Dr. Andrew Berchuck Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Andrew Berchuck?

Urinary Incontinence

Urinary Incontinence

Have you seen Dr. Andrew Berchuck?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

October 8th, 2016

Run run run

Any doctor other then Dr. Berchuck would be a better choice. He has no manners at all. I am so mad at myself for letting him do my surgery. Just ran away from him.

September 23rd, 2014

bad experience

Terrible experience. You would think the man was mute and burned out taking care of patients. missing the biggest element of care-human contact. Does not communicate as cancer phases progress. Limited support for progressive cancer. Does not believe in ct scans. Just another cancer number to get thru his day

August 18th, 2013

Would not recommend him

He may have a high up position in Duke, but I would never recommend him to anybody close. His diagnosis was okay and his patient care was terrible. Treated me like just a number. Never going to him again. I cannot understand how Duke put a man like him as Director of Oncology.

July 5th, 2013

Dr, Berchuck is an excellent gyn oncologist. His skills in handling complex cases are exceptional.

May 16th, 2013

Dr. Berchuck

He has no bedside manner, has a God like attitude . Does not elaborate on things. But I do trust his medical judgement, knowledge and surgical skills. His staff makes up for his short comings .

May 13th, 2013

I love Dr. Berchuck. He is the BEST!! He is the reason I am alive today. I am a 3 1/2 year, stage IIIC Ovarian Cancer survivor. After having tests in my local town that indicated Ovarian Cancer, I was told it would be several weeks before I could see the local GYN Oncologist. Not satisfied with that, I called Dr. Berchuck's office at Duke on Wednesday. By that Friday I had an appt. with him and after looking at my test results, he already had me scheduled for surgery on Tuesday. I then went through chemo and continue to have 3 month checkups. I feel Dr. Berchuck is VERY competent and has been very honest and forthright in our many discussions we have had. I couldn't be happier with the treatment and care I have received from Dr. Berchuck, Kim, Charlotte and the rest of his staff.

March 22nd, 2013

My experience

Highest ranked program in NC for GYN cancers in my research. I do not think he is at all arrogant, I do think he is a little shy and very busy. He does tend to give yes and no answers. In my visits (now going on two years), I have rarely, if ever, had to wait more than 30 minutes before seeing him. He is very timely. At times the wait for treatment in the infusion center can be really long. This is a top notch doctor and quality care.

February 22nd, 2013

Awesome

I owe my life to Dr Berchuck he went above and beyond. I am very impressed with his knowledge and desire to work with cancer, I have read some of the not so nice reviews and I do believe that if I wanted someone to be a buddy I would not want cancer to find that person if I want an extremely good Dr then I want him to be a focused Dr with knowledge on my cancer and that is what I found. It has been six years since my stage 3 diagnosis and all is great. He really does care but he is also someone with extreme intelligence and they are always thinking so maybe not so chatty I have chatty people in my life but they are not who I look to to save my like. Thank you for all you have done for me.

July 31st, 2012

Not what you think he is based on his accreditations

His opinion of himself is that if he can't cur you, no one can. His staff is horrific, atrocious and pathetic....andvthat's on a good day...go to anyone but him for gyn oncology. EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING, especially based on his accreditations.

June 8th, 2012

Outstanding team.

I am grateful for my affiliation with Dr. Berchuck and his team, I trust them with my cancer care.

January 22nd, 2012

Horrible. Would NEVER recommend him

Terrible doctor. Cannot believe Duke hired him. Would never recommend him to anybody. Could tell he saw me as just another number than a patient. Went to him once and never came back. Spent 10 minutes max with me. Didn't care much, no compassion. Would recommend anyone to see another doctor rather than Dr. Berchuck. Horrible experience.

December 27th, 2011

One Patient

Love Dr. Berchuck. I was fortunate to get in to see him quickly when I called with a biopsy and diagnosis and I was also fortunate that he was able to schedule my surgery very quickly. He may not be very "chatty" but he is very good at what he does and has a very strong treatment team to work with. There are not all that many Oncologic Gynecologists out there in general, let alone of this caliber, so sometimes you have to wait in line, but I could not be happier with anyone else or more confident that I had the best surgeon for optimal results.