A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. William Cies:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. William Cies, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Cies graduated from Duke University , Durham.
Dr. Cies has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian
- Hoag Memorial Hosp Presbyteria, Newport Beach, Ca
- John Muir Medical Center-Concord Campus
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Cies accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 14 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- CaIOPTIMA - 2 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 16 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 77 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. William A. Cies practice?
Dr. William Cies practices Ophthalmology near Newport Beach, CA.
See Newport Beach Ophthalmologists.