Obstetricians & Gynecologists
2201 Murphy Ave
Ste 103
Nashville, TN 37203
615-327-3603
Locations and availability (4)

Some ratings provided by CitySearch. Yahoo.
 |  New Mom  |  show details
Feb 28th, 2013

Shortly after moving to the Nashville area my husband and I got pregnant with our first child. Being new to the area, our first child and having no friends or family to count on we needed a doctor who could fill some big shoes. I resorted to online reviews to narrow my search as I had no resources to referrals. After reading several reviews on heathgrades.com and vitals.com I decided to meet with Dr. Chern. The wonderful reviews for Dr. Chern were no short comings. It wasn't long before my husband and I both came to trust, respect and appreciate Dr. Chern. He is very calm natured yet direct when needed (and I needed it a few times for him to tell me to "stop worrying", even though my husband has said it countless times). He's got a sense of humor (which meshed perfectly with my husband and I). And he knew how to keep me focused on what's happening now and not to get too far worrying about the months to come. I always left the appointments feeling my questions were answered and sometime left knowing more. He was always accomodating and respectful of my personal choices while still making sure I had all the information in making those tough decisions. I felt that I was not just a patient as he interacted and visited with me on a personal level. I ended up delivering 10 day early. Unfortunately, Dr. Chern was on vacation during this time, None of which was a surprise. He had a converstation with me weeks prior notifiying me of his absence and discussing what would happen on the chance I delivered early. I had hoped we wouldn't have to put Plan B into action as I had wanted Dr Chern to be there for the delivery as he had been with us for entire pregnancy. We missed him by a day! We are not in any form upset that he wasn't there - How in the world do Dr's ever get some personal time when they're on call 24/7 anyways! Just like anyone else they are entitled to a vacation. Needless to say, we were thrilled to have seen Dr. Chern arrive in our room the morning after delivery to say hello and check on us. Months after our son was born we once again moved. But had we had been able to stayed, Dr. Chern would have been our doctor for each and every one of our future babies! Thank you Dr. Chern for being there for two new parents - living miles away from friends & family - to ease their minds and relax their nerves. We were in good hands. And thank you to all the individuals who take the time to write reviews as I would have never found Dr. Chern if you hadn't.

|  Very Pleased  |  show details
Sep 17th, 2012

I was quite pleased with Dr Chern.He called me personally at home to let me know about my lab results.My husband and I were really impressed with that.

Jul 20th, 2012

This is my 6 th child and Dr Chern delivered 3.. Well I found him after 2 and I had 3 rd child with him then he didn't take my insurance with 4 th child but the 5th n 6 th I went back.. The doctor in between of the 1st 2nd and 4th you would have a appointment and still eating 1 hr to 4 hrs to see doc... With Dr Chern in and out I love it, I'm a patient person, but 2 hrs and on is rediculious , I think one time I had to see him he was in delivery I waited one hr at the most and had the option of coming back the next day but I weighted. It's a very clean office and all the staff becomes friends! Great Doctor!

|  dr chern is awsome  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2012

dr. chern is the best obgyn i could ever ask for he is kind and caring and his staff is wonderful. i wouldnt go anywhere else.

Apr 22nd, 2011

I went to Dr. Chern after my previous OB/GYN retired (who by the way, I thought was THE BEST. He was a little short with me on time and his attitude was okay. He has an excellent staff and that's why I kept going back. he delivered my 3rd child and let a few "choice" words come out in my presence ( which I find VERY offensive)after my husband left the delivery room with our baby. He couldn't find the place where I was bleeding so it became an unconfortable situation. After my son's birth, I saw him once during my 4 night stay at the hospital. After my check up, I decided he was not the GYN for me :(

|  mixed emotions  |  show details
by Kay Taylor at Citysearch on Jan 25th, 2011 on citysearch.com

|  mixed emotions  |  show details
by Kay Taylor at Citysearch on Jan 25th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Dr. Chern was my OB with my daughter and I had a great experience. The pregnancy however weas uncomplicated. The only problem was that I delivered quickly and he missed the birth ...but hey that happens.When I found myself pregnant again 11 months later I returned to Dr. Chern and everything went well until my 20 week ultrasound when my son was diagnosed with a heart defect. Dr. Chern became very distant and short unwilling to give us any info he simply told us \"if its HLHS it`s fatal, come back next month\". Fortunately Dr. Jeanty the radiologist who discovered the defect got us in to Vanderbilt very quickly and our questions got answered. 3 years and 3 open heart surgeries later my son is still with us and I have a different gyn provider.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  the best  |  show details
Oct 7th, 2010

Dr A Chern is the best there is. So great and professional. Made my first pregnancy very comfortable. Excellent bedside manner and care. God Bless him.

|  Dr. Andrew Chern is the BESTTTTTT  |  show details
by Kinzi at Citysearch on Sep 24th, 2010 on citysearch.com

Dr. Chern and his staff espeically his nurse Valerie are absolutely the best. I`m sure there`s other doctors who are good, but if you want the best care, reliable, and knowledgeable OBGYN, you want Dr. Chern. He delivered my baby 8 years ago, and I still see him. He and his staff are very personable and are truly commited to delivering the best care you can ask for. He`s extremely gentle and really looks out for his patients well being. Once he told me he tried different pre-natal vitamins to see the different side effects knowing he`s a MALE lol and the effects couldwould be different I was hooked for life.

|  Rating  |  show details
by Dena Ashley on Jul 14th, 2010

I would recommend Dr. Chern to all of my loved ones.

|  Dr.Chern a ObGYN that you can trust!  |  show details
by CSMobileUser2 on Jan 19th, 2010 on citysearch.com

Dr.Chern delivered both of my children & performed 2 surgerys on me! he is excellent & caring! his staff is the best! They all care about you well being & they feel like family!...... anyone that is a patient of his is very we`ll taken care of! he is a wonderful doctor!..

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  dr.chern is great!  |  show details
by CSMobileUser on Jan 19th, 2010 on citysearch.com

he delivered both of my children! & w my daughter I lost a lot of blood & he didn`t leave my bedside he kept close eye on me to make sure it was kept under control...he is the best doctor I`ve ever met! I recommend him to anyone!..... he a sweet & caring man & his staff is great as well!...

|  Current Patient  |  show details
by Michelle on Oct 15th, 2009

I have been a patient of Dr. Chern for about six years. While he did not deliver either of my children, he did diagnose a condition and performed my surgery. He is very caring, answers questions, provides choices and information. I'd refer him to anyone.

|  Best OBGYN in Nashville, Fabulous staff  |  show details
by threepakrats at Citysearch on Sep 20th, 2008 on citysearch.com

I have been a patient of Dr. Chern`s since the mid 90`s. He is awesome! Excellent bedside manner. Very tactful in all aspects of care. Extremely professional. He has delivered both of my children and performed my surgery as well. He has had the same staff members and Medical Assistant since I started seeing him. He is concerned about all aspects of my health, including bruising and contusions that may cause clots due to medication.

by threepakrats on Sep 20th, 2008 on citysearch.com

I have been a patient of Dr. Chern's since the mid 90's. He is awesome! Excellent bedside manner. Very tactful in all aspects of care. *Extremely* professional. He has delivered both of my children and performed my surgery as well. He has had the same sta

Sep 20th, 2008 on yahoo.com

I have been seeing Dr. Chern since the mid 90's. Awesome doctor. Love his staff. He had delivered both of my children. Very caring. Never rushed in any appt I have had with him. Excellent bedside manner, very professional. HIGHLY recommend.

by LElliott4136 on Feb 25th, 2008 on citysearch.com

Dr. Chern and his staff are incredible. I've been seeing him since the 80s and he has delivered my child and performed my surgery. I would highly recommend him and his staff.

|  Best OB-Gyn Doctor in Nashville. Caring Staff as well.  |  show details
by LElliott4136 at Citysearch on Feb 25th, 2008 on citysearch.com

Dr. Chern and his staff are incredible. I`ve been seeing him since the 80s and he has delivered my child and performed my surgery. I would highly recommend him and his staff.

Nov 1st, 2007 on yahoo.com

Dr. Chern is awesome!!! He delivered my son 18 months ago, and he is my second child. I wish I had went to Dr. Chern for my first, this was a much better experience. His staff is very friendly and personable. Dr. Chern is a relaxed and comforting doctor.

Aug 25th, 2006 on yahoo.com

He's the Best: I have been seeing Dr. Chern for 6 years. He has helped me deliver a set of twins and 2 sigle births in that time. I am pregnant at the moment and once again I am sticking with Dr. Chern. I believe he is the greatest obgyn in town. He is st