2.9

July 24th, 2016
Worst experience ever!
Dr. Bishop is very rude and judgemental! He doesn't care what you have to say, and is extremely inconsiderate. He is in the medical field for the money, because he doesn't have to caring personality at all!

July 8th, 2016
Don't expect warm and cozy
If you happen to have time to review ratings, please check out what's out there. My experience was similar to many others. Anxiety, depression, and stress for me through the roof. About to pop my bubble and lose everything but the staff didn't consider my perspective nor did they take time to listen. I think you'll find him to be similar. More interested in you paying the bill than helping with your problems.

April 11th, 2016
rudest staff every encountered at a doctors office

February 1st, 2016
I saw him after husband passed. I liked him . this was 1992.

December 30th, 2015
He used to be great!
I began seeing Dr. Bishop in 1987 in Monroe, LA and he was the first psychiatrist I could actually talk to and when he stopped working here and moved back to Jackson, MS, I kept seeing him and drove to Jackson for my appointments. He was very helpful, accurately diagnosed me and seemed to really care and listen to me. He tried different medications until he found the ones to help me the most with my depression, generalized anxiety disorder and panic attacks. I continued to see him until 1999. My mental problems had caused stomach problems for me since 1981 and I would frequently (sometimes 3 or 4 times per year) end up in the hospital with dehydration. My gastroenterologist told me that I needed to find a doctor locally to treat me and I believe he spoke to Dr. Bishop, so after 12 years of treating me, he dropped me like a hot potato. Now this is a man I had confided in and trusted totally for 12 years and I had also been in a terrible accident in 1993, so I also have PTSD. Anyway I tried local psychiatrists but I could not talk to them. I asked him a couple of times to please continue to treat me but he refused. I have never felt so betrayed and I think it is terrible thing for a psychiatrist to do to someone who has trusted in him for so long. I think he became a doctor for the right reasons to begin with but sounds like he is not caring anymore. I still have not been able to trust another doctor and confide in anyone since he dropped me. He hurt me so bad and I don't think I will ever get over this. Thanks Dr. Bishop, I never ever expected this from you.

December 30th, 2015
Great doctor I've been going to him since my divorce and has helped me through it tremendously! A good godly man!

October 22nd, 2015
This Dr only cares about money

May 21st, 2015
Doesn't care just want your money

May 7th, 2015
Disappointed
Initially I ignored the bad reviews I read, thinking they were probably irrational people. I am clearly in the wrong. I've had to cancel 2 appointments after taking off work to get my son there because we waited over 1 1/2 hrs and there were still 3 patients in front of us. DO NOT take your child here. They told me they treated adolescents and clearly Dr. Bishop does NOT want to actually treat/help patients. Only wants to give a 5-10 minute "listen/talk" time, write prescriptions and get you out. I was told he would need to see a counselor when I expressed that I wanted him to be REALLY treated and have some type of plan to work with. He just wrote MORE medicine and referred us to another counselor. Will never go back and I would never recommend this clinic to anyone for any reason. You'd be better off going to the ER. My child will now have to go through trying to explain and get to know someone else on top of the issues he already has.

February 20th, 2015
So far so good.

July 1st, 2014
Visit
Overall I was very pleased with Dr Bishop on initial visit. He listened to everything I said and asked questions . Most of the complaints I have read can be easily avoided if the patient actually reads the information packet along with the questionaire. I will continue to see him .

April 8th, 2014
Dr Andrew Bishop is CRAZY
Dr Bishop is Bipolar. He is abusive to patients and doesn't care about anything but getting money. He should have his license to practice revoked due to his incapacity.