Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

|  My experience is like the others listed here  |  show details
by T. Moore on Apr 17th, 2014

I liked Dr Blankenau, he has decent clinical skills, however, John Mulford really brings down this practice. He is rude, has bad bedside manner and even practices poor clinical judgement. He told me I was going to injure my baby taking Lovenox. I didn't see him for Lovenox I saw him for a UTI while I was pregnant. The advice he gave me regarding my blood thinners was not only wrong, it was negligent. Had I taken his advice it would have put me and my baby at risk of death. Just as another patient said in here. Mulford's default response seems to be 'go to the ER' read "I am incapable of providing you with any treatment that is beyond that of needing a baby aspirin and a flinstone vitamin" What is the point of having an urgent care clinic if the NP is so inept he can't provide... basic... urgent care? Blankenau exercised poor professionalism by instead of addressing the obvious consistently poor practice of his NP (as evidenced by the many reviews similar to mine) he chose to tell me I was unprofessional by referring to his NP as Inept to his office staff when his NP referred me to the ER for superficial infection that did not necessitate an ER visit.

|  Don't recommend  |  show details
Jun 25th, 2013

Have seen John last few times I went. His favorite diagnosis seems to be go to the ER. Go to ER and nothing terrible other than a sinus infection or respiratory infection is wrong, yet now I have paid to see John and have an astronomical ER bill. Will no longer be going here and would not recommend it to anyone. It is a waste of money.

|  Bad Physician's Assistant  |  show details
Sep 26th, 2012

Dr. Blankenau has been a very good doctor. His treatment of our children has been wonderful, and my wife and I trust him and like him as well.Therefore I was extremely disappointed when I was seen by his physician's assistant, named John, Mulford.What made this worse was that not only was I ill but so was our youngest daughter, and John was equally poor with both of us.First of all, he was very rude.He had no patience for our little girl, and even barked at her when she squirmed a bit during his examination, which seemed rougher than it should have been, not caring at all.There's only one thing worse than seeing your child sick and miserable -- that is, a doctor who is uncaring and unhelpful toward her.She had been complaining about her ears hurting, which I told John, but he brushed that off and said her ears seemed fine.After he finished examining her, John diagnosed our child as having a bad cold, which surprised me, but I thought, "He's the medical professional."Well, John "the medical professional" turned out to be wrong, instead proving himself to be John the unmedical unprofessional. Four days later our daughter was even worse. She had not improved at all.There was no way, though, that we would go back to Denton Minor Emergency, even though John said to come back if the problems persisted. Could he have known then that he was only guessing at what our daughter's illness was? Was he trying to cover his bases? (And his big *ss?)My wife and I took her to the ER, where a REAL doctor -- NOT JOHN! -- diagnosed her with an ear infection. When I asked the doctor how John, a PA? a nurse?, could have gotten that diagnosis so wrong, the ER doctor shook his head in disbelief and said, "He sounds like a quack -- some people in the medical field should not be in the medical field at all. This John person would do better working at a 7-11 than with medically treating, and mistreating, people."The REAL doctor -- who our daughter liked, by the way, and who, it was obvious, was good with children, the way doctors are supposed to be, unlike John Mulford, told us that an ear infection, especially in a child, is one of the easiest conditions to diagnose and treat. He said our daughter had an untreated ear infection, and that it had been there at least a week before we took her to Denton Minor Emergency. He said that John should have realized what the problem was.But he did not. And he didn't seem to care.So our little girl struggled in pain,the last four days of which were all John Mulford's fault.That makes me so angry.At the ER, the REAL DOCTOR prescribed the correct medicine, not the junk that John Mulford prescribed, and within 36 hours our little girl was back to normal.Now, we don't want to have to go running to the ER every time someone in our family is sick.The reason we went and have gone to Denton Minor Emergency in the past is that Dr. Blankenau was very good and in general it is easier, faster and less expensive to go to an urgent care center instead of a hospital.But John the PA/Nurse has damaged the medical experience.And, by the way -- when John was finished misdiagnosing our daughter and scaring her with his barking and impatience -- I was not impressed with his treatment of my own illness.I told him I thought I'd caught bronchitis from my co-workers, but John disagreed.So after running several (unnecessary and expensive) tests, John decided that what I had was a virus. Understandably, I was less concerned with myself than with my daughter. While I was sure I'd come down with the office brochitis I didn't press the point.John laid out a treatment plan, and though I was uncertain, I followed it.Needless to say, when we brought our daughter to the ER four days later, I still felt as sick as I did the day I saw John, and I was still running a fever and coughing. My head was so stuffed up and congested that it felt like it would explode. The REAL DOCTOR in the ER just shook his head in disbelief. He wrote me some prescriptions, which was very nice. I think he felt sorry for us for our bad experience with John Mulford at Denton Minor Emergency.Well, our daughter got well really quickly and so did I.Bravo, REAL DOCTORS! Boo John Mulford.

|  show details
Aug 27th, 2012

Dr. Blankenau is a very good doctor. He is very thorough and professional. I felt well taken care of, and felt that he has always treated my wife and children very well also.We have had the good fortune to be treated by Dr. Blankenau for the last few years.However, some of his medical staff, on the other hand, is not as good.The female PA, Pat, is helpful and knowledgeable but the male, John, is not. That is a shame. He brings the practice down.

|  show details