Dr. Andrew Choy MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

March 8th, 2015
Beware this office will bill your medical and vision insurance companies and still send you a bill. When you confront them they claim it was a mistake. I have spoken to several people and apparently the normal.

June 27th, 2012
Extraodinary Physician
This doctor has been treating my son for Strabismus and he is the most genuine, professional doctor. He has always explained things to me in detail and made sure my son understands the visits as well. Highly recommend this doctor.

April 23rd, 2010
My daughter is so much happier, since her visit and got her glasses. He is wonderful at what he does and knows very well what he is talking about.

March 28th, 2009
misdiagnosed my child and he ended up in the hospital due to his carelessness
Dr. Choy insisted that my son had something very benign, when in fact it was vision and life threatening. He also told me that he read my son's MRI which he clearly lied about because even after he supposedly looked at it, he stuck to his misdiagnosis. Even I, not a doctor, could read the report of the MRI and see that it clearly stated something completely different than what this doctor insisted was the problem. Unfortunately, I didn't get my hands on this report till it was too late. Subsequent doctors were shocked at his carelessness. He also spoke to me very condescendingly. If treated correctly, my son would have avoided hospitalizations, but his carelessness and cavalier manner caused our son and family much anguish, heart ache, and of course hefty medical bills--not to mention that he could have lost his vision. I would never reccommend this doctor to anyone.