Family Practitioner, General Practitioner

4250 E Camelback Rd
Ste K100
Phoenix, AZ 85018
602-224-9218
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by Kudzu.
 |  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
by TD on Jun 4th, 2014

Dr. Davey is an excellent doctor! I have been seeing him for about three years and I would recommend him to anyone. There has been times that I had to wait for awhile but there has been many more times that I get in at my appointment time. Do you really want to see a doctor that does not have a wait at times? When there are wait times it is only because he is an excellent doctor that is thorough and spends as much time needed with each patient. He has always listens to me, never has interrupts me, and has always had my best interest at hand. Not only has he taken the time to do a thorough exam and help with my heath issues he also takes the time to express interest in my personal life, such as, family and work. I also think that his MA has been caring and is excellent at her job. Dr. Davey and his MA (Jerrie) are very personable people that care about each and every one of the patients. Dr. Davey is an excellent doctor and an excellent man. I beleive anyone that posts anything different is misdirecting their anger. Very few doctors actually send in response to these reviews and I believe that fact that he does shows that he is caring and invested in helping patients. Thank you Dr. Davey and Jerrie to all the help and hope that you have given me over the past few years!

|  An ok Doctor with below average staff  |  show details
by A long time patient on Mar 10th, 2014

We were patients of Dr Davey for over three years. He was careful, thorough and rarely appeared to be a dedicated or driven MD. Dr Davy rarely ventured an opinion without supporting documentation such as tests. His staff often misplaced paperwork such as test results & prescriptions causing numerous phone calls to correct the situation Dr Davey either did not have the patience or the interest to work through cultural differences which caused unnecessary misunderstandings, stress and he occasionally came across insulting. Looking back should have sought out a different Doctor earlier .

|  Great Doctor - Not so great assistant  |  show details
Jun 25th, 2012

Dr. Davey is a wonderful, caring doctor - overworked, as most doctors are these days, but someone whose deep sense of caring and concern for his patients' welfare shines through. However, multiple problems with his assistant are probably going to mean that we will have to switch to another physician in the practice. Several unreturned phone calls, calling in the WRONG PRESCRIPTION to our phamacy, and - even after my husband reminded her of the lab test he had been getting for an onoing condition - marking off the WRONG and MORE EXPENSIVE test, speak to probable future problems if we ever become less diligent than we currently are about supervision of his care. This should not be the case, and I feel that this ineptitude on her part effectively compromises the great quality of care we have otherwise received in Dr. Davey's hands. We'll be sad to leave him if this issue is unable to be worked out satisfactorally.

|  Useless  |  show details
Apr 5th, 2012

I have been going to mountain view family physicians for 11 years. Everytime I see this doctor I leave without any knowledge of what is wrong with me or my kids. Everything is a virus for this doctor. I took my kid in with clear symptoms of strep throat and he sent us home with a virus diagnosis and never even performed a strep test. After I advised him that I don't have the time or money to come back if my son gets worse he advised me to go to the emergency room or urgent care.

|  Excellent Physician  |  show details
by Charlotte T. on Mar 29th, 2010

Dr. Davey has always been compassionate and listens to you when you describe what you are going through. When he deals with his own family problems, he still places his patients here and now. I drive 29 miles to see Dr. Davey when I could go to many physicians elsewhere. The wait is only due to the high volume of patients who also trust Dr. Davey and require to be seen in a day. I am very grateful for his services.

|  On the board  |  show details
Feb 19th, 2010

Save your time and gas this doctor will cut you off in mid sentence and has the poorest listening skills. He's on the medicare board and can care less of your concerns and what you have to say. He's cocky and very opinionated.

|  5 year patient, heart patient, ortho patient, you name it!  |  show details
by Charlotte on Nov 18th, 2009

First I wish to comment on the person who is so worried about your social security number. Trust me, if it's insurance, health whatever, as soon as you give your name and address they are looking at you social security number. You should understand, they are just trying to help you faster. Second, the team at Dr. Davey's office, as well as, Dr. Davey have always been efficient and kind. If I look something up on the internet about what I "think" ails me, Dr. Davey will literally pull it up on the web and discuss it with me to verify whether my concerns are true or not. If I would have an M.D. behind my name I'd have a better reason to think I know better about my medical illness. Also, I find that a kind word goes a thousand miles. Dr. Davey and his team are the ones dealing with people griping and complaining for 10 hours a day, not me. So, no matter how bad I think, I'm doing, I always try to say a kind work and I get a phenomenal response from the billing clerk to the nurses to the doctors in response. Dr. Davey has NEVER rushed me in and out of his office and has always apologized if he were running late because he spent a little extra time with the person before me. I'm grateful to have him and his team look after me in times of need. When I was in the military, I would wait sometimes 4.5 hours to be seen on an appointment. No complaints here.

|  Business Man in White Coat  |  show details
by RIch on Mar 24th, 2009

2 visits- same experience. Spent less than 5 minutes with me- did not have nurse take bp, did not listen to my heart, and so forth. (I'm a heart patient, and a medicaid one as well). He ordered no blood work (needs to be monitored because I take several meds). Of the 5 MDs that I visit each quarter, his office is the only one that demands copayment from medicaid patients before seeing them. Also, he would not give me a flu shot at my last visit, because, he said, there is a risk that he would not get reimbursed by medicaid. In my case flu shots are important because of lung problems. Other PCP's insist that I get flu shots, and make sure that I get them at their offices each year. I never have to ask. I switched PCPs, and, as always, did not need to ask for a flu shot, but was given one at my first visit. I view this MD as a pure businessman, and neither respect nor recommend him.

Doctor's Response

We never refuse flu vaccines, which are always covered by AHCCCS. If the flu vaccine is not available at the time of visit arrangements are made for a return when they are or to be sent to outside clinic which has them. "Medicaid" (AHCCCS in Arizona) has a $1.00 copay for office visits and we are required by the State of Arizona to request payment. Standard copays are collected while patients are waiting to be brought in to see the physician. This saves the patient time since they do not have to wait at the end of the appointment to handle their accounts. My assistant always takes the blood pressure and on most occaisions I also take the BP. In summary this patient's account of the office visit leaves me wondering if he is confusing me and my office with another physician's office or if he just has an ax to grind.

|  show details
by David M on Mar 24th, 2009

I had an illness that numerous tests did not show anything. At that point, Dr. Davey said it was time to see a specialist. I respected that he knew it was time to do so. He's an agreeable individual who spends more time with you than you'd expect. Nice office, always clean. I thinnk he us an excelleny Dr.

|  Privacy Violation  |  show details
Mar 18th, 2009

I would not recommend using this group (although not based on medical reasons of which I have no knowledge). They require your social security number or refuse to see you. There is no valid reason for this, particularly if you have insurance. You would not provide this information to your plumber or your hairdresser and there is no reason to provide it to Mountain View Family Physicians. There are lots of good doctors; go to one that respects your privacy.

Doctor's Response

Since this patient has no knowledge of our medical care, this comment should be disregarded. Medical visits involve the collection of data verifying a patient's identity and financial ability to pay. Insurance companies require social security numbers for identification. We have had experience with people using others identity to obtain medical care, and even drugs, fraudulently. If someone does not wish to identify themselves to our office in a verifiable fashion, we will be unable to treat them.

|  The BEST  |  show details
by solovei on Feb 14th, 2007 on kudzu.com

Very knowledgeble, thorough and personable. Explains everything and will not leave stone unturned. The kindest doctor ever!!!!

Read Full Review at kudzu.com