Dr. Andrew Blankenau MD Patient Reviews

3.9

• Good
  • Bad

April 17th, 2014
My experience is like the others listed here
I liked Dr Blankenau, he has decent clinical skills, however, John Mulford really brings down this practice. He is rude, has bad bedside manner and even practices poor clinical judgement. He told me I was going to injure my baby taking Lovenox. I didn't see him for Lovenox I saw him for a UTI while I was pregnant. The advice he gave me regarding my blood thinners was not only wrong, it was negligent. Had I taken his advice it would have put me and my baby at risk of death. Just as another patient said in here. Mulford's default response seems to be 'go to the ER' read "I am incapable of providing you with any treatment that is beyond that of needing a baby aspirin and a flinstone vitamin" What is the point of having an urgent care clinic if the NP is so inept he can't provide... basic... urgent care? Blankenau exercised poor professionalism by instead of addressing the obvious consistently poor practice of his NP (as evidenced by the many reviews similar to mine) he chose to tell me I was unprofessional by referring to his NP as Inept to his office staff when his NP referred me to the ER for superficial infection that did not necessitate an ER visit.

June 25th, 2013
Don't recommend
Have seen John last few times I went. His favorite diagnosis seems to be go to the ER. Go to ER and nothing terrible other than a sinus infection or respiratory infection is wrong, yet now I have paid to see John and have an astronomical ER bill. Will no longer be going here and would not recommend it to anyone. It is a waste of money.

August 27th, 2012
Dr. Blankenau is a very good doctor. He is very thorough and professional. I felt well taken care of, and felt that he has always treated my wife and children very well also.We have had the good fortune to be treated by Dr. Blankenau for the last few years.However, some of his medical staff, on the other hand, is not as good.The female PA, Pat, is helpful and knowledgeable but the male, John, is not. That is a shame. He brings the practice down.

August 13th, 2012