Dr. Andrew Berchuck Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Andrew Berchuck?

Posted on September 26th, 2017

Excellent, compassionate physician

Run run run

Posted on October 8th, 2016

Any doctor other then Dr. Berchuck would be a better choice. He has no manners at all. I am so mad at myself for letting him do my surgery. Just ran away from him.

bad experience

Posted on September 23rd, 2014

Terrible experience. You would think the man was mute and burned out taking care of patients. missing the biggest element of care-human contact. Does not communicate as cancer phases progress. Limited support for progressive cancer. Does not believe in ct scans. Just another cancer number to get thru his day

Would not recommend him

Posted on August 18th, 2013

He may have a high up position in Duke, but I would never recommend him to anybody close. His diagnosis was okay and his patient care was terrible. Treated me like just a number. Never going to him again. I cannot understand how Duke put a man like him as Director of Oncology.

Posted on July 5th, 2013

Dr, Berchuck is an excellent gyn oncologist. His skills in handling complex cases are exceptional.

Dr. Berchuck

Posted on May 16th, 2013

He has no bedside manner, has a God like attitude . Does not elaborate on things. But I do trust his medical judgement, knowledge and surgical skills. His staff makes up for his short comings .

Posted on May 13th, 2013

I love Dr. Berchuck. He is the BEST!! He is the reason I am alive today. I am a 3 1/2 year, stage IIIC Ovarian Cancer survivor. After having tests in my local town that indicated Ovarian Cancer, I was told it would be several weeks before I could see the local GYN Oncologist. Not satisfied with that, I called Dr. Berchuck's office at Duke on Wednesday. By that Friday I had an appt. with him and after looking at my test results, he already had me scheduled for surgery on Tuesday. I then went through chemo and continue to have 3 month checkups. I feel Dr. Berchuck is VERY competent and has been very honest and forthright in our many discussions we have had. I couldn't be happier with the treatment and care I have received from Dr. Berchuck, Kim, Charlotte and the rest of his staff.

My experience

Posted on March 22nd, 2013

Highest ranked program in NC for GYN cancers in my research. I do not think he is at all arrogant, I do think he is a little shy and very busy. He does tend to give yes and no answers. In my visits (now going on two years), I have rarely, if ever, had to wait more than 30 minutes before seeing him. He is very timely. At times the wait for treatment in the infusion center can be really long. This is a top notch doctor and quality care.

Awesome

Posted on February 22nd, 2013

I owe my life to Dr Berchuck he went above and beyond. I am very impressed with his knowledge and desire to work with cancer, I have read some of the not so nice reviews and I do believe that if I wanted someone to be a buddy I would not want cancer to find that person if I want an extremely good Dr then I want him to be a focused Dr with knowledge on my cancer and that is what I found. It has been six years since my stage 3 diagnosis and all is great. He really does care but he is also someone with extreme intelligence and they are always thinking so maybe not so chatty I have chatty people in my life but they are not who I look to to save my like. Thank you for all you have done for me.

Not what you think he is based on his accreditations

Posted on July 31st, 2012

His opinion of himself is that if he can't cur you, no one can. His staff is horrific, atrocious and pathetic....andvthat's on a good day...go to anyone but him for gyn oncology. EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING, especially based on his accreditations.

Outstanding team.

Posted on June 8th, 2012

I am grateful for my affiliation with Dr. Berchuck and his team, I trust them with my cancer care.

Horrible. Would NEVER recommend him

Posted on January 22nd, 2012

Terrible doctor. Cannot believe Duke hired him. Would never recommend him to anybody. Could tell he saw me as just another number than a patient. Went to him once and never came back. Spent 10 minutes max with me. Didn't care much, no compassion. Would recommend anyone to see another doctor rather than Dr. Berchuck. Horrible experience.