Dr. Andrew Bender MD Patient Reviews

3.0

March 3rd, 2016
After Care
Surgery went fine. Dr Bender is a rather skilled physician. However, a huge concern I have now is that while being told that I shouldn't be concerned about addiction to the pain killers prescribed to me for pain, it appears that is not the case. Plus, being told the same thing at Shady Grove Hospital at the pre-op get together also is not cool. While the addiction is rather concerning, in talking to Dr Bender, they seem to have no set plan for weaning an indivdual off the drug. This is rather alarming. The side affects of Oxicodene are rather severe. To ask the patient to experiment with reducing dosage over time is not a responsible action that I would expect from an experienced doctor. I have look to the internet and additional doctors now to find out the best way to wean myself off the drug. This problem should be something the practice knows how to handle. Not right

July 28th, 2015
Dismissive and condescending
Dr. Bender spent more time walking in and out of the room than listening to symptoms. He was dismissive to my pain and was condescending when asked a question. Assured me that he wasn't wrong and that I needed to move on.

November 29th, 2014
Terrible doctor
Dr. bender doesn't listen and doesn't allow you the opportunity to ask questions. He will pull on your injured leg in a rough manner. Afterwards he will give you a brochure. Save yourselves the time and co-pay; the internet provides better care than this.
Doctor's Response

Thank you for choosing Shady Grove Orthopaedics for your care. Excellent patient service is something we are continually striving for and hoping to achieve with every patient. We apologize for not meeting your expectations, and we would like the opportunity to resolve this with you. Please call (301) 340-9200 to speak with Danielle Michael, our Practice Liaison in charge of patient satisfaction, to discuss your experience further. Thank you.