Dr. Andrew Barrett Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Andrew Barrett?

October 21st, 2014

Patient

Dr. Barrett performed a cataract removal and did an excellent job.

March 26th, 2014

I had gone undiagnosed for several years with glaucoma at my old eye doctor. Dr. Barrett picked it up on my first visit with him. Now I'm being treated with medication and hopefully will not encounter any more vision loss. Who knows how long I had it.

August 10th, 2013

Terrible experience

My appointment with Dr. Barrett was the worst experience I have ever had during a doctor's appointment of any kind. He spent almost no time with me, did not explain what he checked (if anything), spoke into a tape recorder instead of speaking to me, and abruptly ended the appointment after answering only one question.

April 17th, 2012

cataract operation

during all of the preop consults with Barrett he emphasized how the operation was going to improve my vision. After the operation the vision in the eye that was operated on was WORSE then it was before the operation. I also had a problem that made it seem as though I was looking out of a tunnel. When I saw Barrett he didn't attempt to explain the poor vision problem, just wrote me a prescription for new glasses and told me that the other problem was just light reflecting off the scar and that it would go away as the scar healed. It didn't go away and in fact got worse. After I complained to another doctor in the practice about my worsened vision and the tunnel effect Barrett scheduled another visit for me. At that visit he acknowledged that the vision in the eye that he operated on was worse after the operation. He also acknowledged that the "tunnel" effect was the result of light reflecting off of the edge of the intraocular lens. Barrett told me that the only possible correction for the poor vision was a "piggy back" implant of another intraocular lens. That might correct the vision problem but might not correct the problem with light reflecting off the lens and creating the tunnel vision effect. If I had it to over I spent a lot of time researching the actual operation but I should have spent more time researching the doctor who was going to perform the operation.

March 8th, 2017