkinson to walk into the examining room exactly at the appointment time! Wonderful!!!

December 3rd, 2014
Nice guy, good doc, rude staff
I have seen Dr. Adkinson for nearly twenty years and as a doctor he has been friendly, consistent, and prompt. He talks to me about my health - test results, what they mean, if there is something I can do that doesn't require medication, and when necessary we go with medication. I feel very much included in my health care options. He respects that I am not comfortable with being "examined" so he does what he needs but unless I point something out he will not "explore". As a working professional, I don't have lots of time to spend in doctor offices and I have rarely waited longer than about 5 minutes either in the lobby or the exam room. I have learned to come prepared with questions and refill requests (more efficient to tell them what I need). The office staff is a very different situation. They can be down right rude. And I have to wait long periods of time just to make an appointment. I called in with a problem and was told the nurse would call me back. I didn't hear anything that day and ended up calling them the next day. The doctor wanted me to go get some tests but it took several days to get them though the front office so I could schedule them. I rarely have health issues so this was a little surprising to me. I understand that they speak to cranky people but I am not one of those; well, until now.

October 26th, 2012
Andy feels like a friend!
Dr. Atkinson makes me feel like he really cares about me and how I am doing.He advises me on what I should do (knowing I probably won't) without dictating. At my age (69) he knows me, suggests, and leaves the decision up to me. He respects me but I know if it was something serious, he would kick my butt and dictate. I feel lucky to have him as my doctor.