Orthopaedic Surgeon

805 Saint Vincents Dr
Ste 100
Birmingham, AL 35205
(205) 939-3699
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Firefighter retired  |  show details
by Richard c Thompson on Oct 12th, 2013

I had rotator cuff repair in 2006 and my surgery resulted in 100 % recovery. Thank you

Jan 25th, 2013

Dr. Cordover is the best there is out there. There are many people who have had surgery and still in bad shape. I blew out my back twice, had two surgerys with no lifestyle impact. He is a caring, dedicated, experienced physician. He is THE best there is.

|  The Best Surgeon Anywhere!!  |  show details
Aug 26th, 2011

Dr A. Cordover, in my opinion is the best Physician I have ever encountered. I am a RN, who have worked side by side with Orthopaedic and Neuro surgeons, I know what to look for, and I know what to avoid. I have a complicated degenerative disc disease in my neck, and after having a failed fusion by a Neuro doctor, (who's reputation I felt was top notch) but because that doctor doesn't like to LISTEN to his patients complaints, or doesn't value his patients opinion of what is going on, I ended up in severe pain for 2 years afterwards. Dr Cordover, listened to me, and was able to go in and fix the damage that the previous fusion was causing, and has also seen other areas in my neck that are degenerating also. Now, I have to drive from Fort Myers, FL to Birmingham to see Dr. Cordover, I wouldn't have it any other way. Dr. Cordover is a "10" in my book. And his nurses are also just as good. They are prompt, courteous and very friendly.

Jul 1st, 2011

I was referred to this doctor by my internal medicine doctor because of lumbar stenosis and I visited dr cordover but he referred me to see another ortho doctor due to his attitude of not caring for my health. I was so upset and crying when I left his office

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
May 13th, 2011

Love this doctor he was good to me and listened to me, unfortunately he moved from my town far away, and I miss him. He is awesome you should pick this doctor. I am picky about my doctors but he is the best!

Feb 22nd, 2011

Best doctor in the WORLD!!!!!!!!!

|  Great Doctor's visit  |  show details
by Jerry Lee Martin on Aug 20th, 2010

I was seen very prompt, given a good exam, and sent for tests right away. I am from Florida and was scheduled and referred from my local doctor. The doctor scheduled a procedure/test to determine if he could help me with my back after SIX (6) failed back surgeries. He determined he could not repair the damaged disks/spine fusions to eliminate my pain. He was srtaight forward and honest; did not want to give me unrealistic hope and further pain with another unproductive surgery. He spent a lot of time advising and assisting my local doctor in determing that I could best be helped by the installation of a pain pump. Things are going great for me because of him.

Dec 11th, 2009

After seeing Dr. Cordover for 2 years the average wait in the office is almost 2 hours or longer. He has a very poor bedside manner and has a very arrogant manner. The average time he spends with a patient is less than 10 minutes. I will not be seeing him again, I plan on finding another orthpadeic doctor that truely cares about their patients.

Sep 11th, 2009

I came to dr. Cordover through a workmans comp. injury. I have heard storys where as work comp dr's. were out to please the company in which paid their bill, and this case was no exception. After one bad surgery from dr. Cordover , I later had to have another to fix my problems and this time I used a better dr. not one who puts his patients second.

Feb 23rd, 2009

Compassionate, caring, my third back surgery (first with him) and a great success.